Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

It can begin in the gym

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This post from a recent thread got me thinking.
Maximus Rex said:
Studies have shown that there are several health benefits to lifting weights. It works muscles that normally wouldn't be worked, increases your endurance and stamina, plus working out also helps you to sleep better. For those reasons alone, you should be working out.
My body feels stronger...and thus I feel healthier. I sleep better and longer because the gym wipes me out energy wise. I also feel more outgoing and confident because of the physical activity and changes in my body.

Men, it can all begin in the gym....seriously. Any guy who has ever diligently gone to the gym 3 or more days a week can tell you what working out does to you. It really motivates you in many facets of your life.

A healthy man should be a happy man. I know that once I started lifting weights and playing more sports, that I became more confident. I felt more motivated in my social life and even professional life. Im in the gym 3 to 5 days a week, and as a regular have made friends at the gym.

Whats this mean? It means meeting fun and attractive new women. It also means making new bros who are on the same wavelength as you when it comes to fitness and fun. Now a bunch of us from the gym are going to a big music festival late in the spring where hundreds or even thousands of girls will be.

Even if you arent the most outgoing person, stay in the gym for your health. Especially as we get older, its so important to keep your bones and muscles healthy. Nevermind the fact that lifting keeps your metabolism up and influences hormone production.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
This post from a recent thread got me thinking.
My body feels stronger...and thus I feel healthier. I sleep better and longer because the gym wipes me out energy wise. I also feel more outgoing and confident because of the physical activity and changes in my body.

Men, it can all begin in the gym....seriously. Any guy who has ever diligently gone to the gym 3 or more days a week can tell you what working out does to you. It really motivates you in many facets of your life.

A healthy man should be a happy man. I know that once I started lifting weights and playing more sports, that I became more confident. I felt more motivated in my social life and even professional life. Im in the gym 3 to 5 days a week, and as a regular have made friends at the gym.

Whats this mean? It means meeting fun and attractive new women. It also means making new bros who are on the same wavelength as you when it comes to fitness and fun. Now a bunch of us from the gym are going to a big music festival late in the spring where hundreds or even thousands of girls will be.

Even if you arent the most outgoing person, stay in the gym for your health. Especially as we get older, its so important to keep your bones and muscles healthy. Nevermind the fact that lifting keeps your metabolism up and influences hormone production.
I didn't start getting decent with women until i started working out religiously. One of the best decisions i've ever made

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am doing kettleball workouts. Its strength training mixed with cardio. I hate lifting heavy weights and would prefer to get lean and "toned" then bulky and wide

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gravityeyelids said:
I didn't start getting decent with women until i started working out religiously. One of the best decisions i've ever made
Agree with this. Regular exercise has transfomed all areas of my life for the better.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never lifted weights before. How do I start? I'm pretty sure I can't lift.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
El Payaso, if you join a gym they can help get you started. Just don't overdo it at first. If you can't afford a gym, you can start by doing pushups, crunches, squats and lunges every other day. Maybe start with 10 of each and see how you feel the next day - if you aren't sore, add 2 reps of each to your next session.

When you get up to 20 reps, start adding sets - do 2 sets of 12 of each, then 2 sets of 13, etc, till you are doing 4 sets of 20. By then you'll be some motivated you'll figure out how to get that gym membership!

Lot's of good stuff on the web on this topic as well.

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing crunches, pushups, leg lifts, and a bunch of arm exercises with just 20lb free weights and its making a noticable difference after 3 weeks. I do this 5 nights a week. I do need to start going to a gym or get some more serious weights at home now since I have outgrown my little 20 pounders. I can do too many reps without getting tired or sore.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MtnMan said:
I've been doing crunches, pushups, leg lifts, and a bunch of arm exercises with just 20lb free weights and its making a noticable difference after 3 weeks. I do this 5 nights a week. I do need to start going to a gym or get some more serious weights at home now since I have outgrown my little 20 pounders. I can do too many reps without getting tired or sore.
You should invest in a power rack on amazon, an olympic bar bell, and some plates. Then all you'll ever need in your life is some squats, some deadlifts, some overhead presses and some bench presses. So that means you need a bench too.

