Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

is there no excuse for a girl in a relationship not to change her status in facebook?

drift king

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if a girl is in a relationship and quite clearly in one. is there no justification or excuse for her not to change her marital status to 'in a relationship' on facebook?

with the proliferation of facebook it has caused extra problems to relationships that 10 years did not have. i believe that if any girl gives u any friction as to why she wont change her marital status you should drop her.

that action tells u everything u need to know about her. she's being deceitful and is an attention wh0re. girls who dont change their status are encouraging guys she has on her friends list to message her cos it isn't clear in her status.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slow down there.

Insecure much?

How long have you been with her and how long have you been "official"?

Do you know her friends well enough and have you hung out with them, as well as with her family?

If this is new, and you're new... she might just not be into announcing to the whole world yet that she's with someone. Her friends and family might be asking too many questions because it might seem "sudden", and she wants to avoid that and let you in slowly and casually.

Pathgen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would never even have asked her to change it.... it just seems lame that you went through her facebook scrutinizing every point and then just had to point out that she isn't in a relationship.

drift king

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude.. this isn't about me.. it's a matter of principle. i hear loads of guys complaining and also my friends about this topic.

it doesn't matter if you've met her family or not.. if you're official you're official.. the whole point of changing it is to ward off all the d1ckhead guys on her friends list who keep trying it with her cos she has a ? mark relationship status.. when she changes it obviously there will be a bunch of guys who will still try it regardless but at least you filter out a lot of the BS and know she's not encouraging them.. my point is that if she gives u any friction for changing it any excuse then you should drop her.. it's less about her changing it and more about the friction she gives you about changing it that's a test.

these b1tches test us all the time we should have our own tests to make them jump through hoops so at least you know who's deceitful and who isn't.

specialed

Don Juan
Reaction score
i haven't been on here since forever and a day ago.

drift king said, "these b1tches test us all the time we should have our own tests to make them jump through hoops so at least you know who's deceitful and who isn't."

you're right, she tested you, and you just failed.

i never change my info on facebook or myspace and the girl i am dating does, and begs for me to change it. Quit sweating it, quit being an AFC.

Bronxtal112

Don Juan
Reaction score
drift king said:
if a girl is in a relationship and quite clearly in one. is there no justification or excuse for her not to change her marital status to 'in a relationship' on facebook?

with the proliferation of facebook it has caused extra problems to relationships that 10 years did not have. i believe that if any girl gives u any friction as to why she wont change her marital status you should drop her.

that action tells u everything u need to know about her. she's being deceitful and is an attention wh0re. girls who dont change their status are encouraging guys she has on her friends list to message her cos it isn't clear in her status.
I can speak from experience that it's a test. I've been dating, and still dating, a woman for over 4 months. For 3 of those months she had her status to 'Single'. I noticed it BUT did not say anything. Until one day out of the clear blue she changed it to 'In a relationship'. About a few weeks later I changed mine as well.

She was wanting you to bring it up. Power struggles my friend.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
well if your girl says to the world that she is single then there aint nothing you can do cause if you complain she can dump you and pick up another guy just like you in no time... BUT IT WILL TAKE YOU LONGER TO GET ANOTHER GIRL.. SOOOOOOOO... HMMM...

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drift king said:

Why would she? Why tell everyone everything? There is no point.

LOL. I hate to see what you would do if a girl who is going out with you doesn't tell the world. "Listen, you are going out with me, so everyone must know now or else I will dump you!"

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? You sound fairly conceited.

What if she wants to keep it private?
What if she doesn't want 200 questions about it?
What if she doesn't want to change it back after 2 weeks if things don't go well?
What if she forgets because she has final exams?
What if she doesn't want to do it until she is sure you won't sleep with and her dump her like half the guys on here would?

Don't be so presumptuous.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That status thing is ridiculously important. I remember a girlfriend calling me once and telling me she needed "space." Afterward, I went to the computer and pulled up her profile...then hit refresh and saw she was online. Then I hit refresh again and saw myself get dumped online in real time as she changed her status back to single. It was awesome.

But I agree to never act like you notice what she has on her profile in regard to you. Asking about it gives away power.

