Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is sex too overrated?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How you enjoy sex is a very individual experience that, to me, cannot be rated, much less be over- or underrated. I've been sexually active for longer than most of you've been alive and I'm still enjoying sex enormously at an age I never thought I'd ever reach.

If food tastes like cardboard, you're not eating right. If drink takes bland and flat, you're not drinking right. If sex is bland and boring, you're not doing it right.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Frankly, it’s all dopamine and how you’ve trained the reward centers in your brain. Pretty darned simple stuff.

How you enjoy sex is a very individual experience that, to me, cannot be rated, much less be over- or underrated. I've been sexually active for longer than most of you've been alive and I'm still enjoying sex enormously at an age I never thought I'd ever reach.

If food tastes like cardboard, you're not eating right. If drink takes bland and flat, you're not drinking right. If sex is bland and boring, you're not doing it right.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frankly, it’s all dopamine and how you’ve trained the reward centers in your brain. Pretty darned simple stuff.
Dopamine, I know. That's dope.

Just one minor addition: I trained women to please the reward centers in my brain. :cool:

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
p.s. I love the way a nice vagina feels when my penis is inside it and there are few things in life I would prioritize higher than that experience. I realize you may not have had the good fortune I have in this department, and I’m sorry for you.
Clear cheapshot u put in there as an Edit but the bolded is clearly not true otherwise your wording wouldnt be such. The claimed empathy is not consistent with the tone of that paragraph.

All it comes down to is this, sex happens with a human being. If that human is trash, or you are not impressed by them, or they have shown too much negativity then it will affect the value of sex.

As I consider modern women to be such pathetic failures I dont consider sex to be valueble. It will likely be a degen pathetic loser who I will be ****ing and I simply consider it beneath me to enjoy or engage in such actions.

For me to consider a woman sexually worthy she must elevate herself to that level, but given mainstream women (and men) are such pathetic losers with weak Game it is just a disrespect of my Game to lower myself to valuing sex with normal women.

This can only be understoof by those having elevated their Game aka Knowledge.

You may be living in a bubble where things are alot more positive and stable around you, a more functioning society where you dont see the level of failure I see.

Also, it is factually wrong to suggest that men need sex. It is important not to confuse circumstantial neediness with a default position. Men are more horny because they are more stressed. Living in a modern city with noise, pollution, other people media, other stresses etc is alot different to living as we did throughout history, where things were much calmer, there was nature, quiteness, cleanliness etc and those things make a big difference to male neediness. It is simply impossible for men to need sex, or women for that matter, since it is not food or oxygen.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
It's not a cheapshot, given your stated beliefs, you've got some serious cognitive disonance going there @kavi

I do not think anyone has ever died from lack of sex - e.g. needing it. But sex is part of our survival strategy to propel our genes into the future, it's an imperative for life, and sex and procreation are inextricably linked to each other as it was 100k years ago and still is today.

A happy and healthy sex life is conducive to a happier human. If I am living in a bubble its of my own creation and i'm happy as hell with it. I do believe that if more men had a vibrant and active sex life they would be happier and the world would be a better place.

So given this forum's stated purpose is about getting access to vagina - what is your purpose here?

Furthermore there are many problems with your response as it contains multiple assertions about the value of sex, societal norms, and individual worth. These assertions are presented as personal opinions but are also framed as overarching truths that others may not "understand" due to a supposed lack of "Game" or knowledge.

1. **Sexual Worth**: The assertion that one's personal view of the worthiness of a sexual partner is based on a set of qualifications defined by oneself alone can be interpreted as a subjective perspective.

2. **Generalization of Modern Women (and Men)**: Labeling modern women—and by extension, men—as "pathetic failures" is a sweeping generalization that doesn't account for the diversity of experiences, beliefs, and values among individuals.

3. **Game & Knowledge**: Defining worth or understanding through the lens of "Game" or "Knowledge" as the text suggests, implies a hierarchical system that others must ascend to gain approval or understanding. This viewpoint places the individual expressing it as an arbiter of worth, based on their criteria.

4. **Bubble & Functioning Society**: The implication that differing viewpoints stem from living in a more "positive and stable" environment can be seen as a method to delegitimize differing perspectives by attributing them to ignorance or a lack of exposure to "reality."

5. **Sexual Need**: The statement about men not "needing" sex conflates physiological drive with essential biological need. While it's accurate to say that sex is not a basic requirement for individual survival like food or oxygen, it disregards the complexity of human sexuality and the variety of reasons people engage in sexual activities, which can include but are not limited to, emotional connection, pleasure, and procreation.

6. **Modern Stressors**: The claim that modern city living, with its associated stressors, is responsible for increased "neediness" in men, could be considered a simplification. Levels of sexual desire and perceived "need" for sex are influenced by a multitude of factors, including but not limited to, biological, psychological, and sociocultural variables.

It's important to recognize that the statement contains a set of perspectives that may not be universally shared, and some may find them problematic due to the sweeping generalizations and subjective value judgments they involve.

I think you need to get laid bro.

Clear cheapshot u put in there as an Edit but the bolded is clearly not true otherwise your wording wouldnt be such. The claimed empathy is not consistent with the tone of that paragraph.

All it comes down to is this, sex happens with a human being. If that human is trash, or you are not impressed by them, or they have shown too much negativity then it will affect the value of sex.

As I consider modern women to be such pathetic failures I dont consider sex to be valueble. It will likely be a degen pathetic loser who I will be ****ing and I simply consider it beneath me to enjoy or engage in such actions.

For me to consider a woman sexually worthy she must elevate herself to that level, but given mainstream women (and men) are such pathetic losers with weak Game it is just a disrespect of my Game to lower myself to valuing sex with normal women.

