Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is Washington D.C. considered the "South"

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I will be looking for jobs soon since I just graduated from grad school.

I always considered myself a northeast person and like ethnic diversity (something the southern states really lack).

I definitely DO NOT consider D.C. the "Northeast" as I have heard others claim.

To me, D.C. is more the "south" because of its location between Maryland and Virginia. I know Virginia is considered a southern state, and Maryland only sometimes is.

D.C. seems like a cool place to live, but I picture it to be a bit WASPY.

However, my cousins bf tells me in Virginia, they call Northern Virginia "NOVA" and don't really consider it part of Virginia.

Any input?

And when I mean diversity, I am not just talking about Black, Hispanic, White.

I am talking about ethnicities within races (E.g. Mexican, Dominican, Italian, Czech, Russian...etc.)

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldnt consider it south, nor the north east. Its kinda just chillin there. Personally, i would never live IN D.C. I prefer not to be in the ghetto. Most people usually commute to D.C., thats what i would do if i were you.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
I wouldnt consider it south, nor the north east. Its kinda just chillin there. Personally, i would never live IN D.C. I prefer not to be in the ghetto. Most people usually commute to D.C., thats what i would do if i were you.

The job I might apply to requires D.C residency. However, I know there are nice areas like Adams Morgan and Georgetown to live in.

Cod3r

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DC is ghetto and so are parts of MD

-Cod3r

DJMaC23

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a lot of diversity in this area...you will find quite a bit of black people in D.C. but then you will also find many many other different groups of people...a lot of hotties in D.C. as well, all flavors (black american, african, hispana, european, indian, the list goes on and on...) In some ways it can be considered the south, but it's not really quite there...u don't really experience the south until you get past Richmond VA

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How bout we just call it the east coast?

DC is it's own little place.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DC was actually designed to be built as neither in the north or the south!

I guess its worked.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a Virginia resident, DC is NOT the south. I think the real border lies between southern VA and Northern VA. Northern VA is the north, everything changes when you start getting near Fairfax and higher. People talk different, drive different... southern VA (where I'm from) is all hicks, who all act just like they're from South Carolina or something.

Cod3r

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
u don't really experience the south until you get past Richmond VA
Amen brother... Gretna, lynchburg, charlottesville, Danville, ect...

Basically when you start seeing FOOD LION's you're in the south bro...

-Cod3r

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amen brother... Gretna, lynchburg, charlottesville, Danville, ect...
haha, I live in Lynchburg... Cod3r, are you from around Lynchburg? just curious, I'm trying to find wings around here.