Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is trying to get a womans phone number on the streets or out in public outdated?

Reaction score
Ive noticed whenever I cold approach on the streets and try to get a womans number that my numbers are low in actually getting the womans phone number. They are even lower if I pull up in my car alongside and try to get a phone number. Are these ways outdated? If they are outdated, what would be better ways to get with women in public?

Last edited:

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Bang them the same day you meet them.
2. Have a really solid interaction with them to the point where they want to fck you, you dont try to fck them cuz logistics are fcked for either one of you. Then text them and bang them within a day or two. This is a more solid number then the traditional: approach-> tell them ur cute -> making them laugh -> number close thing.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive noticed whenever I cold approach on the streets and try to get a womans number that my numbers are low in actually getting the womans phone number. They are even lower if I pull up in my car alongside and try to get a phone number. Are these ways outdated? If they are outdated, what would be better ways to get with women in public?
I don't know how you approach women, but if I can use your car approach above as an example I'd say you missing the point here bro. Never try and get her number while driving next to her. That's creepy AF. This is very close to cat calling. The girls don't feel comfortable with you when you do this.

I'm making assumptions here - so please do correct me if I'm wrong - but if you approach girls in the same way as you would while driving then I would say no wonder you got a lot of no's or fake numbers.

When you approach a girl, be confident and show intent (I believe you got these covered), but also be charming, funny and don't make it look like you're doing this all the time. This is where a lot of PUA's go wrong. The girl should feel special for being approached. It should make her day and if she senses that you're walking up to one girl after the other her defences are going to kick in and she will slam the door on you.

But again, I'm making assumptions here. When I approach a woman I hold eye contact and make sure my posture is good, this is about as far as I'm going with showing confidence because I also try to show her - by the words that I use - that I don't do this all the time and that I "just had to walk up to her and say hi".. this line doesn't work if she sees you approaching tons of other girls.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this line doesn't work if she sees you approaching tons of other girls.
its not the line that's the issue here. sure her seeing you get rejected in front of her when asking for the number is going to severely affect your chances of getting a solid number from her. but really going out and collecting numbers is an extremely low percentage game. like if you were to collect 100 numbers throughout the week (which is a ton of effort) of those 100s. 20 will respond to you. 5 might agree to go out with you. 3 will flake. and of those 2, you might close 1 of them. seeing all that effort at a shot of closing 1 girl, you'd think the guy be interested in hearing alternative strategies to collecting numbers.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is not outdated that is the issue. It's your approach and most likely the vibe you give that is.

In terms of cold approach being outdated, it is if you make it to be. We just know that cold approach is the real way to build confidence and social skills. So in all honestly, keep at it. Expect you will suck and will have no results for a while.

Be like Bruce Lee and practice that kick 1000 times. At some point, sooner than later, that kick will be fatal.

Now to be specific, as we have discussed in the past. Women have a huge wall when it comes to any guy that will approach them. So even if you have your A-game, they will automatically and subconsciously be guarded. Even more so if you literally stop in your car to approach and don't get out, that comes across as creepy (more so if you have a luxury car or a van). If you are on a motorcycle, like us, you are golden. Motorcycles are better than any online dating app. Just don't be a moron while riding, leave the wheelies off the road.

To overcome this guard or wall, confidence and the correct vibe are critical. Don't approach with an agenda, be light and quick. You initiate with preferably a funny comment, observation (we avoid giving compliments unless you are genuine about it), instill some mystery as to who you are, make her feel good (that's also key), and you end the conversation.

The bottom line, be genuine about your approach and have zero agenda. Women pick up on hidden agendas really easily. Once you get good at that, you will have a solid sense of when a woman will be willing to give out their number. But do expect rejection, it is super common. However, rejection in this sense is your real teacher.

Last tip: We usually set up a date right then and there (depending on how we are gauging her vibe and response) by simply saying something like "Hey, I'm actually going to [insert place] [insert day] night, let me know if you wanna join me". DO NOT force her to say yes or no right there and then, give her time to let you know. If she is truly interested she will text you back asking for details. If she doesn't, just follow up later that week with another "let me know if you wanna join me" invitation or straight-up "do you want to" invitation. If she is super interested she will make it happen, if she is slightly interested she will at least offer an alternative date, if she is not she will flake out again. At that point, move on.

All of this while you do this 3 to 4 times a day for 90 days.

Modern Man Advice

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive noticed whenever I cold approach on the streets and try to get a womans number that my numbers are low in actually getting the womans phone number.
What's changed? It wasn't ever easy.

They are even lower if I pull up in my car alongside and try to get a phone number. Are these ways outdated? If they are outdated, what would be better ways to get with women in public?
What the f*ck? I agree with @MoMoses, that's some bro-tastic stupid sh*t that might have worked on a Saturday night in 1995 South Beach, if you were a professional athlete.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's only cold approach if you don't warm it up....

Create conversation don't spit lines....

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Be like Bruce Lee and practice that kick 1000 times. At some point, sooner than later, that kick will be fatal.
Fatal? Last I checked, MMA matches don't have that many deaths.

instill some mystery as to who you are
If she doesn't know you, who you are is by default mysterious. What is "instilling some mystery" here?

However, rejection in this sense is your real teacher.
How so? What "real teaching" does it do, assuming that you aren't given any information as to why you were rejected?

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is "instilling some mystery" here?
Means purposely skirting around what you do (giving some idea of what it might be but not directly telling her) or why you do them (why you were in X location). Just instills some curiosity about you, that she may not otherwise had, had you just spilled the beans about you being all anti seductive.
What "real teaching" does it do
When things were going great. You said or did something, then all of a sudden things go south. You learn (hopefully lol) not to do or say that thing, when the same context presents itself again in the future.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People don´t actually speak on the phone that much these days. Probably whatsapp is a better option, along with the suggestion of doing something together so that they know why you´re asking. Facebook and Instagram are best avoided.

xuzaki

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't say anything about the car thing. Never had a car. But on the street, yeah, I can get numbers on a quarter of my approaches. It has a lot to do with how you do it, your energy, etc.

To qualify that, only half the numbers even respond. And only half of those will come out to meet. And I haven't tried this since the world decided to hide in bubbles last year; I imagine now most girls would run away with their anti-bacterial gel squirting full blast.

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you acting on choosing signals or just firing from the hip?

Last edited:

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gone into the public bathroom t9 pickup. Gym coffee shops. Work. It's all fair game. The trick is to calibrate being that guy who shoots his shot wherever. prepare to take Ls. it's trench warfare. the good news ? girls don't stop turning 18. the wall is undefeated.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you acting on choosing signals or just firing from the hip?
I do both. My D won't suck itself. Today there's more attention *****s giving out IOIs for free attention. Fellas should take it if hot. I'm not reliant on approach invitation nor should any man be. Real talk dudes don't approach. I blame low T.

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do both. My D won't suck itself. Today there's more attention *****s giving out IOIs for free attention. Fellas should take it if hot. I'm not reliant on approach invitation nor should any man be. Real talk dudes don't approach. I blame low T.
im not approaching without ioi, thats the end of it

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's OK. most men today are soy and don't approach. I blame low t.
thats fine too , i notice alot of guys dont really get pussii like that , so they have to go out and approach random women and hope that 1 out 10 will sleep them. hoping that they can charm them. i blame the fact that they dont get choosing signals and probably have to work for the girls attention, since she didnt choose them

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not just outdated, can goto jail.