Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is there a pick up artistry style/discipline that involves initiating touch right away?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really guys?

Dance. Learn Latin, especially salsa and bachata as well as tango. Also learn Texas 2-step country dancing. Problem solved.

Women LOVE a man who can dance and it’s a socially acceptable way to touch a woman you do not know.

You’re welcome.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dance. Learn Latin, especially salsa and bachata as well as tango. Also learn Texas 2-step country dancing. Problem solved.

Women LOVE a man who can dance and it’s a socially acceptable way to touch a woman you do not know.
Yes, a dance class will involve socially acceptable touching right now.

The problem is that classes themselves usually are not a good way to meet women. A lot of the female attendees of dance classes are not dateable women for a variety of reasons. If a dance class effort leads to finding sex or girlfriends, it often isn't directly due to the dance classes. It would typically be a situation where the dance classes served as a loss leader (definition below for those not familiar with the term). A man took dance classes long enough to get good at a particular style of dance, went to a nightlife venue for this style of dance, and then met a woman/women at these nightlife venues. This would be most common in salsa/Latin class or Country Western dancing.

I sense that many men haven't had good experiences with dance classes as a pickup method, which is why it wasn't mentioned prior to the post I'm quoting.

@Mike32ct has an extensive history with dance classes and provided some good thoughts about dance class in quotes below with the original thread attached. @HaleyBaron has had a different experience in dance classes.

I took ballroom dance for about 5 years per the “just take a dance class bruh” advice.

Didn’t get one single date the entire time.
Cool. There are a lot of variables. Your mileage may vary.
I can take tango lessons and get a date out of it with ease.
The variable is that Im capable of doing it, which is being lost on the discussion. Most guys who do these for the women suck at game. That is the simple truth. It is not surprising they are not getting women from it cause most men who go to these to "poach women" are incompetent to begin with.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lolz just hug the girl when you meet her, ffs. Why is this a discussion?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lolz just hug the girl when you meet her, ffs. Why is this a discussion?
That tends to work better in a swipe app or social media DM arranged first date setting than in an in-person approach setting. It's normal to hug at the beginning of the swipe app/social media DM arranged first date. An in-person approach usually doesn't start with a hug. It is possible to do the approach, make general first date plans, collect her number, and hug to end the initial interaction. That's typically a 10-15 minute type interaction.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That tends to work better in a swipe app or social media DM arranged first date setting than in an in-person approach setting. It's normal to hug at the beginning of the swipe app/social media DM arranged first date. An in-person approach usually doesn't start with a hug. It is possible to do the approach, make general first date plans, collect her number, and hug to end the initial interaction. That's typically a 10-15 minute type interaction.
That's still right away though imo. You might not start with a hug but you can start with arm touching/high five's etc and work up to it. As long as you can make her smile/laugh or bond through commonalities you can get to this point. If there's a style of game involved here's it's presenting yourself as attractive with a sexy vibe and running comfort game where you can established kino and escalate to a hug for the initial in person interaction.

This assumes you're not interacting in a nightclub/bar for the first time where you can be more aggressive.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree @SW15 about the classes. Notice I didn’t say “dance classes”. I said Dance.

Here’s the short cut for the ballsy among you. Go to a nightlife venue. Observe the good dancers. Often (not always but often) you can chat one up about dance. From there you get one of the girls to show/teach you. I am excellent at both C&W as well as Latin. I have shown any number of men how to 2-step over the years. Yah they were picking up on me & no I didn’t get with anyone, but it exposes you to a less formal more social way to dance and I know many men who learned this way.

The classes can be too stiff and some guys could use a beer to take the edge of the anxiety off.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree @SW15 about the classes. Notice I didn’t say “dance classes”. I said Dance.

The classes can be too stiff and some guys could use a beer to take the edge of the anxiety off.
It is a very important distinction. I think there are a lot of men out there that think they'll find girlfriends at dance classes and it sets them up for a bad experience.

Men need to view the classes as loss leaders or see if they can self teach themselves dance on YouTube. By doing this, it proves that they are passionate enough about dance and not doing it for the wrong reason, which is only for meeting women.

Here’s the short cut for the ballsy among you. Go to a nightlife venue. Observe the good dancers. Often (not always but often) you can chat one up about dance. From there you get one of the girls to show/teach you. I am excellent at both C&W as well as Latin. I have shown any number of men how to 2-step over the years. Yah they were picking up on me & no I didn’t get with anyone, but it exposes you to a less formal more social way to dance and I know many men who learned this way.
That's an interesting tip. I can see how that could be more fun than a structured class. As far as pickup goes, I would have mixed feelings about that. I've been more of a sports player than a dancer lifetime so my experience is limited there.

That's still right away though imo. You might not start with a hug but you can start with arm touching/high five's etc and work up to it. As long as you can make her smile/laugh or bond through commonalities you can get to this point. If there's a style of game involved here's it's presenting yourself as attractive with a sexy vibe and running comfort game where you can established kino and escalate to a hug for the initial in person interaction.

This assumes you're not interacting in a nightclub/bar for the first time where you can be more aggressive.
In the now unpublished book "Game" (published in 2018), Roosh had a observation about bar/nightclub game that mirrored my own experiences. Roosh noted that bars and nightclubs have gone downhill as a means of arranging first dates. Phone number closes in bars/nightclubs have gotten flakier. The goal of a bar or nightlife visit needs to be the same night lay and not collecting phone numbers and arranging first dates. If a goal is a same night lay, then that would make bar/nightclub game a more aggressive form of game. Roosh said to only accept a phone number in a nightlife venue if the woman makes it completely clear that there's no chance she's coming home with you or inviting you back to her place.

If a man wants to arrange first dates from nightlife venues, the best play for that is the 5-8 PM type weeknight Happy Hour time.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

2-stepping huh? That's highly sophisticated.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2-stepping huh? That's highly sophisticated.
It’s simple. A good two stepping couple is mesmerizing to watch. In my late 20s I had a 2 year relationship with a past competitive C&W dancer. I already knew how to dance but he improved me immensely and people loved to watch us dance when we were out. In two step you are touching the woman’s body from the chest/breast, through the hips, the thighs, the back and the hands. Good two step can be very sexy. It is the same beat as salsa.

One night I was out Latin dancing. A very tall handsome guy wanted me to show him how. Then he said he’s good at two step. I said really? Me too. It’s the same beat. We tore that dance floor up. My boyfriend at the time (an accomplished Latin dancer) was laughing later about how the Latinas were all amazed that the white guy could dance so well (they already knew I could)…and a dance step they didn’t know….and they all wanted to try it….

Pretty sure I got that dude laid that night, lol.