This can only be understoof by those having elevated their Game aka Knowledge.

You may be living in a bubble where things are alot more positive and stable around you, a more functioning society where you dont see the level of failure I see.

Also, it is factually wrong to suggest that men need sex. It is important not to confuse circumstantial neediness with a default position. Men are more horny because they are more stressed. Living in a modern city with noise, pollution, other people media, other stresses etc is alot different to living as we did throughout history, where things were much calmer, there was nature, quiteness, cleanliness etc and those things make a big difference to male neediness. It is simply impossible for men to need sex, or women for that matter, since it is not food or oxygen.

Last edited:

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had a very active sex life. There was a time a few years ago when I was kinda addicted to sex. Was doing it almost every weekend, sometimes even every day. I'm in my mid-30s now, unmarried. And do have sex occasionally. Like once or twice a month.

But the reason I ask this question is, why is sex so overhyped? I mean it's fun and everything, but gets boring really quickly. I haven't kept a lay count, could have reached 100 maybe.

But why is sex so overrated? It's not like anyone gains any special insight after having sex. But it's so prevalent in society, in movies or TV shows, and for some people in this forum, it's like the only goal in life.

I honestly feel when I'm not having sex for a long time and exercising regularly, I'm just more energetic and focused on other goals in life. After having sex, all my aggression and energy go away. It's like a vicious circle.

Just a rant. And the guys who are reading this who don't have an active sex life, trust me you're not missing much. Sex is boring and just empties you inside.
Well, it's like Pook said years ago. Too much of the focus today is on intercourse and sex is much more than that.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m with Pierce and Amsterdam on this one. Sexuality is complex and I personally find value in it on various fronts (physical, psychological, spiritual, intimacy etc.)

A healthy sex life bonds people in a good way and confers meaningfulness to a healthy interaction. It is a means of expression and a means of pleasure.

If sex is readily available one will partake or refrain according to his or her own values and beliefs, and those are individually varied.

Frankly one of the things I most enjoy about married life is sex on tap with the man I love and who I find terribly sexy. But not everyone shares that perspective.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had a very active sex life. There was a time a few years ago when I was kinda addicted to sex. Was doing it almost every weekend, sometimes even every day. I'm in my mid-30s now, unmarried. And do have sex occasionally. Like once or twice a month.

But the reason I ask this question is, why is sex so overhyped? I mean it's fun and everything, but gets boring really quickly. I haven't kept a lay count, could have reached 100 maybe.
You are in your mid-30s, so you don't care that much. Generally, sex is really really important when the man is young. Why? Yes, his testosterone is higher, but I think it's mainly because he's on the same "level playing field as other men". The sex is also not transactional when the man is young, so it's very very important for him. Also, the women are younger and more fertile, less partners. He wants to get in there before other men do.

When a man gets older, the sex starts to become transactional, so he could live without it much easier. His patience also goes down, his testosterone also goes down, and the woman he's after has already been up by the genetically blessed guys, so he cares even less.

But why is sex so overrated? It's not like anyone gains any special insight after having sex. But it's so prevalent in society, in movies or TV shows, and for some people in this forum, it's like the only goal in life.
It's prevalent is society, in movies and tv because its the one thing that men want and can't get easily. So they have to play it as much as they can. This way, men will spend more money for them in order to get sex. Everything the media does is designed to get to a man's emotions. And the one thing that gets to a man's emotions, is sex with young hot women. This is the fantasy the media plays up over and over and over again.

Everything in life, a man has and is expected to build himself. Money, House, Car, Buildings, Electricity, Clean Water, Heat, Planes, Trains, etc, etc. The one thing, the only thing men can't get themselves, is sex with a hot young woman. The media knows this, they have to play it up

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it's like Pook said years ago. Too much of the focus today is on intercourse and sex is much more than that.
That is a great way to put it and the first time I've read it that way.

OP, sex is overrated as an accomplishment or source of validation or cheap form of entertainment. It's pushed on us constantly through ads and ad-driven media. Conversely it used to be (and still is in some places) heavily suppressed, for the same reason, too much emphasis.

But circling back to the Pook quote, it's not overrated when one considers its prevalence outside of intercourse. Sex plays into billions actions and interactions every day, and not just with the people you might have sex with. Its undercurrents are everywhere.

For me where it's most enjoyable is when it bubbles to the surface, when there's real attraction. I tend to think of anticipation of sex as nearly as fun as a conquest.

The simple act of sex is a small part of it. It can be memorable too of course. But yeah that's why portrayals of intercourse are often called gratuitous.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poosy makes the rat race called life going. It is an illusion so is life.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sex is only overrated to Incels and guys struggling to get laid. There's a reason woman is willing to hold out from sex for a long time until the right guy or ex comes along.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea sex could be boring or overrated. How so?
I've done all sorts of crazy things in all sorts of places. I've had a few girls that didn't impress me but I never fuhked them more than once.

Never had the p0rnstar experience with a girl?

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea sex could be boring or overrated. How so?
I've done all sorts of crazy things in all sorts of places. I've had a few girls that didn't impress me but I never fuhked them more than once.

Never had the p0rnstar experience with a girl?
Oh I've had some really good experiences. ****, anal, bj...alot of it. The issue is it feels good in the moment. But after I've done it numerous times, it feels kinda empty and bland. And honestly I felt having regular sex didnt make me have any insights like they show in movies. The way they portray sex in the media, it feels like it's the ultimate goal. But that's far from the truth.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Everyone’s posts should have “for me” appended to the end.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Not sure we're participating in the same discussion.

That is anti intellectual. This proves the topic is funnier than you make it out to be.