"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Is this a turn off?

Mustang05

New Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I am planning to ask this girl who is on a serious basketball team to improve my technique (I am on a casual/not that serious basketball league and am not that good).

I think it would definitely let us get to know each other better (I'm trying to get to know her better enough so that I can ask her out later).

Would this be a turn off to have me ask her to teach me? I personally don't consider it a bad thing.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2003
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
If I were you I wound't ask her to "teach" you. Just ask her to do something basketball realated i.e. a pick up game, a game of HORSE, or somthign like that.
 

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,143
Reaction score
13
Age
44
Location
Pittsburgh
probably not a good idea
 

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
if shes so good, she knows shes better then you so you have nothing to hide, but you should probably not use the word teach, just say "hey do you want to practice together"
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Originally posted by Mustang05
Would this be a turn off to have me ask her to teach me? I personally don't consider it a bad thing.
Bad idea - it is not in your favor for her to see you as a dork/awkward and her being your teacher in a physically demanding manly sport!!!

Ask her out without being her friend - why not take her to a ball game??

If you play her in ball and she beats you tell her in a loud voice, "I can still kick yourr @ss!!" and then grin like you are joking but not so much as to take the seriousness of the statement away.

Hopefully and ideally she doesn't take you up on the challenge and beats you to a pulp!!:rolleyes:
 

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
asking her to teach you makes you sound inferior and desperate. It also makes you sound like she's the man and you're the woman. Thats somehting a chick would do, is ask a guy for help. Guys dont ask girls for help, unless its school-homework related.
 
Top