Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is POF a waste of time?

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Messaged probably 30 girls or so there in the past two weeks, and really have nothing to show for it. Best I got was a girl gave me her MSN but when I made a subtle comment how we should hangout soon she kind of brushed it off and didn't seem like she was interested. She keeps saying how cute/good looking she thought I was but said I look like I'm 19 mentioning how "when I grow up I'll be such a heartbreaker" even tho I'm like 23. LOL

Anyways has anyone else had any success or is it just me that's failing? I try to send personalize messages, pretty short but unique to each girl I'm trying to catch. But so far nothing tangible has come out of any of this.

darkstarrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing with the Devil by the pale moonlight.
I've been ravaging POF, s-daddie.com, match, christiansingles, adultff.. heck I've even considered J-date.com and I'm not even Jewish! Although I have received a lot of feedback and chatted with a healthy handful of women I've come to the conclusion that its hit or miss and really not worth while unless you are willing to go out with someone who is less attractive than you are or less attractive than you would otherwise be able to get with.

My only solution is what I've said before and will say again because it works. Eat more food, and good food. Take care of yourself like you are God's gift to the planet. Get into the gym at least 3 times a week. Go tanning every other week if its in the winter and you are pale. Get a cleancut new haircut. Dress nicely. Wear a good cologne. Clean your place and your car. Be productive in your life. It feels satisfying and radiates off of you. And most importantly - get out there. Meet friends out as often as you can. Eventually you will meet people through people and make new friends. Much sooner than later you will be dating new chics.

Good luck.

Samedi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it depends on so many factors which is stating the obvious i know lol. I mean are you looking for a certain type of girl or aren't you too fussy? Also what does your profile say? Do you ever get messaged by girls? Usually as we know if you get messaged its from a lass who has no pic or is on the large side. If your not picky then they are optional i guess.

When i went on there i had no experience with women, or how to talk to them, i was also a virgin. My profile was talk/email cause i wasnt expecting anything. I think i wrote something like:
"Honest, nice, genuine guy just looking to talk and make friends at the mo. Can be shy at times, dont like being centre of attention. Not really into clubs so a 24/7 party girl probably isnt best, someone who is quiet and a bit shy would be better."

It wasn't exactly like that but anyhow, 3 days later a girl contacts me with no pic, i banter, get the msn, see her pic, then she gives the #, we date and i lost my V.

I tried different ways of messaging, but mostly i was ****y to the point where some hot babes took the bait if only to defend their profiles or whatever. For me in the end i was having a ball. Id just browse through, something funny would enter my head, and id email. Id bust em up about whatever, i didn't care if they were offended or not. The way i saw it, there was hundreds of guys paying compliments, and prob not many who would neg the chick. So i saw a gap. Id tap into whatever there profile said. If they were a hairstylist, id show my interest by saying i like her hair (i have a thing for girls hair anyway so this was easy lol), and then saying "so your work in a hairsalon, whats your job, brushing the hair up and cleaning out the toilets? ;-)" Something like that, which is cheeky but it isnt me sucking there ass.
I think i got like 3 or 4 numbers, the chicks just gave them to me without me asking. Of course i never pushed the boat out far enough and outright asked them to hang out cause i was still with the first fish.

I learned alot and got some practice too. Sure its not real life, but its a good virtual warmup i think.

Some will stall you and wont give questions back, so you have to work harder to break em down. I got a number of these types, but i just waded in and some got more comfortable enough to throw jokes back.

And yes as Darkstarr says, you are prob going to hook up with an average looking chick. Which i did, and i wasn't too bothered at the time, but it bothers me now. Besides you only have words, and your picture to create interest. No body language or anything real life can give you.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on there for about a month and in my opinion the site is trash. I've contacted over 20 women so far and have only gotten back one response and that was a chick who ignored my questions and only replied back with a link to her myspace page. I wasn't interested in being myspace buddies so I didn't bother contacting her again. This is coming from a guy who has a masters degree, well paying job, and above average in looks.

I don't spam womens inboxes with copy and pasted messages like other guys do, but now I think I'm gonna start spamming because writing out individual letters to each woman based on her interests listed in her profile is too time consuming and a waste of time. Classic example of women saying they want a guy online that takes an interest in them and looks at their profile and then wasting the guys time. I'm currently using A copy and pasted version of Player Supremes online dating add that he posted here a few years ago.

I will give you an honest assessment of the site as I see it. This was c and p'd from another thread I recently responded to.

