Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is the College thing a myth? (casual sex, easy lays, etc.)

Rolled Stones

Banned
Reaction score
I spent most of my college years in a relationship and my friends have done the same. Most kids I see in college are either stressing out about their futures, studying hard for class, or doing some extracurricular work.

The freshman and maybe sophomores are the only ones that really party a lot and even then it isn't so common.

People make college seem like this heaven where all guys got to have amazing social lives, enter amazing parties, and get laid by girls. So far I have not noticed anyone really living that kind of a life.

Is the college thing overhyped or what?

dosquito

Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely agree. I think the % of guys who regularly get casual sex in college is probably shockingly low. and most guys in college have no chance with a decent girl. rather, you have social status playing an even larger role than normal life, with some guys just overflowing with the ***** while most starve. You dont want to be an average male in this dating game.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rolled Stones said:
I spent most of my college years in a relationship and my friends have done the same. Most kids I see in college are either stressing out about their futures, studying hard for class, or doing some extracurricular work.

The freshman and maybe sophomores are the only ones that really party a lot and even then it isn't so common.

People make college seem like this heaven where all guys got to have amazing social lives, enter amazing parties, and get laid by girls. So far I have not noticed anyone really living that kind of a life.

Is the college thing overhyped or what?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYx7YG0RsFY‎

I imagine it's mostly because of all the drinking and parties

many people gain freedom and go crazy and then later in life calm the f*** down, college is where they go crazy with their freedom

it's the ultimate rebellion for the sheltered, the non-sheltered are probably doing the same thing but the difference is that they drank, partied and did drugs in high school too.

but aside from that it'll probably be exactly the same as high school with older and hotter chicks and like 10 or 20 or even 25 times as many people

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No its not a myth. Take a high population....make it only young men and women, add alcohol/drugs, and what you get is a society that is "not normal". Thats why its so much different when they graduate and get a real job. Same 10% rule applies....10% of guys bang about 90% of the girls in college. Separate yourself from the normal chumps on campus and success you will find.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheException said:
No its not a myth. Take a high population....make it only young men and women, add alcohol/drugs, and what you get is a society that is "not normal". Thats why its so much different when they graduate and get a real job. Same 10% rule applies....10% of guys bang about 90% of the girls in college. Separate yourself from the normal chumps on campus and success you will find.
The Exception is spot on here. The only I will say is that having a relationship in college is foolish. This is the only time in your life that you're going to be surrounded by nubile women who want to screw and you have no responsibility aside from your studies. Later on it gets a lot more difficult and complicated when you are dealing with forced work, less social opportunities, status related issues, career development etc, great friends who p-whipped by their women, etc.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
went to Florida State University for bachelors and masters.

it's a myth for majority of people. people aren't getting together out of thin air. it wasn't exceptionally hard to make out with a girl, but casual sex wasn't normal.

if you wanted that, the best route was fraternity life. otherwise, the college portrayed in movies wasn't what was going on at one of the top party schools in the nation. (the drinking was true, but not the sex.)

it happens, but it's definitely the 10% rule.

escaleraroyal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in college and i made lots of friends. Never heard about guys getting laid right left and center

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bling said:
it's a myth for majority of people. people aren't getting together out of thin air. it wasn't exceptionally hard to make out with a girl, but casual sex wasn't normal.
I agree with this as I am that guy haha. I've made out with loads of girls since being at uni but have never done the deed (came close twice). A lot of my friends who do have a lot of sex generally get it with the same girl and start out as fbuddies before eventually getting into a relationship with them. I think that a relationship at uni is pointless as well, you've got so much more time to get serious afterwards once you've graduated.

I do know of a few guys who have casual sex fairly regularly, but it's never sober, they are always ONS's with random girls or friends of friends.

Gunner

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
10% of the guys are doing 90% of the f**king. Even if the campus stats are 5 girls to 1 guy.

Case closed.

SirFratserlot

Banned
Reaction score
Its pretty much like corrupt capitalism. The few reap all the benefits while the less starve or live on scraps

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bling said:
if you wanted that, the best route was fraternity life. otherwise, the college portrayed in movies wasn't what was going on at one of the top party schools in the nation. (the drinking was true, but not the sex.)
As someone who has first hand experience in this, I would agree.

Most guys in college just wank off in their dorm room to be honest.

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it was pretty much easy lays, i go to a commuting college the first 2 years are easy as hell to game girls after that the girls who are there for the wrong reason get weaved out. my first time was a 3 some.

MrNiceGuy23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a myth, but it's not entirely true.

If you're good looking or have status, and you go to enough parties and game lots of women, you're bound to have a few one night stands, however, a large majority of guys do not meet these standards and don't go out partying every night of the week.

You can find more success by talking to a larger volume of women and leaving parties when they get beat or you've run out of options there. Considering most people don't go out alone, it's difficult to get all of your buddies to leave a party if you're the only one not having a good time.

I'd also say FBs are far more common then a guy banging 2 or 3 new girls a week.

I also know people who met girls while doing their laundry and ended up getting a ******* from them right then and there, as well as girls freshman who needed help with simple math homework and gave handjobs as thank yous.

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^very true. but i hardly ever went to parties and you dont have to game many women, most women where throw themselves at me. A couple of times i would sit in class and a girl would sit right next to me, i would talk to her for a little next thing she says is, "i dont have class after this, want to come to my dorm room?". From there its a no brainer.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you have to put in some effort. It's easier to game girls because there are a ton of them and half of college is socializing. It's a numbers thing. I forgot how easy it was to game college girls until I went back part-time to grad school.

You can't just show up and expect a chick to sleep with you. It just increases your chances because there are so many young women in a concentrated area.

MrNiceGuy23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Smok1nAce said:
^^very true. but i hardly ever went to parties and you dont have to game many women, most women where throw themselves at me. A couple of times i would sit in class and a girl would sit right next to me, i would talk to her for a little next thing she says is, "i dont have class after this, want to come to my dorm room?". From there its a no brainer.
That's my point, good looking guys don't have to put in much effort to bag women. But for most men if they're looking to have the "college lifestyle," that's how I would advise them to do it.

Unfortunately for me, I'm in a major where there are a maximum of 3 girls in a class (none of whom are attractive), so I had to look elsewhere to find women.

casaanova

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bling said:
went to Florida State University for bachelors and masters.

it happens, but it's definitely the 10% rule.
Agreed. I went to South Florida and unless you were an athlete or in a (top-tier) fraternity, nobody was exactly 'swimming' in casual sex. I was in a pretty high fraternity too, but I heard the greek life at FSU holds more weight than here. If you were a male freshman or sophomore you could definitely forget it.

I remember me and my roommate threw a party at our apt once (we were sophomores) and we won a game of beer pong against these 2 girls, losers agreed to strip. Everybody was crowded around the table cheering, and the girls suddenly put on a straight-serious face and said "We're not taking our clothes off." and simply walked to the other side of the party.

^^^^ - remember that if you're dating a girl in college who claims she cheated on you because "she was peer pressured at a party"

Justin Time

Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on where you go to college. I went to a technical institution where there was a very nice 10:1 ratio. Guys to gals. women had their pick of the lot...and let me tell you, the actual bang-able ones...the ratio was much worse.