Is this guy interested in me? I can't tell!

jeney123

Reaction score
I have a mad crush on one of my classmates at law school, but I can't tell if he's interested at all. And because I am crushing on him, I am biased and think that everything he does means something. I need an objective view!

Encounter 1: I was alone at a party, and he comes up to introduce himself. We chatted for a bit, but because I was feeling anti-social that night, the convo quickly ended.
Encounter 2: One week later, I go to a social event, and I see him again, but can barely remember him. He comes up to me and asks how my first week of classes went. We again chat for a bit.
Encounter 3: Saw him at a Halloween party. He was dressed up as a condom dispenser (!!), and was selling raffle tickets. I said I'd like to buy 5, and gave him some money.

Him: hey you gave me $6 (it's $1 each)
Me: oh, i'm sorry
Him: well, is that $1 for tip? or maybe you'd like to buy a condom?
Me: *unable to think of a witty comeback and so laughs like an idiot*

I can't tell. Was he being flirty? But if he were interested, I think he'd ask for my number by now, no? What do you think? Is he interested in me?

P.S. After that brief exchange at the halloween party, he didn't approach me again. But then again, I was always surrounded by a bunch of friends...

Ztr1der

Don Juan
Reaction score
to me it would actually seem you werent interested so i would put you to the side as a friend tbh :)

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're a girl. All you have to do is look attractive and show some vague signs of interest and if he's legit he'll do the rest...

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't think this is the right place to be asking this, assuming you really do go to law school, you're at least over 21, the majority of users on this board are not even legal yet. And not many people here are capable of giving out advice to other men, let alone a woman.

Brighty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm. I guess the best way to approach this is to pretend I'm the guy and what I would do. Hope this helps:

If I approach the same girl at two separate parties, on one hand it could mean that I'm interested, but on the other it could mean that I'm just being social. Is this guy the type of guy who goes and chats up everyone at a party? Or is he the kind of guy that just goes with the flow?

However, if a girl is alone at a party and I go up and approach her and I don't know her, I only do that to a girl that I'm attracted to and interested in. Since I got the vibe you didn't want to talk (not your fault, again its from my perspective, you were feeling anti-social that night) I decided to go elsewhere. You made enough of an impression on me that I ended up approaching you again at another party and we talked for a bit. For whatever reason, we didn't see each other until the Halloween party, and I was being a little flirty by asking if you wanted to buy a condom, but you just laughing and avoiding the question kind of came across as a nervous laugh that dismissed the question.

Then again, this was like 3 months ago, what have you been doing all this time? Playing the "sneak a glance at him when he's not looking" game? Have you been talking? Not talking? Well whatever, the beauty about this is that with girls - if a guy doesn't make a move within a set amount of time, they either classify him as insecure or write him off as a friend, but with guys - you can leave a guy cold turkey and then start showing interest in him again and he'll be back into it, as long as he doesn't have a girlfriend. Also, I'm getting the vibe that he's shy, at least around you, which may be slightly your fault because of the things I listed in the "from my perspective" part of the post, but don't sweat it just pretend nothing has happened and don't be afraid to take a little initiative - he already likes you, its okay. I think the most important thing here is determining what has happened recently between you two, if anything.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you hot? Is he handsome? If there is any difference to the respective questions then he's not interested.