1) The site seems to be a breeding ground for Attention wh0res, fat chicks, and single moms.

2) Fat chicks will try to fool you by only posting close-up shots of their face.

3) Every HB on the site at least in my area seems to be an AW. These women will have friends lists of 20-100 guys. If you have all these "online guy friends" then why hasn't she found a man yet? These profiles have AW written all over them. THESE WOMEN ARE JUST USING THE SITE TO GET VALIDATION FROM MEN AND HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF ACTUALLY MEETING SOMEONE.

4) on another note about the AW's; an HB who is emotionally and financially stable has plenty of options in real life and wouldn't need online dating anyway.

5) Women on the site are too picky. Fat/ugly girls will act like they are god's gift. One of the previous posters made me laugh when he talked about the 4's giving attitude.There seems to be a considerable amount of women in my age group 25-30 who are still chasing after the deluded prince charming fantasy. These women post rediculous laundry lists of qualifications that no man on the site could ever live up to. The few men who could live up to their qualifications aren't on plentyoffish because they've got plenty of offline options to even bother with it.

6) The male to female ratio on that site is rediculous. In my aread there's like a 15-1 male/female ration. Just for the hell of it I posted a fake profile of an HB and within 5 minutes I already had 10 messages in my inbox and within 2 days I received over 50 favorites requests.

actionjaxson

Don Juan
Reaction score
a few of my friends have ****ed some girls from there. but for me its mostly only fat girls that give me their msn.

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I share very similar experiences as you guys. I'm not messaging super models, but at the same time I'm trying to find attractive girls who I think might be compatible with me. I even tried messaging a girl who I thought was kinda cute not quite to the calibre I was used to, but good enough I thought - she might turn out to be cool. Not even a response from her either lol.

In real life I'm used to dating solid 7/8's or so but on the site it's like 7's are 10's...and the only hope of getting a date for myself on the site is an overweight girl or someone very average in looks. Not my cup of tea.

mtlwlu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been off and on that site for over a year, I dont really take it serious, usually when im bored at home on a rainy morning or something like that. Anyways I try to only message girls that I think are attractive, Ive had a decent response, and am working some game on a girl from there right now a solid 8, although she seems flaky.... roll with the punches i guess. The thing about that site is that its strictly determined by looks.

PS My best wingman found his girlfriend on there and moved 5 hours away...fml.

Reaction score
I still get mail from that site. I don't ho chase on any site. I do sit back and let the women make a choice:

M** So much to give? 2/28/2009 5:30:51 AM
Ly** Introduction-Hello 2/27/2009 3:24:12 PM
th** message. 2/24/2009 7:52:34 PM
m** hi 2/17/2009 7:42:38 PM
te** smille 2/15/2009 8:40:06 PM
sh** Hello! (Contains Gift) 2/14/2009 7:26:55 PM
j** cant wait to talk to you (Contains Rose) (Contains Gift) 2/12/2009 9:19:14 PM
pr** let chat 2/5/2009 9:33:50 AM

I have a very powerful profile that I use that I borrowed from Ross Jefferies and this professional hypnotist's profile in his book and blended them into a profile that even pulls gifts without me doing a dam thing.

Ok I know nerds so Quality of women is next.

yup some are not what I would bone and a few and I say a few are very good quality. But, the ones I would reject are what you guys would like due to their thin bodies.

I like thick with pretty faces. I like ex gymnast types.

I have had some beautiful women contact me off there. I have had some fat nasty ones also. I have had a lot of in between women which is most of the ones I get.

But for fishing when you just lay your pole out there and don't do anything else it pays.

Vanilla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried making a fake profile with a cute chick picture. Within MINUTES of signing up, I get inbox filled with questions and saying how cute I look. Not to mention getting a request to be IMed and whatnot.

Don't feel bad, it's way too much work for the women to respond back, especially when you get crap messages like, "I just came across your page and was automatically attracted to your picture. You are very beautiful :). I was wondering if you would like to chat on here sometime? We may have a few things in common. Talk to you soon hopefully".

Hell, I'm so overwhelmed at my fake profile, I stopped going.

I say keep playing the numbers and lower your standards A LOT! You'll most likely get a response, but then again, this is a site for desperate chicks so you'll get the bottom of the barrel. The cute and hot women are either at the bars/clubs/bookstores/college and/or give up trying online.

