Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

It feels like something sharp against my heart

Abnigh9

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, sometime when I wake up from sleeping, I would lay still, then take a deep breathe, then realize the deeper breathe I go, the more it feels like something sharp is going against my heart.

Someone says it's too much sex that takes away all my oxygen, another said it's too little oxygen.

What's wrong? Does anyone have any idea?

don_juan_20

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed that when I've been studying for a long time, sometimes in a slouched position. Or just following a sleep in a bad position with my head on my desk, I get the same problem.

Maybe try stretching or moving around a bit.

How do you sleep? Curled up? On your back?

quakerstate

Don Juan
Reaction score
I get this from time to time. Not recently though. I always think I am having a heart attack.
That sh*t hurts!!!! I have no idea what causes it. I always get it when I'm laying down.

Orwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not anything related to your heart. Your heart works constantly, thus the ammount you breathe should not increase the pain. Anyway, its nothing to worry about. It happens when nerves get squeezed or something like that, thus the more you breathe the more the nerve gets squeezed. Its something like that.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoa I thought I was the only one...though half of my ribs are like uber-thick and the rest are normal so my chest is a bit uneven so I thought it was that.

bfl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
man, i also thought that i was the only one.
i guess that im not along, i tought that it was hear attacks too cause it does hurt and u are scare of taking a next breath so u just breath slowly and softly...

Abnigh9

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bfl
man, i also thought that i was the only one.
i guess that im not along, i tought that it was hear attacks too cause it does hurt and u are scare of taking a next breath so u just breath slowly and softly...
That's !EXACTLY! what I'm talking about!!

I'm an amateur fighter, I don't fight much but worst, what if one of these days I get this attack.. I don't want to die... :( :eek: :(

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HOLLY **** i have the same **** yo!

it hurts so much u try to get your back straight just to make that **** stop hurting.

i feel you guys. here is the exercise i do, try it may be it will help you

get on the floor, put your arms above your head. now move your body, and move the toes to the right, as you move the body and arms to the left..then move the toes to the left and body to the right. do this "fish move" for 10-15 secs, and you should feel better.

p.s. that hurts like a knife is stabbign you in the chest.

DJ Fedorov

Don Juan
Reaction score
I get it too. It's a condition called SVT (Supraventricular tachycardia) and I've had it since I was quite young (around 8 yrs old) it's not life threatening but I know it is quite painful when you get them. I remeber my doctor saying that most people outgrow it by their teenage years or by their early 20's. In the past few years it seems like I was rarely getting those "attacks" anymore but lately I have been getting them again, like a couple times a week, and I think it may have something to do with redbull because I drink it alot, esp. before hockey games and I read some articles about how it speeds up your heart rate and it's not good for you. Anyways, what I wrote was just off the top of my head and I didn't bother reading this article but you can take a look and search the web for more about it if your interested. http://home.earthlink.net/~avdoc/infocntr/htrhythm/hrsvt.htm

Reaction score
Hey I get this occasionaly too. Especially when slouched over the computer for a long time or sometimes when waking up. I was getting it quite regularly around Christams and now it has disappeared (I also used to get it as a teenager too). I too was worried that it might be angina except it isn't made any worse by exercise and occurs mainly at rest (particularly if my chest is compressed) not when exercising. I'm so glad to find I'm not the only one and that its probably not heart disease.

tigerkick

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah.. i thought i was the only one .. the pain would hurt sooo much that i have the telephone near me to call 911.. incase it was really a heart attack.. well.. i haven't had those "pointy pin" feeling in my heart after i turned 19 :eek:.

Makes me realize that i should cut down on fast foods.. or it might come back again.

DX_Flyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
dang, mine arent that bad. Sometimes when im lying down to my sides and i breathe, it'll hurt for a min, but i just breathe slower and it goes away. happened to me like 5 times before, nothing big.