Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is this too "wierd" to do?

What do you think is the best path?

• Intellectual side: Move on and for get about it.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Emotional side: Call her at whatever the risk or cost

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Spiritual side: Just wait till the next time she comes in, she will if it's ment to be

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I did a number of searches and came out with nothin. So, I figured that this was a rare type of situation. I work as a retail clerk for a video rental store. A girl came into the store and she seemed familar to me. Like perhaps I had seen her in the store before. She reminded me of a girl that thought I had told a co-worker she was "cute." Let me exsplain: A few months ago, I was ringing up a couple of lovely laides and one of my co-workers said: "Your right Scott, she really is cute!" Of course, I had not said that she was cute, but I was thinkin she was. At the time, I was sort of "seeing" someone and she had come back the next day. I wasn't at work, but she asked about me. That's when the same co-worker told her that was was "seeing" someone. Damn, cuz then it didn't work out with the girl I was "seeing."(We were sort of hanging out, not really dating) Anyway, this girl reminded me of that time and I thought maybe she was the same girl from before. I thought about asking her out, however, I felt unconfortable because I was at work. I feel like I need to stay professional, eventhough I wanted to ask her out. If this was school, there would be no problem. I would have easily asked her out. Now, I feel like I messed up and should have asked her out, screw work right? There is no policy that says I can't ask someone out quickly even on the job. It wasn't busy at the time. I feel like I had a really good chance, plus I got the feeling that she was into me(of course I'm probably wrong. My intuition is always wrong). Then I did a questionable thing with no current concinquences. I copyed her phone number from her account. Now, I'm pretty sure that I'm not supposed to have done this, but I have not done anything with this information and I could have just as easily destroy it. At this rate I'm relatively positive that this is the right number. Here in lies the problem. Should I call her? Is this technically ethical? Or perhaps she will be like, "How did you get this number?" You see, somethin felt different when I was helping her that day. Like I felt more comfortable around her then most women. I felt like I could have asked her out easily, and I almost did. I just don't want to seem like "creepy clerk guy." I was thinkin that maybe it would be best to hope she comes in again, as she most likly will. Although, that's gonna make things a bit suspence full and difficult. I know that I can find a way to keep myself from going bonkers. So, what do you peeps think?

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude , do not call her using that number.

As for "suspense" , just go FTOW.

usdaprime

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah DON"T call her if she didn't give you her number. I dig Courteney Cox do you think if I could find out her number it would be ok to call her.

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exsplain your self

I realise that the best course of action would be just to wait this thing out. I thank those of you who have replied or voted. I do see that a couple of you have voted that I should call her. This was actually suprising to me. If you were serious when you chose that, could you exsplain why you thought that was the best course of action? I mean, under certain circumstances I would call, if under an extreem emotional connection. But, at this point, it does seem like I can't really trust my emotional side, so I'm mostly relying on my intellectual and spiritual side. Anyway, thanks again for your input.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't call her.

Next time you see her, slip her a business card and tell her to write down her email adress. Doesn't put either of you on the spot. If she has any interest, she should have no problem giving it out and responding to your emails.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You seem very desperate talking about "extreme emotional connections" with some chick checking out a movie. I think you may BE the creepy storeclerk.

Chill yourself, you let the moment pass...Its gone. Wait for another. It obviously taught you carpe diem...

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DankNuggs
You seem very desperate talking about "extreme emotional connections" with some chick checking out a movie. I think you may BE the creepy storeclerk.

Chill yourself, you let the moment pass...Its gone. Wait for another. It obviously taught you carpe diem...
I actually never said that I did have "extreme emotional feeling." But thanks for your advice, anyway. I have almost made my final decision.

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whew

Ok, well this is over with now. Everything has been resolved and now I can move on. Thanks for all of you who have givin advice and I can say that I have learned from this. So, yay for me! Now maybe I can listen and learn more. At least I'm not a pathetic guy.

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lighten up on this guy.....he is a newbie. He shall learn the ways like we all have or have too.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gangster Of Love
Don't call her.

Next time you see her, slip her a business card and tell her to write down her email adress. Doesn't put either of you on the spot. If she has any interest, she should have no problem giving it out and responding to your emails.
I'm going to kill someone soon if I don't see the email suggestions stop like NOW.............

the only time email or IM (instant messaging) is ok is if you are allready doing stuff with a chick and you use it to communicate when you're not together not to friggin pick them up.

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah!

Originally posted by Legend
lighten up on this guy.....he is a newbie. He shall learn the ways like we all have or have too.
Hey, thanks. I'm just a very inexperienced person. Sure, I have spent most of my life afraid and alone, but no longer. I am finally ready to start dating, yet I feel confident and confortable being single. I certainly don't need a woman in my life to he happy, though It would be nice to have a relationship(it's not nessisary). Thanks again!

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
I'm going to kill someone soon if I don't see the email suggestions stop like NOW.............

the only time email or IM (instant messaging) is ok is if you are allready doing stuff with a chick and you use it to communicate when you're not together not to friggin pick them up.
Yeah I agree with that.

Update:
Ok, look this is going to make me look like a major AFC, but I did call her and she didn't seem freaked out at all. She said that she didn't think it was a good idea to go out on a "date" because we didn't know each other well. It was like a light bulb came on. Then I paniced and cut off the conversation and said buy and then hung up. Then, in hind sight, I just realised that I made a BIG mistake. I think she would have liked to hang out at least to get to know me. She said that maybe she'd see me around and I guess I thought she was talking to someone else. I did say ok, then bye, so maybe that wasn't so bad? I got confuesed and thats why I messed up. I guess I let myself get emotional and I screwed up. I feel terrible now. I guess I should have said let's be friends then and see where it goes. I think I sort of acted like a jerk and I don't want to end things before then start. So, I figure that I should call her back, maybe tomarrow(once things have cooled down). I can exsplain what happend and I know I can fix this. I mean she seems like an understanding person, since she didn't seem me as a freak(hopefully still is true). Damn, I didn't realise I still had some fear that I had to deal with. I just hope I didn't screw this up royaly.

Update:
Ok, I know what I'll do. I'll just wait a day or two and then call her back and see if she just wants to hang out or somethin.

Last edited:
Reaction score
dude - y ask for advice and not take the instruction that was given to u by multiple dj's??

next time u stalk somebody - u should just get her address and make yourself available in the general area of her residence and accidentally / coincedentally bump into her (non-physically - of course) - the phone call without her implicit or explicit consent is a major blunder!!

she is probably changing her number right now and she could get u fired for what u did.

Reaction score
if she wants to see u - she'll drop by your store - do not do not do not do not call her again.

Reaction score
See what happens when you are nice to the newbies?

These guys need a dose of tough love.

So listen up you little whiny piece of shyt, and listen good!

NEVER..EVER call a girl who didnt give you her number yourself. This is a terrible move that puts you way below AFC status. You are totally creepy dude.

Your desperation makes me want to vomit in rage.

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DO NOT CALL HER AGAIN.

If she want's to see you, she knows where to find you.

Read the bible!

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
????

What so now you insult me? I may be a newb, but that doesn't mean I don't know what I am doing. I took such a big risk because I had all the facts and you didn't. Hmm, just because I don't do things your way doesn't mean they are wrong! I did listen to my advice and I was going to do what you all sugested. However, my co-worker's advice was more valuable to me because I know him better. I gave into my emotional side, however, it was not in error. I almost wish I did not ask for your opinions. Do not forget, that I do not need to do what you say. Your roles were in advisory and I aprecated your advice. I did know what I was doing and things did not end badly. It would appear as that we shall create a friendship and we can see where it goes. She was NOT creeped out and showed an intrest to hang out. Maybe your should remember that just becuase it is written does not make it so. I have read some of the DJ Bible and I will admit that I did not read the whole thing. This was a special case in which I got the feeling she would not mind being called and as such it turns out that she has her own phone number. I left mine so that it would make me appear as if I was not being to agressive. She was givin the choise weather to call be back and she did. That shows that she has some interest, just not at the same level as me. That matters not, for I will still see where this goes. I have had many rejections in my life and I know how to handle my life. My meathods may not always be orthodox, but however they do give me the best results. I am not saying that I'm right and your not. I am just saying that I know me and my situation better then you. Hmm, perhaps coming here could have been in error. I hopen not. I thought that we were not judged here. I thought we were treated with respect. But, I see that I am wrong. Maybe if you stopped being so close minded and concidered that there might be other ways that work too. Ah, I grow tired. And I apologize if you do not approve of me. To each is own and a bid you all a good night.

Reaction score
dude - we r not judging your life - we r just stating a universal law - do not call a girl unless she or a friend of hers says she wants u to call her - or as i said b 4 - look up her address and see if u can bump into her - however if u think u'll never see her again and u r planning to quit your job then thats a different story - she''ll visit u at the store now that she knows u r interested - so lay back and chill - if she really really really was interested she would have made plans with u - u should have stated that u have access to all of blockbuster's videos and that she is welcome to view any of them free of charge - of course only if you accompany her and she buys the popcorn :)

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DOh

Well, I finally realised that I was wrong. Surfice to say, I think I have issues that I must work out before I try this again. And, I guess I was just listining too much to my emotional side. For now on, I won't do that again. I must take myself out of the game for a while, so I can deal with my irrational fear(s) that remain. I need a break anyway. However, I do realise I'm just not ready at this point. I'll go back to waiting and see if I can tell when a woman is interested in me. But, I have to learn how not to panic and keep my cool. I know how to do this, but I fail to in some situations. I may be a fool, but that's because I used to call myself a "hopeless romantic." I do realise this to be a negitive lable and that I think is the cause of most of my issues. At any rate, I know not to call regardless of why my intuition says(it's always been wrong, so I should have learned to stop trusting it). And, for now on, I will be making decisions based on my brain not my heart. Yay! So, now things are starting to look up. I guess I was just blinded by my romantic dreams and I was not able to see the truth. I bet that sounds familar to some. Anyway, I'm sorry I didn't listen to you guys in the first place. After all, my plans and tactics have always failed me. I'm quite sure you know much more then I do and I plan on reading the whole bibe now, or at least what I need/haven't read yet. Thanks again!

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
u should have stated that u have access to all of blockbuster's videos and that she is welcome to view any of them free of charge - of course only if you accompany her and she buys the popcorn :)
Actually, I don't have access to all BlockBusters. :)