Reaction score
Vanilla said:
I tried making a fake profile with a cute chick picture. Within MINUTES of signing up, I get inbox filled with questions and saying how cute I look. Not to mention getting a request to be IMed and whatnot.

Don't feel bad, it's way too much work for the women to respond back, especially when you get crap messages like, "I just came across your page and was automatically attracted to your picture. You are very beautiful :). I was wondering if you would like to chat on here sometime? We may have a few things in common. Talk to you soon hopefully".

Hell, I'm so overwhelmed at my fake profile, I stopped going.

I say keep playing the numbers and lower your standards A LOT! You'll most likely get a response, but then again, this is a site for desperate chicks so you'll get the bottom of the barrel. The cute and hot women are either at the bars/clubs/bookstores/college and/or give up trying online.
NO OFFENSE INTENDED:

Why would any man even think of doing something like this?

I am old so bear with me. I just do not get it.

I have heard one guy say he was trying to see what other guys use as lines. But that was a lie.

Why would any man even think of doing something like this that is my question. Maybe because I am old fashioned. I wouldn't even think of doing this even for a test.

Reaction score
^^^ I did that with Craigslist once. I had heard a lot of people say that with online dating, the ratio of men to women is something like 10:1. I wanted to find out for myself.

I recieved 58 responses in 7 hours before my ad was flagged as spam.
So the rumors are definitely true.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scorring On The Net

OKAY PEOPLE LISTEN UP 'CAUSE SCHOOLS 'BOUT TO START..........LESSON 1 SCORRING ON THE NET.

IF U AINT GETTING AT LEAST 60% RESPONSE RATE from the emails U sent out.............U ARE SCREWING UP BIGTIME!!!!!!! HUH..........U heard me...if U contacted 20 chics, 13 of them should be responding, IF NOT MORE.

Its a skill set just like anything else. Way too many guys think they can load up a pic, write some crappy words and call it a profile. Then wonder why no success. Others just contact girl after girl with variations on a theme and get absolutely ZERO results.

HEY CLUELESS.........PAy attention FOR THE LAST TIME.........ITS NOT A NUMBERS GAME ITS A FRICKEN SKILL SET............say that out loud 3 times..........ready go.........ITS A SKILL SET....ok 2 more times.

OK so now on with the lesson.............lots of guys claim its what you write in your profile or how great your picture is or how many females you contact.............READY FOR A SHOCKER.........NONE OF THAT STUFF MATTERS........WTF..........am I nuts, have I bumped my head, am I on crack, did I just escape from a mental institution.............NOPE. Get this its called imperical research.......ya I tested which actual method actually reaped the most success. Ok so spill it, whats the magic, top secret method for SCORRING on THE NET.

FIRST CONTACT-yup thats it, that alone will PROPEL you into rockstar status. Its the difference between climbing a mountain to get to the top and using a JET PACK rocket.

THE SPECS-focus on making a KILLER first contact email and adjust it for each individual slightly to personalise it and make it less "cookie cuter like".....chics hate that by the way.

1) SUBJECT LINE-this is your virtual opener, the hook, it's your key to unlock the chic vault, without this KEY COMPONET you WILL BE LOCKED OUT!!. See, when women get tons of fan mail they skim through the list and open which ones that stand out first. U gotta get your email read to get a response. If you don't PEACO CK your subject line you WILL ALREADY blend in with all the other fan mail.
Example: My name is Jim, Hello I read you profile, You are cute, Hi, I liked animals, blah blah blah B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUR GOAL IS TO GET YOUR EMAIL READ...........U have to make them want to read your email first. EXAMPLES-Love the Hair, Hate the...., I THOUGH IT WAS YOU........, U ARE KIDDING RIGHT....

2) THE KILLER EMAIL-now this is where you truly hafta shine guys. If you can tie it in with the subject line you maintain congruency. U hooked them with the bait, now its time to tug the line and test wether to reel 'em in or continue with some more bait.
Lets borrow one of the Subject lines from above......

SUBJECT LINE-LUV THE HAIR JUST HATE THE......

EMAIL-Hate the fact you are wasting all your time reading fan mail, instead you should be meeting me for a drink. Don't tell me your one of those chics that lives for virtual ego boosts and remains in cyber space, etc, etc......................

REPEAT THIS 3 TIMES............the purpose of an email is to get a response. Go ahead say it 3 times, I will wait......................

Now after she responds......