There is only one way to get a woman to do what you want, and that is interest level. Don't be needy and jealous, that raises her interest in you, and that is how to keep her away from other guys.

drift king

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
then what about the attention seeking girls, you know the types.. really good looking, used to getting what they want used to getting attention all the time.. not quite full on attention wh0re but how many hot HB8-9s have u met who don't like attention all the time?

these are the ones who love guys constantly messaging them on facebook trying to hook up with them.. what im saying is she shouldn't even be courting this attention.. say you've been out with her for a couple months then.. she should still change her message.. if you ask her why she hasn't changed her status and she gives u any friction i still don't believe the excuses.

just cos she'll get a bunch of questions about it.. boo hoo.. so what.. deal with it. by then all of her friends should have already met you and know you're an item so it's only natural you'd have it changed.

what i'm saying is that if she puts up any friction and does not give you a legitimate excuse which i can't think of many then you should drop her cos she's one of those types who likes guys to keep messaging her trying to hook up with her.

isn't this a legitimate request? ok if her interest level is so high in you that she begs you to change your status still doesn't prevent her from not changing hers.. she may try to get you to change it but won't change hers.. it may not say single but there's still a ? mark in regards to it.. then if you question her why she won't change hers and she gives you some BS excuse.. then you know she's one of those attention seeking types. i think this is valid.

drift king

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
also i don't know where you guys are getting the idea it's a problem i'm encountering.. im not seeing anyone nor have a current gf.. this was all a hypothetical question about what would happened IF.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ended up getting back together for a while with the girl who dumped me by changing her status. I didn't ask her to change it back to in a relationship, but I told her that I saw that she was 'single,' and that was fine, because I was going to be 'single,' too. She changed it right away.

When a woman I'm seeing has single as her status, I look at it as having the green light to fvck other women. Women should always be the ones to ask for commitment, and they should do it to keep you away from other women.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drift king said:
then what about the attention seeking girls, you know the types.. really good looking, used to getting what they want used to getting attention all the time.. not quite full on attention wh0re but how many hot HB8-9s have u met who don't like attention all the time?

these are the ones who love guys constantly messaging them on facebook trying to hook up with them.. what im saying is she shouldn't even be courting this attention.. say you've been out with her for a couple months then.. she should still change her message.. if you ask her why she hasn't changed her status and she gives u any friction i still don't believe the excuses.

just cos she'll get a bunch of questions about it.. boo hoo.. so what.. deal with it. by then all of her friends should have already met you and know you're an item so it's only natural you'd have it changed.

Maybe she doesn't want everyone to know. Why do you feel the whole world should know about your relationship? It's no one's business but yours and hers. You would like you sister's love life plastered on facebook?

what i'm saying is that if she puts up any friction and does not give you a legitimate excuse which i can't think of many then you should drop her cos she's one of those types who likes guys to keep messaging her trying to hook up with her.

As long as she doesn't act on it, there is nothing wrong with that. I know you would love to be the guy who constantly gets messaged by girls, who constantly has girls giving you there phone number. It's good for the ego and self-esteem. Maybe she's curious to see if she still has it. Relationships aren't so cut and dry. All she has to say is "Thanks for the message, but sorry I have a boyfriend". It appears as though you are more insecure than any hot girl. If seems like is anyone is dating you, they must let everyone else know and no one else is allowed to talk them.

isn't this a legitimate request? ok if her interest level is so high in you that she begs you to change your status still doesn't prevent her from not changing hers.. she may try to get you to change it but won't change hers..

Therein lies your problem. You agreed to change yours on her request so now she knows she has emotional control over you. (Look how upset he gets when I won't change my facebook status...wow, do I have control over drift king. Lets try to control him some more...I'm going to talk to another guy in front of him to see what he does...)

Her: Drift king, we are in a committed relationship and have seen each other without our clothes on, can you change your facebook status?

You: Unfortunately I have a difficult time getting on facebook. Would you like to go dancing with me tonight?
Dude, I will tell you this and everyone else, don't make anything important. Once she knows that something is real important to you, she's going to tighten the noose and buckle down. Life is like that. When people know someone else wants something badly, the price automatically increases.

hondo928

Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally think it matters, but I wouldn't make a big deal about it. If it says single then I would make an issue of it, if it's one of those gay girl things were they put married to so and so then I wouldn't be as concerned. Although one of my best friends got in a huge fight with his gf about this she did eventually change it, but not because of his request. On the other hand I was dating and hooking up with this girl who recently got a bf (real classy) and she hasn't changed hers, I'd be a little mad if I was him and I don't have much respect for her but o well.

playaslaya

Don Juan
Reaction score
just keep it casual. dont care too much what women think. most are ****ing nuts anyway. As long as she pumps your magic dragon, the little details are insignificant.