Is there anyone who cannot be a DJ?

kel

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a question I've had. It ties a lot into things like reframing and limiting beliefs.

Is there a man who cannot be a DJ?

I worry during my low times that I am such a man. Most of the time, I do not worry but there are times I do.

Barring major freakish things, is there anyone who cannot be this way?

I see no reason I can't, but sometimes I still feel like i'm destined to have a life without the success I want.

--Kel

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think "can't" is a pretty strong word. There may be people who don't have enough desire or discipline, but they can acquire that. There may be people with serious mental and emotional problems, but those can be taken care of too. It may take some people much longer than others, but I think in theory anyone can become a DJ.

I'm surprised this post is coming from you Kel, you seem like you wouldn't have any trouble being a DJ.

i1t4yomindi

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion, it all comes down to getting a life. Once you build up a life that youre happy with (ie develop passions, have goals, drive, etc.) then girls will merely be a part of your life. Not ALL of your life.

I realized that because I was bored, I had nothing else to do but ponder about getting a girl. I had nothing better to do. I know now that I must get a life of my own. With something to pursue in life, youre going to be happy and excited with each passing day. As Anthony Robbins says, youre going to live life with passion!

Once I find something that I really enjoy doing and pusue my goals I'll be too busy to think about girls. Then it's a matter of meeting girls on your journey and including them in your life. Everything else false into place.

kel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dapper Swindler
I'm surprised this post is coming from you Kel, you seem like you wouldn't have any trouble being a DJ.
Hah, thanks ;) we all have our weak moments for sure though. I have a lot of "technical knowledge", from reading a lot and thinking a lot, but getting it to become practice is really hard (as we all damn well know)

True, though. Having a really good fulfilling life is important and I'm working on that. I'm still young (20) so i'm not all set in my professional life or anything.

I've found the hard part about becoming a different person than I used to be was casting off that old mentality. I'm trying not to lose the parts of me that I did like, while losing the parts I didn't like.

--Kel

i1t4yomindi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it helpful to just set things to do everyday and keep busy. Always having something to do will prevent you from getting bored and thinking about negative things-party because you're so concentrated on your task.

Small steps toward a bigger goal. Working on improving everyday. I'm still young too, but I find that starting early is only an advantage. You can take more risks without having to worry about hurting your family (children, wife).

Anyway, keep working at it man! Most of us have been in the same situation at one point or another.

Tempest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by i1t4yomindi
I find it helpful to just set things to do everyday and keep busy. Always having something to do will prevent you from getting bored and thinking about negative things-party because you're so concentrated on your task.
I like this idea. =)

It's something which I've been meaning to get around too... but have been too lazy! I want to set a schedule/routine which will help me stick to specific tasks and a list of things to-do, which will keep me occupied. I want to keep it pretty exact or on-time, though. Like I want to have the time set for when I do my 20 minutes of reading per night, and stick to it. Stick to a certain bedtime, and force myself to get that 8 hours of sleep. Stick to that diet, and your weight lifting routine. I think you're completely right.