Is this an invitation ?

Reaction score
It just dawned on me the likely reason she did what she did based on blueblue's comments.

I was in past relationships where the woman would always hold out on what you wanted (whether it's an activity, sex, ice cream, whatever etc.) until she gets what she wants, and what this one wants is to move back to Arizona and practice her profession there. She's been hinting that to me almost since the first hello.

So she sees I want something (followup date), says no with an excuse but plays both sides in the email to tow the line with me saying the suggestions I made for date 2 sound great because she is interested in me. She wouldn't be constantly and indirectly quizzing me on Arizona if she weren't interested, in my humble opinion. She didn't get the answers she was looking for on some of comments/questions (eg - testing) on date 1.

One of the funny things was she mentioned she had a giant cactus (Arizona hint) that she loved so much that her friends say she should decorate it like a christmas tree at christmas time. I asked her in a half joking way "Can you sleep with it?" which she tried to ignore.

Now why the F didn't she say so openly in the first place? Of course I'll go to Arizona, Marry her, and have 12 kids. No problem. :eek:

I think it's time for what squirrels mentioned, her cooking dinner and some cuddle+ time, she comes through (so to speak) then take it from there.
Don't you love it when a woman runs you a medium-strength sh!t test right out of the gate. That's what her flake is by the way. Whether she knows it or not she's testing to see if you're obsessing or you're the guy I mentioned in the paragraph above.

You can be all p!ssed and run away or you can learn from this and play it better than she expected. What would a guy dating two other doctors do :)
If thats the case then in that scenerio, it's time to pull back along the lines of me saying "Hi, I have some situations that require my attention, I'll be in touch" and leave it at that for a few weeks or a month.

She (very much like any other woman) is looking for the guy that seems like he could take her or leave her. A guy with lots of options, confidence and almost selfish. She wanted you to play the game better dude.
I'm not sure but I thought I played that part upfront. From the time we first met at the coffee shop to the time of the first date was over 2 months when I asked her out to lunch as I was on to other things before that. Just a thought.

I don't say this for some stupid ego boost (honestly) but she MIGHT even be trying to play catch up with the cancellation and try and level the frame. Just another thought.

... or I should just simply move on to other plates. KISS (Keep it simple stupid). There is one other plate on the bench that I haven't gone out with yet which certainly seems to have more enthusiasm (with no out of state plans that I am aware of yet) than this one.

The reason I loath these games (I think many others do too or this board would have a lot less posts) and why it upsets me is because you, me, everyone has about 29,000 days on average before we croak from old age (for me it's down to 14,000 days left). Thats not including the possibility of disease which would make it even less, or even getting hit by a bus which could be tomorrow.

All the games do is suck more of the dwindling days away.

Last edited:

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you are putting way too much thought into this whole thing. If i read correctly you emailed her date #2 choices/ left her a VM- in my opinion bad move. You should've set the follow up date and time when you were with her before as you are a busy man with lots of options and activities going on.

At this point the focus should be on fun, not on who is moving where and if you woulda, coulda, might go. Just go out on some activity dates and have some fun. Hell in a worse case scenario she isn't right for you she probably works with dozens of hotties (drs and nurses) at the hospital that she could introduce you to.

When she cancelled the date you should have told her that you are just like a dr and charge a $50 cancellation fee if someone cancels with less than 24 hrs notice.

She has already flaked on you once, so m guess either she had a better offer, views you as a wuss, or you are a backup at best.