Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is this a LAME first date idea?

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Was at a bar saw a hot chick with her friend didn't approach and they left to another area of the bar.

She went up to the bar again and I approach with my favorite line, "hey I almost wore the same thing" She asked me to join her friend with my friend.

We talked for like an hour and I got her number.

She is a fashion major and my idea for a first date on Thursday is:

Help shopping for a new shirt for Friday night

Lame or Not

You could just say lame but explaination would be nice. thanks

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i figured it would be good because
1. she is a girl
2. she is a fashion major
3. she is a girl
4. we can talk and i can get a tidbit of her style
5. she is a girl (they like shopping right???)
6. I could invite her out friday night

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good. She'll enjoy primping you up.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never thought of that for a first date. I think it could work. Walk around the store, talk, check things out, maybe get something to eat afterwords.

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea it's not too bad of a date idea. I mean it sounds like a good, safe date. Although it might not present many opportunites for kino or kissing and such.

I like action dates for first dates. Like trying something new and adventerous together. I took a recent date to the mall, but they have a rock climbing wall there. So we got strapped up and had a fun time catchin each other when we fell.

NewAndImproved

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, man. Sounds more like something a girl would do with her "gay best friend." I'm curious to see how it goes, though...

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nmartinez12443 said:
Was at a bar saw a hot chick with her friend didn't approach and they left to another area of the bar.

She went up to the bar again and I approach with my favorite line, "hey I almost wore the same thing" She asked me to join her friend with my friend.

We talked for like an hour and I got her number.

She is a fashion major and my idea for a first date on Thursday is:

Help shopping for a new shirt for Friday night

Lame or Not
Friday night doing shopping at a mall for a new shirt for you? Not the best idea. Doesn't scream "This guy is fun, popular, knows how to have a good time and makes love like an animal so I will let him inside me". More of a relationship type of thing to do.

Ask for for simple coffee.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great idea!

Its different. Its somewhat of an action date, which is always better. She gets to check out your body. You can get her to try on outfits too. You can have a lot of fun with this if you try. And, at the end of it, you can escalate by getting food, or a drink , or go back to your to your house to drop it off. Fvck a coffee date, its boring. Have fun with it, and you wont do wrong.

Me and a chick I was banging went to a thrift store one day, and we got each other to try on the most horrible things we could find, and we took pictures on our phones, It was way fun. We would sneak into the fitting booths together and make out. There are plenty of opportunities here.

Thumbs up! Hell, worst case scenario, you get to look better in the future.

AaJ321

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think your stressing it too much. You can use your game anywhere. Your not doing the same boaring thing that everybody else is doing. And she has offered her time to you. Just work with where your at.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DUDE!!! That is a GREAT idea!! I have actually done this a couple times, and it's always worked out well.

1) You'll get a shirt that looks good on you.

2) You have tons of opportunities to mess with her.

umm...that's really all you need. It's a mall, lots of stuff around, great idea.

Tear Gas

Don Juan
Reaction score
nice idea...just make sure you make it clear that you're not gay.

one.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I.A.F.Y.B. said:
I never thought of that for a first date. I think it could work. Walk around the store, talk, check things out, maybe get something to eat afterwords.
I think I'm gonna take back what I said. I gotta agree DonJuan11.

Especially, if its on a Friday. Cause, I know I'd have something going on a Friday night.

Make a plan for Sunday or something.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for all the replies

u guys are great, thanks for the tip.

We actually would be doing this ON THURSDAY. Not on friday night.

My other idea that has always been money in the past SLEDDING

I live in chicago area.

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think thats a great idea. You cant go wrong with taking a girl to the mall lol. Now the only thing i would worry about is her asking me to buy her something expensive lolz.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NewAndImproved said:
I don't know, man. Sounds more like something a girl would do with her "gay best friend." I'm curious to see how it goes, though...
This.

Also, I'd bump it down to during a weekday instead of a weekend.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to follow up we actually went to dinner and had a complimentary wine tasting beforehand, it went well. Only problem is we didn't get very physical, but we are going out on Saturday and I figure a little pregame together will led to some things. Thanks for all the advice fellas

LoneRanger

Don Juan
Reaction score
nmartinez12443 said:
Just to follow up we actually went to dinner and had a complimentary wine tasting beforehand, it went well. Only problem is we didn't get very physical, but we are going out on Saturday and I figure a little pregame together will led to some things. Thanks for all the advice fellas
:up: :up: :up: :up:

Metaphysical

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you approached her saying that you almost wore women's clothes to the club.. wow.

what happened to just sayin hello?

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yah. I've done that with one or two FBs. FIrst date, I take them shopping for me. They can be my fashion consultant. Never buy them anything though. When you do that you loose.