is this online profile any good?

DiskJockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi All.
My online profile =
I recently moved to Perth and am looking for new friends. You may think its lame or "not cool" to look for friends via the Internet but don't worry I am making friends the old fasion way aswell. It's just I might be able to make allot of quality friends this way because I can get a good idea if your cool or not in about 30 seconds just by looking at your profile.

I messaged about 12 women saying "Hi how was your weekend" but none replied. And I have a good picture.
I might have to change that message

What do you reckon?

zzeitgeist

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats horrible...

Just replace all that with "Hi :)" and you got yourself 10x better message.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely change it. Don't tell women about your current situation, the honest truth is that most women are looking to expand their popularity and they're not going to do it with someone who is new to the town, unless you possess some magical aura when you're walking down the streets but people aren't going to message you to be their friends with the info you've provided. In my online profiles I like to be blunt, tell them a tiny bit about me while making them guess the type of person I am. Men often make the mistake of telling anyone too much about their selves...what happens when you suck out all the sugar from a slurpee? It becomes ice and is usually discarded. For my profile I wanted to be different and clever, like one time I wrote a bunch of lines almost as if they were written by someone like:

"He's seen around southern california. Catch him at the park because he likes to play basketball. If you're ever around an asian joint, he might there because he loves asian food. When I met him, he was a cool chill guy..."

etc. As for your message, I've tried online dating and it didn't work. The couple of dates I did get weren't very good looking and it took a bit to get them off my nuts. You would usually get one reply every ten messages but then there's also a good chance that those that do reply won't send you a second message, though I haven't really received any solid advice about online dating so maybe I'm not doing it right. I incorporated this one line that David DeAngelo taught in one of his seminars to disarm the target by saying "Oh you would make such a great friend". It looks like you're not interested in dating which would soften her alarms, but when she does become interested, the would part meant you were still open to becoming a partner. Most of my copy and pasted messages were "Hey, just looking around, saw your profile and thought you would make a great friend, whats up?" I usually added more but that was what I generally sent. Actually, my first wave of messages when I tried online dating were "Hey whats up reply back or you'll be missing out." At the time I was still absorbed in David DeAngelo's fake sh1t. I actually got some HB8's to reply back but when I got to know them, they were craaaaaaaaazy b1tches.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DiskJockey said:
Hi All.
My online profile =
I recently moved to Perth and am looking for new friends. You may think its lame or "not cool" to look for friends via the Internet but don't worry I am making friends the old fasion way aswell. It's just I might be able to make allot of quality friends this way because I can get a good idea if your cool or not in about 30 seconds just by looking at your profile.

I messaged about 12 women saying "Hi how was your weekend" but none replied. And I have a good picture.

What do you reckon?
In the sentence I highlighted where you said "you may think it's lame etc" what you were really saying is "I hope you don't think(because I'm worried about what you think) I'm uncool or lame trying to make some friends off the internet". You should not care what they think.

Just say something like you're looking to meet people for friendship or maybe more.

The "hi how was your weekend" line is used by every man sending messages to those women and it's boring. Read their profiles and talk about something they like.

DiskJockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
War Against Betaism said:
Definitely change it. Don't tell women about your current situation, the honest truth is that most women are looking to expand their popularity and they're not going to do it with someone who is new to the town, unless you possess some magical aura when you're walking down the streets but people aren't going to message you to be their friends with the info you've provided. In my online profiles I like to be blunt, tell them a tiny bit about me while making them guess the type of person I am. Men often make the mistake of telling anyone too much about their selves...what happens when you suck out all the sugar from a slurpee? It becomes ice and is usually discarded. For my profile I wanted to be different and clever, like one time I wrote a bunch of lines almost as if they were written by someone like:

"He's seen around southern california. Catch him at the park because he likes to play basketball. If you're ever around an asian joint, he might there because he loves asian food. When I met him, he was a cool chill guy..."

etc. As for your message, I've tried online dating and it didn't work. The couple of dates I did get weren't very good looking and it took a bit to get them off my nuts. You would usually get one reply every ten messages but then there's also a good chance that those that do reply won't send you a second message, though I haven't really received any solid advice about online dating so maybe I'm not doing it right. I incorporated this one line that David DeAngelo taught in one of his seminars to disarm the target by saying "Oh you would make such a great friend". It looks like you're not interested in dating which would soften her alarms, but when she does become interested, the would part meant you were still open to becoming a partner. Most of my copy and pasted messages were "Hey, just looking around, saw your profile and thought you would make a great friend, whats up?" I usually added more but that was what I generally sent. Actually, my first wave of messages when I tried online dating were "Hey whats up reply back or you'll be missing out." At the time I was still absorbed in David DeAngelo's fake sh1t. I actually got some HB8's to reply back but when I got to know them, they were craaaaaaaaazy b1tches.
Yeah I see what you guys are saying now, Thanks Ill change it,
Chicks are crazy. Heh I used to be into David D aswell but now I have this theory that the more a chick likes the "****y / arrogant / bad boy" type the more mentally unfit she is, just a theory. I can be a nice guy and get hot chicks (over 25's) aslong as your not a wuss.. (thats good advice).

DiskJockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
In the sentence I highlighted where you said "you may think it's lame etc" what you were really saying is "I hope you don't think(because I'm worried about what you think) I'm uncool or lame trying to make some friends off the internet". You should not care what they think..
Heh **** your right (sadly its a little bit true aswell). Talking in real life is almost easier you dont have to be so specific about what you say, more how you say it... This online stuff is actually quite allot of work especially if you dont use generic messages.

The "hi how was your weekend" line is used by every man sending messages to those women and it's boring. Read their profiles and talk about something they like.
True. I can't think of (nor have read any decent generic intro messages to spam out though) prolly best to make individual ones but then its time consuming.

DiskJockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like fast cars (especially turbo ones), Mixing Dark / Heavyweight / Fast / Jump up Klown Step wobble Drum and Bass, Computer games, Playful Girly's with a nice Face / Boobies / Bottom, the Gym, Surfing, Basketball & a lil bit of Alcajamahol.
I Hate Arrogant people especially girls that are at the clubs going "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" and the guys & girls that are all "like, like, you know like what ever ma shizzle on the bizzle inside the triznit for some BIZNITALYBOTTOLYBITALLYBONG". While there "TOTALLY PIMPING their online dating profile with some shizzling badizzling BLING BLING". hehehehe And watching Big Brother and masterbating to Dawsons creek or the OC or something. Infact if you watch any of those shows please dont message me.

Thats better yeah?

get1

Don Juan
Reaction score
mate, my advice for a profile is don't try to be too cheesy or don't look like you are trying to prove yourself to people. Short, clean, concise is best. Be a mystery. Don't look like you're trying. I'd keep it simple clean, fill in the relevant sections. Say under interests say something like you enjoy random adventures, travel, fashion, clubs. etc etc. much better than the above imo.

and a quality picture and social proof from other people..

DiskJockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
get1 said:
mate, my advice for a profile is don't try to be too cheesy or don't look like you are trying to prove yourself to people. Short, clean, concise is best. Be a mystery. Don't look like you're trying. I'd keep it simple clean, fill in the relevant sections. Say under interests say something like you enjoy random adventures, travel, fashion, clubs. etc etc. much better than the above imo.

and a quality picture and social proof from other people..
Thanks man.. You don't like the one above.. I was drunk & now reading it when Im...... Drunk I still think its pretty funny... Maybe take a few sections out.... but yeah, prolly better then my first :)

DiskJockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
DiskJockey said:
I like fast cars (especially turbo ones), Mixing Dark / Heavyweight / Fast / Jump up Klown Step wobble Drum and Bass, Computer games, Playful Girly's with a nice Face / Boobies / Bottom, the Gym, Surfing, Basketball & a lil bit of Alcajamahol.
I Hate Arrogant people especially girls that are at the clubs going "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" and the guys & girls that are all "like, like, you know like what ever ma shizzle on the bizzle inside the triznit for some BIZNITALYBOTTOLYBITALLYBONG". While there "TOTALLY PIMPING their online dating profile with some shizzling badizzling BLING BLING". hehehehe And watching Big Brother and masterbating to Dawsons creek or the OC or something. Infact if you watch any of those shows please dont message me.

Thats better yeah?
HAHAHAHAAHHA I Reckon thats the best profile anyone could possibly make.

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't use negative words like "lame" or "not cool" in your profile even if you are joking. Women will just see the negative. I read an article once about this, a woman was critiquing men's profiles. She gave an example of a guy whose headline said: "Workout freak plus computer geek = oxymoron" and she said all she saw were the words geek, freak, and moron! Avoid any negative connotations.

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DiskJockey said:
Hi All.
My online profile =

What do you reckon?
Dude seriously you are wasting WAY too much time with this online thing. This is not the ancient times when pubs and night clubs and coffee shops were just a figment of imagination. I'd suggest you get into the real world.

Last edited: