"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Is this girl really worth pursuing??

GReddyAtenza

New Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
First time poster....

Ok, so here's the deal. Im a second year in college (this comming school year) and im really really attracted to this girl. But me and her have history; i bassically grew up with her and i have been good friends with her with a long time. Our families are really close too. Our friendship has only become stronger since i got to college. I flirt with her constantly and she does the same preety much. But then again, she drops hints ocasionally that she's not into the whole relationship deal and what not. She's 20 and im 19. We both are also indian, if that makes any difference. Im afraid to ask her out cause it would **** up the friendship, she might think its wierd, and what not. But then again, she sometimes mentions how cool nice and decent guys are, and i fit that description. So iono, im confused on what to do.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
12
First of all, you seem to have a case of oneitis, and you need to clear your head. This girl is not your only option, don't focus on her this much.

This girl is obviously used to having you as a friend, so if you approach her now, she may still see that friend side of you, and turn you down. Right now you've fallen for her, to make this work, she has to be the one falling for you.

What I would do in your scenario is hook up with some other girl(s) at school, and keep this girl as a friend for now. Be friendly, act as if nothing changed, go to her when you're having problems with your gf, etc. Make her your emotional tampon. You can also use her to make the other girl #2 jealous.

Even if she sees you as only a friend now, she will completly change her perspective once you introduce female competition into her life. She will start seeing a different side of you when you're with the other girl then when you're with her. She will start wondering what you see in that other girl that you don't see in her. Once that starts happening, she will be the one having oneitis, and she will be pursuing you more aggressively. She will want to spend more time with you, and will be a lot more interested then she is now. Don't give in all the way. Make her work for your time, and give her attention little by little.
 

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Originally posted by GReddyAtenza
First time poster....

Ok, so here's the deal. Im a second year in college (this comming school year) and im really really attracted to this girl. But me and her have history; i bassically grew up with her and i have been good friends with her with a long time. Our families are really close too. Our friendship has only become stronger since i got to college. I flirt with her constantly and she does the same preety much. But then again, she drops hints ocasionally that she's not into the whole relationship deal and what not. She's 20 and im 19. We both are also indian, if that makes any difference. Im afraid to ask her out cause it would **** up the friendship, she might think its wierd, and what not. But then again, she sometimes mentions how cool nice and decent guys are, and i fit that description. So iono, im confused on what to do.
Don't indians have arranged marrages in the homeland? Regardless, it sounds as if your obessing over this girl too much. Find some others and clear your head. Do you touch this girl alot in a friendly manner? You honestly have to give more information for us to give you a good idea of what your facing.
 

tiburon

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
458
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
MIAMI & NEW YORK
I just read your subject title and....

THE moment you start pursuing a girl the moment she starts loosing interest in you ....take that as simple advice!
 

GReddyAtenza

New Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
im not soley fixated on her, thats not the case..and i haven't pursued ANYTHING with her yet, other than our existing friendship. I was just wondering if it was worth doing anything more with her. The only touching we do is hugging and stuff, so thats about it. Yeah there are other girls...im working on that right now as well..
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top