Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is this how most people spend their 20s?

Yam_Naem_Kluk

Don Juan
Reaction score
I already felt bad about wasting my 20s and early 30s (from 24-32) in a failing relationship but a recent thread on a website similar to this has made me feel far worse. The thread was about bucket list travel experiences and responses were just so far from how I spent my 20s that I feel terrible for wasting my youth. Here is one example of all the things just one guy on that forum did while in his prime:

"Koh Phangan in Thailand for the Full Moon Party
Ios and Mykonos in the Greek islands during the European summer. Ios for backpacker partying, Mykonos for higher end girls
Ibiza in the European summer for loads of drugs and great DJs
Cancun for American spring break for the sluttiest environment I've ever experienced. Just incredible fun, its impossible not to get laid every day if you're in decent shape with game
Oktoberfest in Munich for general massive partying / unique vibe (and easy tourists)
King's Day in Amsterdam for general massive partying / unique vibe (and easy tourists/locals)
Paddies day in Boston for general massive partying and slutty Americans
Saturday night Sparties in Budapest in the thermal baths there in summertime, the closest thing I've experienced to Spring Break sluttiness in Europe."

Is this how most guys spent their 20s and 30s? If it is, then ****ing hell, life was wasted on me.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I spent my 20s establishing and building my first career. I spent my 30s establishing and building my second career. If I had it to do over again I would have still done those same things, but I also would have traveled more like you said. Especially in my 30s. You have to have money to travel though. All of these young kids in their early 20s who are traveling and not working, not sure how they are doing that. Mommy and daddy? Not sure.. OP, you are 31 so you still got LOTS of time to do the traveling you want. I would kill to be 31 again!

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Koh Phangan in Thailand for the Full Moon Party
Ios and Mykonos in the Greek islands during the European summer. Ios for backpacker partying, Mykonos for higher end girls
Ibiza in the European summer for loads of drugs and great DJs
Cancun for American spring break for the sluttiest environment I've ever experienced. Just incredible fun, its impossible not to get laid every day if you're in decent shape with game
Oktoberfest in Munich for general massive partying / unique vibe (and easy tourists)
King's Day in Amsterdam for general massive partying / unique vibe (and easy tourists/locals)
Saturday night Sparties in Budapest in the thermal baths there in summertime, the closest thing I've experienced to Spring Break sluttiness in Europe."
I like that list! :devil::cool:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very few can afford to travel that much in their 20s unless they have rich parents or skipped college and starting making a lot early on. Seriously, overseas travelling can be ludicrously expensive.

I plan on spending most of my 30s travelling. Already have 3 trips planned this summer in Europe. Living your life for careers, status, relationships/family, is an abysmal waste.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sucks, but try not to focus on it. There will always be someone better, richer, getting more pu5sy than you. And even if you're on top, you're paranoid about losing status.

Try to focus on the present and the future, and what you can control.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gras is always greener.

dudes that do that in their twenties fret about needing to catch up later.

dudes that don't wish they had.

Stop focusing on what you don't have / didn't do, and focus on what you do have and can do.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very few can afford to travel that much in their 20s unless they have rich parents or skipped college and starting making a lot early on. Seriously, overseas travelling can be ludicrously expensive.

I plan on spending most of my 30s travelling. Already have 3 trips planned this summer in Europe. Living your life for careers, status, relationships/family, is an abysmal waste.
I've been wanting to take an extended European vacation for years. I can finally afford it... At age 34.

BuckledWheel

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is not new. Women who missed their party years constantly complain about it. I spent all of my 20’s & late 30’s in the Army. Seen the world & met a few chicks on the way. It wasn’t all parties thats for sure. Concentrate on the now & the future. Make plans my friend.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Is this how most guys spent their 20s and 30s? If it is, then ****ing hell, life was wasted on me.
Most men do not do all of the things that were listed in the original post.

I left Cancun and Boston in the quote above to make a point. Most of the guys who end up going to a wild spring break destination end up coming back disappointed. There have been plenty of men who did a Mexico/South Texas/Florida beach/Lake Havasu spring break and didn't get the casual pusssy that they expect to get from showing up there. That's not surprising. Think about most Friday and Saturday nights in most U.S. cities on the bar scene. Closing time hits and most men are buzzed/drunk and not slamming any vagina. That's a waste. A lot of these big, hyped events are actually a tremendous disappointment for the majority of men.

Boston is not the only U.S. city with a big St. Patrick's Day celebration. Multiple U.S. cities have them and they are mostly shiitshows that leave most men disappointed with not slamming some vag. Some U.S. cities have big Cinco de Mayo celebrations, which is essentially the Mexican St. Patrick's Day. There are U.S. cities with big parties on both St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo. Both of those days have been reduced to occasions to mainly get intoxicated. More men get intoxicated than laid on those days.

Al that stuff is vapid meaningless crap that doesn't do much for long term happiness.
So true, even if you do get laid on Spring Break, St. Patrick's Day, or Cinco de Mayo.