"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Is this natural.....

zen511

Don Juan
Joined
May 12, 2002
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Currently, my gf of one year is at the phish festival in coventry vermont.... Now im not woried about there being other guys that she is going up with since they are just friends thru other friends.... Sure there is allways a chance or possibility of something going arry but im coffident enough that she would not have a moment of weakness..

My real issue is that I am against her taking any form of drugs hasher than weed... Now I made my worrys clear to her and I dont know if she will abide by my wishes... Now you guys in this case if you told your gf you dont feel comfortable with taking lets uses shrooms as an example in this case (since no guy wants their girl eating something that grows from ****) and she winds up doing it anyways how would you react.... This is what is making me more worried or upset more than her being in a lawless enviorment with random guys for 6 straight days, its what I might have to do if she comes back and tells me what she did even though I dont agree with it (and we have a honnesty with one another that even if it pisses each other off we have told one another the truth so I am sure to find out)... Welp im probably babling on since my nerves here are making me sick, just wondering what you guys and gals might do in my situation...
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

seattlesingle

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 26, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Seattle
this happened to my when i told my swimfan ex not to do coke. i caught her doing a line. and i ended it. if she don't respect your wishes how will she respect you. what is a phish festival? it sounds familiar.
 

zen511

Don Juan
Joined
May 12, 2002
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Phish Festival is the 2 day concert of the band phish its going on in coventry VT right now..

I actually spoke to her on the phone a hour ago and in conversation she told me she did shrooms but wouldnt allow herself to do X since she knows my wishes.. now personally I dont know what to do, I dont want to look weak and just let this pass over but I dont want to throw away a one year+ relationship over what could be honnest peer pressure since she was honnest and told me she did do it.... Any takers in this dilema
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Location
California
It is my personal opinion that psychadelic drugs are, very generally speaking, not bad things. Psylocibic mushrooms and other similar hallucinogenics are simply not in the same category as things like cocaine, heroin, meth, etc. If you're worried about her taking shrooms, all I can say is... if she's prepared for what she will experience, there is nothing for you to worry about. Mushrooms are harmless if taken by someone of a happy, healthy, sound mind.

www.erowid.org

:D
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
Originally posted by Six-String Samurai
It is my personal opinion that psychadelic drugs are, very generally speaking, not bad things. Psylocibic mushrooms and other similar hallucinogenics are simply not in the same category as things like cocaine, heroin, meth, etc. If you're worried about her taking shrooms, all I can say is... if she's prepared for what she will experience, there is nothing for you to worry about. Mushrooms are harmless if taken by someone of a happy, healthy, sound mind.

www.erowid.org

:D
I agree, and I highly suggest you check out that link. You should really find out the facts about substances before forbidding your girlfriend from using them.
 

zen511

Don Juan
Joined
May 12, 2002
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Oh I was very informed of the effects of such drugs... After all I will be entering Cornell Medical School this fall... My main worry and fear, came from the surroundings.... Who knows if these mushrooms are infected or moldy... which any shroom grower will say to dispose of moldy or compromised shrooms, but who cares if the case is to sell them by thousands. As far as X is concerned in this case, you are outside for 6 days staight sleeping in tents and dealing with summer heat, to begin with there is fatigue and dehydration which occrus from such a drug not to mention the depression which sets in for the consequent days...

I myself am not a hypocrite about thing, I have experienced these drugs myself as she has before, it was simply my request to her given the surroundings she would put in and the consequences of these actions. Now to all of you gentleman and ladies what would you do if your mate went against your wishes on a issue like this after being informed why you did not want them to put themselves in such a situation given the surroundings.
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Originally posted by zen511
My real issue is that I am against her taking any form of drugs hasher than weed... Now I made my worrys clear to her and I dont know if she will abide by my wishes... Now you guys in this case if you told your gf you dont feel comfortable with taking lets uses shrooms as an example in this case (since no guy wants their girl eating something that grows from ****)
You seem to be contradicting yourself a bit here. You certainly did not express your current viewpoint in your first post. Just a nitpick, and I'll let it drop, but still... :rolleyes:
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Here's the deal:

-You can give her advice on what to "do" and what not to "do", but in the end, she's going to take whatever drugs she's decided she wants to experiment with. You can't stop her. Otherwise you're "controlling" and "possessive."

-If a girl is experimenting with drugs and you're not into the same drug scene, you're probably better off without her. This is one of those cases, I'm sure, where "she's the perfect girl, except for __________" fill in the blank, it's different for everyone. If what goes in that blank is something you can deal with, then you're fine. If it's NOT, if it's something like drug abuse or some other kind of pathology, grow a pair and drop her. It's not like there aren't other good women out there. ;)
 
Top