Is this what the best time of your life suppose to be?!

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've all probalby heard.. "College, the place where you are finally free, the girls, the parties, new experiences! It is going to be the best time of your life!"

Hah, well, this is my sophmore year at a school with about 16000 kids living around campus... over the last two years i've had my share of experiences here.. let's see..

First of all, yeah, freedom from parents, big woop! If you were not a momma's boy in the first place, there will be no point of calling your parents every night, while you are crying yourself to sleep. Girls do this, guys shouldnt. I've seen fathers cry becuase they are letting their sons go to school 2 hours away from their home...

Next big misconception is "there are partys EVERYWHERE!!!!" Haha, keep dreaming bro. If your definition of a party is similar to mine, which is "at least 20 people, with at least third being girls" there will not be many parties for you to find... people will call 6 guys and a fat chick sitting around playing XBOX a party. WTF?!

One thing you need to know right now, there is going to be plenty of time when there Aint SH1t to do. Absolutely fukking nothing. Espeically in the winter, when EVERYONE sits on their asses and does nothing. If i didnt have myu school gym and my will to make something out of this "college life" i would fukking slit my wrists from boredoom. There is a direct correlation between boredoom and drinking... every single college student will tell you they on of the reasons he drinks is becuase there is nothing better to do.

so.. drinking. There is a saying that people who didnt drink in HS turn into raging alcoholics in college. There is some truth to it, becuase these guys dont know their limits yet, so a lot of times they end up sick.

Drinking is #1 past time in college. People drink at parties, people drink at home while watching TV, people drink and go to class (i've done this once, Not recommending it for anyone, especially is the class is Loooong and boooring, drinking will make it worse)

Now, i have no problem with alcohol. My freshman year i'd drink 3-4 times a week, thinking it was so great to get smashed.

However, now that i am older and wiser, i realzed something. If you workout, and care about your body, the negative effects of drinking will kill your progress. We all know those fratboys cheering "wooooo" with beers in their hands... rocking their guts left and right, wondering why girls are never trying to hook up with them...

You know, i have this little theory about drinking. There is absolutely no point to drinking besides social drinking. There should not be any excuse to drink when you are sitting with your guy friend and have nothing to do. Drink when there are hot girls around, who are also enjoying it. Dont get wasted, take 3-4 shots and be done with it. Beer is horrible if you are working out, switch to hard liquor.
I am so fukking sick of this same type of "partying" i see here every single god damn day. You walk in a room it is 2 guys and an ugly girl getting smashed. Walk into another room, it is 3 girls getting high and drunk. This is not partying, this is stupid and wasteful. I know people guys who drink 5 times a week, they might as well start playing grab ass becuase there are NEVER any hot women around.

So please, be smart about this. Remember, you always want to be somewhat sober when interacting with girls. Dont turn into the drunken idiot everyone at the party cheers for but no girl is going to touch with a pole.

Another big issue is girls. Now there are MANY beautiful girls around my school. WTF is the problem you ask? The chances to finding a girl who is quality and isnt taken are fukking slim to none. Sure, there are plenty of elephants ready to get you drunk and take advantage of you, plus all the slutty girls with birth control patches on their arms at the bars...but GOOD GIRLS are TAKEN. I am not an ******* who wishes to steal another guy's girl... but i am seriously considering it. (i've came close a number of times before, but then decided it wasnt worth it).

You hear this talk about girls jumping on you when you go to parties. Haha, yeah, sluts do jump on you. Do you want sluts?

Then there is that fukking ratio..they say my school is 60girls/40guys ... now factor all the fat farm girls out and you are left with 30/40 at BEST for the normal girls ratio.

I've asked more than 20 girls out within last year (this is girls i've gotten to know for a little bit) and all but 5 had boyfriends, 2 i got with and rest flaked.

Arghh.. i know this is turning into a rant, but i JUST came back from another girl's house where all they were doing is playing drinking games with captain morgan... 3 decent looking girls locked inside their castle afraid to come outside and experience college for what it really should be. Why the fukk cant people just go and try making new friends, join new clubs and try to have a good time. Why does 60% of my school go home every weekend? Why the fukk does 30% stay at home on weekends watching TV?! Wake the fukk up, this is the so-called "time of your life".

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow I sure hope you are the only person that thinks this way. I am a senior in HS and am really looking forward to college.

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, you just aren't invited to the fun parties denis! They don't invite losers... hee hee

Just kidding, I'm moving back to minneasota next year to hit the clubs 3-4 times a week and continue pimping that way with my friend mario. I'm going to learn to dance better too!

