Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is there a possibilty of a third world war during our life time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveprefect

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of things are unpredictable...who would have imagined the world-trade centre that used to be new york's landmark came crushing down just like that?

Here is a hypothetical question...will there be a third world war in our lifetime? lets say 40-50 years from now...

If there is a third world war, what will be the scenario be like? which will be the participating countries? how will it be fought? will it be armageddon with all the nuclear arsenal sitting around?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My name is General Juan....

haha.... i dont think that anyone of us here on this forum will be able to predict such a thing... But i think that anything is possible, its just a matter of someone doing something stupid enough to start the war;)

Cbaoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, in the current client I dont think there is a possibility. Although destructive to moral, the terrorist threat around now does not have capabilities of waging a world war in the conventional sense. I think maybe the taiwan/china situation is maybe on of the few spots around the world where real trouble could kick off and there would be a big enough conventional army to wage a full scale war.

All speculation of course :p

KOSR

Don Juan
Reaction score
1st: WO1
2nd:WO2
3rd:Cold War
4th: Global terrorism

Because the super powers have build too destructive weapons it will never turn into a war like we have known before. A nuclear war would sound of the demise of this planet. War will not be waged on a real battlefield anymore. Things are more complex.

Wars are waged much differently now, the 4th is already happening. And I have no part in it, luckily :D

So no, another world war will almost certainly never happen.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, i think there will be a war within our lifetime.

France have always wanted to be a dominant player on the Global scale (sort of a Napoleons complex) but USA have always resisted this. We can already see that the EU is moving to position itself as a counterweight against the US domination that have existed for the last 50+ years. Soon some Third World countries (Iran, North-Korea) will get hold of nuclear weapons and rise up against USA. They might also be supported in secret by some more developed states that are against the US. And then the **** will hit the fan. While the US, and the rest of the Western world, are engaged in a lenghty conflict with the Third World countries, China and India (the worlds two most populus states) will be in a perfect position to make a move against the natural resource rich areas of Sibiria Just look at India's and China's position on the map, they have almost an exponential increase in population and nowhere to expand into except for north, that means into siberia. And no way in hell that Russia have the manpower to stop India and China together, since they both possess nuclear weapons and are outnumbering Russia in a great scale. Soon the weight scale will shift and the two new superpowers will emerge, India and China. And before you all know it all of us have to run around with Mao's "Little Red Book" while going all chopsticks.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
centaurion, do u really believe that china and india will attack russia? think about it: which state would put up with this?! usa and europe would immediately ally with russia and this would lead to immediate defeat of china and india, so no way for that scenario.

i don't think that another world war is comin', before at least 200 years, since everyone has too a vivid picture of ww1 and ww2.

TheMainMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Highly likely wish Bush in power.

dentalfloss

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
Yeah, i think there will be a war within our lifetime.

France have always wanted to be a dominant player on the Global scale (sort of a Napoleons complex) but USA have always resisted this. We can already see that the EU is moving to position itself as a counterweight against the US domination that have existed for the last 50+ years. Soon some Third World countries (Iran, North-Korea) will get hold of nuclear weapons and rise up against USA. They might also be supported in secret by some more developed states that are against the US. And then the **** will hit the fan. While the US, and the rest of the Western world, are engaged in a lenghty conflict with the Third World countries, China and India (the worlds two most populus states) will be in a perfect position to make a move against the natural resource rich areas of Sibiria Just look at India's and China's position on the map, they have almost an exponential increase in population and nowhere to expand into except for north, that means into siberia. And no way in hell that Russia have the manpower to stop India and China together, since they both possess nuclear weapons and are outnumbering Russia in a great scale. Soon the weight scale will shift and the two new superpowers will emerge, India and China. And before you all know it all of us have to run around with Mao's "Little Red Book" while going all chopsticks.
wtf? you're crazy

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol

it's just a small theory of mine.

don't take it too seriously.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheMainMan
Highly likely wish Bush in power.
Shut up idiot.

This threads gonna get closed.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well first of all, a destructive world war is no longer in ANY major power's favour. A single bombing raid on Shanghai and New York would put both countries into economic downturn for the next 20 years.

Secondly, most countries are actually preparing their military forces for low-level high-tech conflict. China, for example, has conducted numerous exercises in special forces conflict to be used in a small-scale conflict (similar to the US war against Iraq), and is also reducing the enormous Chinese army (about 200,000 people recently got put into civilian duty).

The US also seems to be highly focused on low-level conflict, rather than preparing for any major wars.

So aside from the fearmongering, I can't see the realistic possibility of a major world war in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.