3) CALL 2 ACTION EMAIL-this is where U reel 'em in. U dropped the bait, U hooked them, tugged the line, now start reeling them in.
Respond to her email to you by further injecting a slight tease and then challenge her to part with some form of contact info. Phone number extraction is bold but a more time tested method that is consistant is opt for INSTANT MESSAGE name. Then U can extract a number after you exchanged more banter.

*other important stuff-U should have a cool profile name like JIMDAMAN, GUYNEXTDOOR, JEANSGUY,LUV2MEET. So when she reads the emails from who sent them, shes looks at your user name that stands out as opposed to JAMES1978, IMALOSER2009,ETC

*Have a cool IM name too, again stand out instead of blending in.

*make sure you assign her a nic name (something U poked slight fun of from her email or profile) then use that tease in your SECOND EMAIL or IM conversation. EXAMPLE : OK miss too busy to respond, hey american idol wannabe, Yo Crazy Girl, Whats up Beer Bimbo, etc

* do keep in mind its a lot more than teasing, go easy on the SLIGHT teasing, make it playful, keep it fun, light ,etc.

*the other stuff (pictures, profile, profession, etc) well those do help but thats another article for another day.

and if U want even MORE SECRET tactics to get your email read first, cut n pastes for every type of chic on any website, U gonna have to get serious and get the help of a professional.

I tried ONLINE DATING SECRETS, INSIDERS DATING, NET2BED, EMAIL2FEMALE, ETC..............they do have some killer stuff from A to Z but some are better than others. My book has just the ones with reap success and now It's under 10 bucks.

WHAT CAN U EXPECT-u can go from zero to hero, get more azz than a toilet seat, bag more chicks than KFC, see more vagina than a gynocologist, attract more women than a 1 day shoe sale.......and so much more........Like the guy with the hats with goggles said "ITS A LOT MORE THAN JUST PICKING UP WOMEN".

Lets see hang on computer reading more lame stuff or become a MASTER ONLINE PICKUP ARTIST...........

Last edited:

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
COD said:
THE SPECS-focus on making a KILLER first contact email and adjust it for each individual slightly to personalise it and make it less "cookie cuter like".....chics hate that by the way.
This is exactly what I do, but it seems to have no bearing whatsoever on my success rate. From what I'm finding online dating is more of a pure meat market than anything else. You can write a killer message or be ****y and funny all you want, but bottom line IF SHE DOESN"T LIKE YOUR PIC THEN YOU AIN"T GETTIN NOWHERE. Believe me I've already tried it all. I've got Player Supremes copy and pasted add on my page and I've used different messages from this site just to see what works and what doesn't.

COD said:
I tried ONLINE DATING SECRETS, INSIDERS DATING, NET2BED, EMAIL2FEMALE, ETC..............they do have some killer stuff from A to Z but some are better than others. My book has just the ones with reap success and now It's under 10 bucks.

WHAT CAN U EXPECT-u can go from zero to hero, get more azz than a toilet seat, bag more chicks than KFC, see more vagina than a gynocologist, attract more women than a 1 day shoe sale.......and so much more........Like the guy with the hats with goggles said "ITS A LOT MORE THAN JUST PICKING UP WOMEN".

Lets see hang on computer reading more lame stuff or become a MASTER ONLINE PICKUP ARTIST...........
I don't really see why you posted this? Are you trying to market a book you've written or this just some mental masterbation that you copy and pasted from some Guru's website?

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude U asked for some assistance..........U say nothing works is just very closed minded. Sure pics matter but not as much as you claim to think.

I know cause I GOT TONS OF DATES WITH NO PICTURE, NO PROFILE. I would submit the actual SUBJECT LINES YOU ARE USING are of poor quality and your so called KILLER EMAIL does little to engage them.

I infact DID TRY all the great pics, great profiles BS, I found and actually recorded my success rate through # of emails responded to which email templates I used...........and guess what EACH AND EVERY TIME the SUBJECT LINE GOT READ AND THE KILLER EMAIL GOT RESPONDED TO...........

Now if you are serious about getting results, then U are going to have to reveal ACTUAL EMAIL EXAMPLES THAT YOU USED ALONG WITH THE ACTUAL SUBJECT LINE and we can CSI it right here in this forum.

2) not all dating sites are alike.......so it could be your demographics. Theres 1500 dating sites.

3) SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES differ from dating sites as do paid for sites.

4) THE WOMEN YOU ARE CONTACTING-yet another factor you might want to introduce some CSI tactics to write only the women that are most likely to respond.