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha, yeah matt you could never get in any parties around here then ;)

Going to learn to dance better? haha, for sho!

Honestly, this could be just my school, stuck in snow and fat farm girls.. may be i should move to vegas afterall ;)

I would really like to hear some input from guys who go to colleges. If you think your school is different, i would love to hear from you.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that's my experience so far too.

I mean freshman year is cool as hell but the drinking and the "parties"(you'll find out soon than 'party' is whenever more than 3 girls are present) get old very quick.

The people who say this is the best time of your life must have been losers in highschool cuz honestly I had a better time back in HS(even JHS I think).

All everyone does is drink,play videogames,drink,play videogames.Wait to friday comes around to head into to town to some whackass club.

The rich kids are ****ing annoying.They assume everyone is talking about them or wants to follow their lead or some****.Unfortantley they are the only ones who are constitant enough to hang out with....if they accept you into there circles that is.

The Brothers are cornballs who fight and jump people constantly,but wouldn't even make eye contact with someone there own size outside of campus.

Only thing good here is the chics...and that's if you have no moral capacity whatsover.If you don't mind going out with a chic one night then find out she gave head to your buddy in his car the very next night,then you won't have a problem with the chics here.

It's very overated and insanley boring.The only people having fun is the brothers ,the athletes and the sluts.

I just do my work and hang out with however's not a obnoxious drunken bastard.That's usually the upper class cats.

insomniac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The college "sausage" parties...been to plenty of those. But, also ones with tons of hot girls. I went to a large university, and had friends who were in the know of all the big parties going on. But, I had no clue, and would just get plastered and have fun with the guys. The only thing I'd change, is I'd drink a little less and work more on the girls....but I didn't have the drive or resources for that at the time.

If I had a time machine, I'd download everything on here onto a couple 3.5" floppy disks and give them to my past self.in '93 I was a clueless idiot with women throughout college. Just think of what I could have done with the confidence and knowledge I have now. Oh well, life's still good, and I've kept myself in good shape and youthful. I saw a few of my college drinking buddies a couple years ago, and they had really let themselves go.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to a military school, so you can imagine what I think...

Your 20 and 30s are great.. 30s are really great if you have a good job and income.

After 40 it really does go downhill (physically) so enjoy 22-30 while you can!

It will get better!

How is that for a positive posting from old dietzcoi?

Dietzcoi

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by insomniac
The college "sausage" parties...been

I don't know what it is about that term sausage referring to guys, but it just irritates the hell out of me.

Not that there's anything wrong with you using it... it's my prob =p

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
College is just like anywhere else in the world...90% of people are lame and any time you go out it's a hit-or-miss kind of thing.

The best thing about college for me was the communal atmosphere...everyone pretty much kept their dorm doors open except when they were sleeping or spanking it and it was constantly like one big party. That's probably what you're tlaking about as far as people "sitting around drinking and playing X-box".

You have to just keep getting out there, trying new things, new places...suggest some sh!t to your friends and get them up and out once in a while. Do something FUN.

Honestly, it's what you make of it. ANd if you take what's there and make something fun out of it, others will follow. Just don't be so quick to blanket-judge everyone and everything.

I'm with you completely on the drinking thing. I have NEVER been one to sit and drink at home. Drinking is more of a social enabler...it's something to do when going out with your buddies so you're less inhibited from doing crazy stuff...stuff that makes good stories the next day.

And as far as girls go, EVERY good girl at college has a boyfriend back home. This is just a technicality, a hold-over from high-school where every girl had to have a boyfriend to be cool. Chances are a lot of them are starting to mature and are opening their eyes to OTHER guys outside their little highschooliverse. I would not have any qualms about putting moves on girls with hold-over boyfriends. And you don't even have to do the "formal date" thing in college...you've got all kinds of opportunities to set up informal get-togethers where you can work on her without it actually seeming like a "date". Study-sessions, watching a movie, "parties", etc...

You just need to free your mind of the traditional boyfriend/girlfriend schema of talk->phone number->date->2nd date->kiss->sex->commitment...relationships, especially at the exploratory college stage, are anything but normal.

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
University for me was the best time, but in order to make it great you have to have a certain sense of action;

IE: Get to know the quality girls (personality-wise) in your classes, and build reputation. I did this by volunteering as a course representative for two years - people came to me with problems and my name was known.

Concentrate on your social skills as University is the best place to do it in your life. Think of your time as a course in gradually becoming better as a person, as well as your chosen subject.

Pick the niche' parts of University life. I, for one, joined the Christian Union and ran a society called the Film Society. In both places, there were many opportunities to meet people and share reponsibility. Again, your name is well known.

But, to drink all day with losers? That is not what you call "taking advantage of University life's opportunities". You only get a few years to do it, don't waste them.

Oh, and there are definetly a lot of untaken girls of a high calibre. You've been looking in the wrong places, as I have described. The Christian Union was a source of many good-looking girls who happened to be single. You just needed to be careful on how you were perceived by not doing such things as aiming to seduce the lot of them in a week.

(Of course, being in a campus-orientated, larger university helps)

Nick

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah man, college is really made by the people you hang out with...if you're with the chumps who play video games all day, ur not gonna have fun!

meet some guys that know how to have a good time and pimp girls, this way if your school really is whack(which i doubt, because theres always something goin on that you might not know about) you guys can go to some of the other schools around your area and pimp

also, meet some girls that have alot of female friends from your school and other schools, this way you can broaden your circle of connections and in no time you'll be havin fun

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HS was the ****! the best time of my life...I went to EIU for 1 year!

and its gay im sorry...college is GAY..not only is the education system of it set up terribly.....the fact that you get kids who DRINK DRINK, SMOKE SMOKE!

its boring! I had to get out and get back to the real world!

anyways...if u really hate it..look for other means for education..

I dont know why people dont use community college..CHEAP for 2 yrs..there has to be local schools where u are from/.

gruby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amigo, i think it's time you guys got a life or at least moved to a chellenging uni in a big city. I went to school in NYC and have to say it was pretty busy experience -- there was no such thing like having nothing to do if anything because there was so much school work (...and i was art major!). That said for me the best time of my life happened after colleger (right now). I do what i want, don't have pressure and strict guied lines of school, work freelance meet ****load of people. Live like a gypsy.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good replies.

I am with all of you guys, I've always believe that college is what you make of it. This is why i had gotten my ass up and after calling up 10 people and everyone flaking, i would still go out BY MYSELF and find parties. My freshman year i've met a ton of new people just by myself going place to place.

I am not the one to sit on my ass and play video games all day. Yes it is fun, and yes i do it a bit, but there is more to school than this. I am the one to take my friends to a college 30 mins away to go meet girls there. I am one to call up girls and ask where they are partying. I've had over 200 numbers in my phone since i started school;... the problem is, only about 10 of those are reliable people. The rest are "Yo, where you partying at tonight?" type of people.

After i've been doing all this, getting out there and working my ass off to have a good time, i now realize that even though it was fun, it shouldnt be this hard. Like i said, riot made the number of parties plummet.

Nick, christian girls bro? A lot of work with questionable results. I really dont like the idea of church in the first place, so i wont be enjoying it either. THere are some nice girls tho, i agree.

We got campus movie theater, that shows movies every other day. I swear this is the biggest event in my school.. good opportunity to find girls, but you have like 2 mins before movies starts or after it ends to try something.. not much to work with.

Haha, i remember last year i'd go floor to floor in the dorm just walking in, getting to know people. Every time i walk to class i say hi to plenty of people i am aquinted with. Setting up plans with these people is a whole different story.

Caldus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah college is definitely what you make it. My school is somewhat like yours. Lots of people go home on the weekends and it just seems like there are no good single females left. I know they are out there though. You just have to keep meeting more and more girls.

And I so agree about the drinking thing. I never understood why it was so cool to get wasted and not remember what you did. I'm all for getting tipsy at social scenes but don't see the point in drinking all the time. I very rarely drink because I work out and play sports sometimes and definitely don't want alchohol bogging me down in that aspect.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide, I understand where you're coming from competely. I left a boring HS life in MD for what I thought was going to be the most out of control party of my life in Hawaii. Boy was I wrong and I voiced my opinion to all of the friends I made freshman year.

I did realize however I had to make the best of a bad situation. My school wasn't nearly as big as yours and I still managed to run some seirious game (as well as cause general havoc about the campus) with little or no problem. There's trouble and fun everywhere and you just have to go out an look for it. Often the kind of action you're looking for can't be found by word of mouth or in public areas, you have to go looking for it or it'll stumble across your path. That's just how it is, bide your time and you'll be able to find some sick things for you to do. Keep your eyes open and don't stress about how things are too much.

Phrase

Don Juan
Reaction score
oxide read my college post in the "good girls" thread. It's just a taste of my experience there. It can be positive if you want it to be.

eps

Don Juan
Reaction score
College..... I decided not to get involved in all the BS in it...

Just get your degree and make something of your life...