"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Is sexual assault simply the way of the world?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,707
Reaction score
5,132
I was reading this, and it got me interested:

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...e-revealing-logic-of-boys-will-be-boys/570415

The discussion now swirling around the Supreme Court nominee asks an insidious question: Is sexual assault simply the way of the world?
my opinion: I think that in an earlier age of humanity, sexual assault was most assuredly part of human behavior. It was the patriarchy that was put in place to defend men who took wives from having their wives be assaulted by other men.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,760
Reaction score
9,965
Certainly from a historical standpoint, it does seem that sexual assault was a common fact of life. Soldiers who conquered other countries would have their way with the women, even in the past century. I wouldn't want to guess a percentage, but I bet a significant number of women have been sexually assaulted at some point in their lives over the last few thousand years or so.
 

Soflobro#3

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
722
Reaction score
263
Age
31
I think women who dress promiscuously and go to places where a bunch of men are consuming alcohol are asking for it.

But saying I would do it. I've never even been to a club before, not even a strip club, I usually only date women who don't drink, smoke, or do drugs and have never been even remotely addicted to substances.

Or how about how Hollywood actresses who come out about some sort of sexual assault AFTER they became famous. Are you serious? How about you have some integrity, and don't allow it to happen just so you can get a role.

I have little sympathy for some if not many of these women who passively used their sexuality for financial, or any, gain and then later come out and cry victim.

People lock their doors or vehicles at night for a reason. You wouldn't walk around with your money taped to the outside of your clothes. You don't get to go outside and be safe all the time.
 
Top