"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Is she a waste of time?

Driven

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 17, 2003
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
This girl somewhat hangs out in my circle. I noticed she doesn't seem to have a BF, just some hangers on trying. Her sis caused a big fight with me(cause I didn't remember her) and I got to know this girl.

I got her number but have been busy so it has been about 2 1/2 maybe 3 weeks since I last saw her. Called today and she seemed happy to hear from me. Said Sat she is going to kid brothers birthday and then to a birthday for a guy I went to school with. He is a wanna be so no trouble from him and I even asked her if he was something to her, she said no, but didn't want to cancel after saying she would attend.

I wouldn't normally think much of her wanting to keep her word but she has another twist thrown in there. Today and last time we met, she mentioned she "doesn't do relationships well" and "runs from dating"(said that after I asked if she was seeing Mr. Pillhead loser.) I asked her before if she wasn't into guys and she said she was.

So, am I wasting time even following up? It almost sounds like she puts up a wall to keep people out. I hate to fool with such but I'm on a string of girls that have problems for me- smoke, had a stalker so they act weird arond my friends, or are just plain nuts. I just can't find one that is stable like I want and/or doesn't smoke. Hope it isn't just me.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

jester1x

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 28, 2000
Messages
398
Reaction score
34
Location
Elk Grove, CA
To be honest, only you can be the one who determines if a woman is a "waste of time." Maybe this girl hasn't met the right person yet. You know if you don't try, you will always be left wondering about this particular girl.

*The only thing I would tell you to do is no mention of relationships or any other men when you speak to her. When you mention something a lot it may take on more importance than it really deserves. (Yeah, I haven't posted here for some time now.)
 

M. Powered

New Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by jester1x
*The only thing I would tell you to do is no mention of relationships or any other men when you speak to her.
Agreed. Let the other guys worry about whether or not she's seeing you.
 

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
13
Age
46
Right now you can't assume that she's a psycho, or "unstable" from what she's provided you. The only conclusion that you can come to is that she shys away from dating for some reason; she has had trouble getting close to someone. Right now you don't know WHY though. Maybe she IS 'unstable', but maybe she has trust issues, maybe she was burned too many times, maybe she is just having fun living the single life and doesn't want to be tied down...who knows? And rather than just take a wild guess and assume she's a psychopath, why don't you dig a little deeper?

I would follow up. Really get to know her and what makes her tick. Her fears and passions. Figure out what drives her. Then you can determine whether she is a person that is worth the emotional and physical investment that you're willing to provide.

-Blitz
 
Top