Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is this flirting?

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend of a year and a few months, was just in the car with me and she called a guy that works at the same company asking if he can cover her shift tomorrow so we can hang out. First thing she says when he picks up the phone is "Hey geek" in a sort of joking way. Rest of it was just pretty quick and normal.

This guy has asked her to hang out before while he had a girlfriend and knew that she had a boyfriend, but she never did. She says he doens't do it anymore. I just want an outside opinion on whether you guys think this is flirting or not. I didn't say anything since I don't like overreacting before giving things more thought. "hey geek" friendly or flirty? Thanks

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like overreacting
I think your post IS an overreaction. You're asking people here who have never met you or your gf whether or not she was flirting or just being friendly by calling a guy a "geek" on the phone(in a playful way). In my opinion, that's a sure fire sign of extreme jealousy and you need to let it go.

I understand he tried to ask her out knowing she was with you, but he isn't going to change her mind for her, she will do this all on her own. Your jealousy could make it a reality. Seriously, her comment isn't worth wasting your energy on.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also had a similar situation.

This chick was walking by the street with me, and she eye contacted this random dude, then she stopped him, and asked him for the time. Do you think thats flirty or friendly?

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha

damn, thanx for the replies. Yeah, I feel you guys, it's just that she usually flirts with me by calling me a "geek" or some dorky names like that, and now that she uses it on somebody else I guess it just lost a little bit of a meaning to me. I haven't said anything so I'm kool. And the last response, I dunno man, didn't you have a watch on you? Did she eye him up and down or something, how was the body language? Did it keep occuring (fishy behavior) I hope not. Are you still with her or was this a while back with some "not so iportant" chick?

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It means nothing, dude - stop reading into this. When and if you do happen to hang out with this coworker you think she's flirting with - watch the body language/especially the eyes.