"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Is this girl worth pursuing?

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
The girl is a friend of a friend, I've "known" her for at least four years. But we're not even at friends stage. Probably because of me being antisocial and AFC in the beginning. She's the kind of person I'd just greet and talk to about non-substantial stuff. Since I've no time for active female pimping, I'd like to take advantage of this obvious opportunity. Lately i've been giving her long glimpses in the eyes and talking to her trying to be C+F. Problem is that I can't establish good C+F vibes, because I just don't know enough about her and the fact that she's got very weak personality. This girl is a HB8, beautiful body, talented artist, good family, good morals, with a huge self-esteem problem (she's Russian if that gives her any credit). Because of that (or at least I rationalize so) I can't seem to establish good convo with her to get to the good C+F and further. Should I just go for the # close? I've been marinating this issue for a while now so I'd like to put an end to it. She's not my only prospect, but she's the most favorable. Get this, her ex-BF is one of those constantly depressed AFCs and was emotionally abusive to her. And he's now "friends" with her, hanging around her all the time feeling sorry. That actually goes for most of her guy friends, they're pretty much all like that. I'd really like to try something with this girl at least a ONS. Should I carry on as I planned and in your opinion is this girl trouble?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
545
Reaction score
14
First things first. They are all AFC, thats good for you. Show your DJ qualities. You must first get to know her in order to become familiar and then you can joke with her. Talk to her about anything, and be more interested in sharing an opinion than having to toss out some one line joke. Just dont worry about it show her that you offer a fun time without any threat of turning her into an emotional tampoon. This is all you must really do.

-Grey Fox
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Seems like you'd been on this site for a while. Hopefully you've some of the stuff down pat.

Anyways, you don't always gotta be ****y funny. Hell, I'm not ****y funny all the time around girls. I just make funny comments when I see an opportunity. Trust me on this...a friend of mine just says crazy stuff to get off. But after a few days, people are just like, "man stfu."

So just flirt with her and do the eye contact thing. Don't supplicate to her needs and what she wants you to do. Be the MAN. And you're the prize...hell you know that already man, cuz all those other guys are AFCs. Or..."nice"guys wanting to hang around long enough until she feels sorry for them to give them some tang.

You've got this if you just avoid the emotional tampon trap Grey Fox has so eloquently pointed out. If she starts getting all depressed, just grab her hand and say, "hey. . . rule one. People only have fun when they get to hang out with me." Say it kinda ****y but jokingly to loosen her up, yet it creates a funfactor about you and a male protector image.

Hell...that's a good line. I'm gonna go use it.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Originally posted by Life-Trainee
The girl is a friend of a friend, I've "known" her for at least four years.
Ask her out already - you have a four year rapport with her and you are still hesitating?????? The hell with C&F and more stalling!!

Pop the question - not the marriage one :rolleyes:!! Are you going to be in "training" all of your young life!! Don't be scared - she'll take it as a compliment no matter what her response.

Don't be crushed if she says no!! You'lll feel better about yourself for asking and knowing then never knowing at all and seeing some drug-addict on her arm two months later!!

Do it NOW!!!
 

McEwan

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Scotland
Well said, PuertoRican.

Back when I was still a grade-1 AFC, this girl was living across the road from me. Dang, she was fine.

We were friends, but I never got the courage to ask her out.

She moved out for a couple of years, but she's back in town.
Transpires she started going out with some real scum, the kind of guys who have no probs beating up other guys for no reason, let alone girls. She now has a few weans to these guys.

So for their sake, and your own, Take the Plunge! Be the man of their dreams!
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
431
Reaction score
1
Ask her out for a coffee or something very simple - qualify her first, and have her feel more comfortable with you.
Good luck!
 

Dherios

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
My opinion? Use her to experiment and paractise. Don't expect things to go too well. Usually things do not work with women you know for a long time.
 

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
I'm very reluctant. I don't have a car and probably won't for another half a year. She lives 45 miles from my place. The only time I see her is when my circle of friends and her chill together (which is couple of times a month). And as I've mentioned before, I really lose my "game" when I'm with my old friends because they have over the top personalities and I just can't compete with them in social interactions. They all got GFs but their personalities overshadow mine especially when I'm still recovering. I'm contemplating putting this on a backburner until I have independant means of transportation. That's the problem with all of my prospects. I live in the center of the city and most hot girls that i know live in the suburbs. I guess I just answered my own question here.
 
Top