Kbish828

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started going to the gym every morning about a month ago. The results are incredible and the quality of women that I get has increased

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yoga helps tremendously as well. When I first started yoga I was young and it was a challenge to do the entire hour. It helps with balance and flexibility. If you have "extreme sport" hobbies like mountain biking, BMXing, snowboarding, skating, etc. this will help.

Swimming is great as well, as it is low impact on your joints. Keeping up on cardio allows you to have nice marathon pounding sessions. Biking is also great for those of us who need the scenery to be changing.

The difference in how you feel, how you act, and how you carry yourself after lifting weights is well worth the effort you put into it.

Here's a pro tip: listen to audiobooks when you're working out. The iPhone has the ability to speed them up by 2x so you can learn at twice the speed, while everyone else is listening to mindless music. If you need music to motivate yourself to work out, you don't have enough desire.

Legday

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh look a newbie lifter

Yeah sorry pal we all that that lifting would do that to us, but even in high school where everyone thought i was buff it didn't make me get a gf or get laid.

Sad reality is that lifting creates false hope but once you start for a while you can't stop bcus once u do you get depressed

Legday

Don Juan
Reaction score
thatfeel said:
You should invest in a power rack on amazon, an olympic bar bell, and some plates. Then all you'll ever need in your life is some squats, some deadlifts, some overhead presses and some bench presses. So that means you need a bench too.
Wat! Not all, first off you need a floor where you can actually put a barbell on and not damage either the plates or the floor. And you also should get an adjustable bench.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Are you the admitted bisexual that banned PHM?
Negative on both counts. Check yourself and stay on topic.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Are you the admitted bisexual that banned PHM?
Typical ignorance of the benefits of yoga. Yoga can be especially beneficial for guys building their body. It helps one stay flexible and prevent injury as they put on mass.

Haters gon' hate I guess.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Typical ignorance of the benefits of yoga. Yoga can be especially beneficial for guys building their body. It helps one stay flexible and prevent injury as they put on mass.

Haters gon' hate I guess.
Not to mention hot yoga girls that are easy to talk to.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Legday said:
Wat! Not all, first off you need a floor where you can actually put a barbell on and not damage either the plates or the floor. And you also should get an adjustable bench.
I workout without a bench with just two 40lb dumbells doing a routine very similar to this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgEd_jqkg0M
and I am having great results. I lift 2x per week and I jog/walk 5mi 5x per week. I have lost about 42lbs (22 more to go).

Also, your comment that lifting won't get you laid is right - it's just one aspect of a complex equation. But it is a good start on your personal improvement plan, and you'l look better and feel better.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Just wondering because someone claiming to be you said they were bisexual on the PHM Chatzy room
I am not bisexual. That's very peculiar that someone would claim to be me and say something like that. I suppose some users feel the need to smear me simply because I'm a mod, but that kind of thing comes with the territory. I'm more interested in going out and getting laid.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MOTU said:
El Payaso, if you join a gym they can help get you started. Just don't overdo it at first. If you can't afford a gym, you can start by doing pushups, crunches, squats and lunges every other day. Maybe start with 10 of each and see how you feel the next day - if you aren't sore, add 2 reps of each to your next session.

When you get up to 20 reps, start adding sets - do 2 sets of 12 of each, then 2 sets of 13, etc, till you are doing 4 sets of 20. By then you'll be some motivated you'll figure out how to get that gym membership!

Lot's of good stuff on the web on this topic as well.
I know I'm a bit late getting back to you but I started about two weeks ago. I'm still on 10 but I'm aiming for 13 by the end of next week. Hopefully, I'll get up to 20 so I can start that gym membership!