Isometric Squats

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know they sound a little funny and worthless, but let me make a few points:

1) The best way to increase test and HGH levels is spinal contraction and stimulation of the sternum rectus.

2) Squats are all about spinal compression

3) Isometric is the way to put all your power into a move. You push with all you can for as long as you want.

Just had my first weekly isometric day, and I'll be damned if I didn't feel jacked after isometric squats. They're the real deal.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Soshyopathe, I'd like to know what do you mean on #3 when you have no weight against you?

Btw, are you really a psychologist?

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In isometrics, the weight pushing against you is the weight you push against the object. So you can push with all 300 lbs of your leg strength, and get 300lbs of resistance right back at you.

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Then isometric is useless for skinny people since most of the skinny people can easily handle their own weight.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm a bit confused on how to do an isometric squat. A squat usually involves squatting down with weight on your shoulders.

How does one do one isometrically?

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really, guys, I'm hitting my head on the monitor right now.

Okay, in the power rack, put the pins a few inches below shoulder height. Put the weightless bar on your shoulders. Get the bar under the pins, and press up as hard as you can.

It's like pushing against a wal basically. As hard as you can squat goes into the lift, and you get maximum spinal contraction.