Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is time speeding up?

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like time speeds up as you age? I remember like it was yesterday when I was 26 and in my prime and now I am 40 with gray hairs. Sometimes ill be at places like a park or at the beach and I realize that im the oldest one there. Is there any way to slow things down? Its making me depressed.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like time speeds up as you age? I remember like it was yesterday when I was 26 and in my prime and now I am 40 with gray hairs. Sometimes ill be at places like a park or at the beach and I realize that im the oldest one there. Is there any way to slow things down? Its making me depressed.
You better be enjoying it! That dwelling upon what you don't like can be addictive. Go do something you like, because it passes really fast. You might as well enjoy it, do things you like to do, go places you want to go, do things you want to do, be around people you want to be around.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is like a roll of toilet paper..... it goes faster as you get closer to the end.

Seriously.... when we are young we can't wait to be older and once we get there we are like wtf where did time go? Especially of you have kids... it multiplies this effect.

Epi

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my mates is a MONK. He's a bit esoteric and kooky. been saying that something is going on and time is speeding up. A fully year + of pandemic passed.

My mate said there's no way to slow it down but to work on presence to fully enjoy the depth of the moment. Make the most of it all.

I would suggest Reading Meditationso by Marcus A. Practice stoicism. No homosexual I always thought salt and pepper was a good look. YouTube kochi silver fox. That dude owns it. Silver fox. The problem is becoming a hollowed out husk of your former self.

If you haven't, read Power of now by Ecky. Take up a meditation practice. 20min a day. Once lock down ends join a yoga group. Meditation group. Yoga is all women. Meditation groups are all women lulz. Be more limber. Slow down your mind. Healthy body healthy mind. Take up intermittent fasting. Clean up diet especially at 40 it's monumental.

The hardest part is that you can't change it. you just have to make moves and d9 your best to make the most of it all.

Last edited:

Serenity

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm starting to notice this effect. What I believe is that we forget just how much we have actually experienced, we pick out the highlights and compress it down so it feels like it all happened in a flash. If you really start digging down into old memories and try to recall as much as possible it will seem as time has moved a lot slower than if you just look at the summary of highlights.

Time is also perceived to go by very quickly if you live your life on autopilot, doing the same routine every day and not much interesting happens in your life. Thousands of days doing the same thing is remembered as one day more or less, they're insignificant to you and it's like that time is just somehow lost.

The only way to counteract the feeling of life running away from you is to enrich it with meaningful experiences. Sadly many people get stuck in a loop doing the same things over and over again day in and day out, then waking up sometime in their 40s with a huge midlife crisis realizing they haven't really lived for years and the inevitable end of any life being closer than ever.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly what Serenity said above. For serious bro. The moments in life that went by super slowly: your first three years enlisted in any branch of military and some deployments, the 90-second plank held at the end of every warmup at the start of every boxing gym session in England, high intensity circuit training rounds, sparring rounds in boxing when I wasn't in proper shape in that very given moment and jumping out of airplanes.

Speaking of time, to reward myself for bringing my career to a close in my early 30's (just months ago), I was about to go and buy a nice Tag Heuer as a congrats to me, but I saw the economy and uncertainty building so I went with a much more affordable option. But I'd still go and buy a Tag or something similar in your shoes at 40.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somehow this question reminds me of this story:
The Last Question -- Isaac Asimov (multivax.com)

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Time goes by faster when your day to day life is routine and homogenous. There's nothing to break up the monotony and every day just feels the same. If you move constantly, travel, and have lots of changes in your life, it will not rush by like that, because your brain has to constantly adapt to process new information and experiences.

A good analogy to this is sleeping. Why does dreamless sleep seem to go by instantly? It's because there's nothing in your conscious attention to process. Even if you drift into a "lower" state of wakefulness where you're not quite asleep, it will go by very fast. People experienced with meditation can probably attest to this as well, when you meditate for 2+ hrs it seems to go by very quickly if you do it right, because you're not letting yourself constantly get distracted by thoughts, emotions, and you're not paying attention to the passage of time.

This is part of the reason I have zero intention to ever buy a house, get married, or have kids. It basically guarantees a life of monotony. I've heard enough stories now of men in their 50s or 60s who spent their entire life working away just to wake up one day and realize their entire life passed them by and have nothing besides material wealth to show for it.

Last edited:

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, im 54 and the week just flies by, the months, the seasons for that matter. Time accelerates as you age. It depresses me too, specially since all my best years are behind me and i know old age isnt gonna be any fun what so ever

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, im 54 and the week just flies by, the months, the seasons for that matter. Time accelerates as you age. It depresses me too, specially since all my best years are behind me and i know old age isnt gonna be any fun what so ever
Gotta look forward and live in a way we can enjoy it.