5) TIMING-best time is when they are online

I could go on with a dozen or more other tips/advice but when all is said and done if you have a closed mind then you are right no way will U get results.

*net dating is the lowest form of pickup in a PU artist arsenal, have u tried speed dating, lock n key party, bars/clubs, day gaming, etc

* saying things like net dating does not work is totally ridiculous, to date net dating companies have amounted to A TRILLION DOLLARS.

MY ADVICE RIGHT NOW............SUSPEND YOUR DIS-BELIEF and JUST COPY WHAT WORKS.........follow the model and stick with it..............or u can just give up and try the other methods to meeting women.

I seen tons of ugly men, fat, bald, low income get chic after chic after chic ONLINE.............the difference between them and you...........they TRULY wanted to master net dating. It's your choice but you seem to not have the spark and not really ready to become a master. Lets face it if you can't get dates online you are not going to be able to do it in the field...........online is by far the fricken easiest way to meet women.

BBJ1083

Reaction score
Online dating is really absolute bull****eozio.

You should be avoiding online at all costs.

Believe me, when I say online is a serious serious waste of time.

Nothing will waste your time and kill your game like online.

Focus on girls that cross you path day to day to be a success.

darkstarrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing with the Devil by the pale moonlight.
BBJ1083 said:
Online dating is really absolute bull****eozio.

You should be avoiding online at all costs.

Believe me, when I say online is a serious serious waste of time.

Nothing will waste your time and kill your game like online.

Focus on girls that cross you path day to day to be a success.
I agree. NOt because online dating is impossible.. it works for some.. but because its a waste of fucking time. I was just at the grocery store and there were babes in there. Time for me to do groceries more often and buy smaller quantities at a time. Pull our thumbs out of our a$$es and get out there.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
COD said:
dude U asked for some assistance..........U say nothing works is just very closed minded. Sure pics matter but not as much as you claim to think.

Now if you are serious about getting results, then U are going to have to reveal ACTUAL EMAIL EXAMPLES THAT YOU USED ALONG WITH THE ACTUAL SUBJECT LINE and we can CSI it right here in this forum.

CSI tactics to write only the women that are most likely to respond.
What do you mean by CSI tactics? How can you tell which women are more likely to respond? I sent you a link to my POF page and an example of a message for you to critique in a private message. Any help would be appreciated.

Usually I find something in the womans profile and use that as the subject. For example if the woman says she likes horror movies then I'll just put horror movies in the subject.

I would also like to see your killer subject lines and messages. Send it to me in a private message if you don't want to post it here.

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with some of what COD is saying. You gotta learn to stand out a bit. I am not great, but I am getting there. If you send a message titled "Hello" or or something unimaginative like that, don't even bother.

Right now I have got 3 girls from POF on the go. From 26 to 30 yrs old and are all about 7-8 in looks. But, yeah, I had to send about 100 emails out to get that kind of response rate.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NET DATING IS A REALITY but I already said its the WUSS mans way to meet women. Its a good foundation to scope out chics when U are new to an area or when your bored, but The real PUA's do it live on the fly where ever they are. And they are right you learn more doing cold, day game then online will ever teach you. I do extremly well online only because I made a ton of mistakes and started writing down what works. Took years to master and enhance.

The ultimate rush is when U can do it LIVE in the field or OFF LINE......there will be instant learning curve,its all non virtual. A lot tougher then hiding behind your computer but if U master day game......WOW now thats a skill.

Online is for shy, newbies, it does have some advantages but its a lot more superficial than sarging in the field. If U want the lazy/wimps way to meet women stick with online...(it does require a lot of time/dedication to master).

U could try online as a starting point then graduate to cold approaches/club pickups.

Keep in mind dating sites differ, I tried stuff on POF and got good results, then tried it on Match and got AWESOME results. Same lines, same targets contacted just better results.

Theres a lot more than just writing an email.......U gotta be able to write a killer SECOND EMAIL, U should know how to escalate in a IM conversation, how to game on the phone, what to do when U get voicemail, what to text when U think she is screening her calls, how to act on dates......I mean the list goes on and on. thats why I suggested getting a source......a book that covers all the aspects so that you get a fundamental comprehension of all the insiders tricks and why they works and samples or read responses.

Again just trying to help you cause I was once frustrated with online .........til I started seeing the matrix like secrets.

It is addictive........and a lot of fun but its just a spec of how to seduce women.....REAL GAMING begins when the computer is turned off.