"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Is my idea of a good relationship properly moralistic or am i just kidding myself?

Poppin' Tags

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Springfield, IL
I have a belief that before any physical relationship should take place, there should be some kind of strong emotional connection. I think that a one night stand is like a scam... both to the girl and yourself. I have ****ed-- it was great, but not so necessary that I would go out and **** a girl without getting her name. To me the emotional and mental aspect of a relationship is at least as important as the physical part.

Then I have the rest of the male population around me grabbin' asses and taking numerous girls on one-night rides- or at least wanting to- and wanting NOTHING to do with the girl herself or her life. I think that if a girl is that uninteresting than you shouldnt be with her at all in the first place.

Personally I think of my current relationships as practice for the rest of my life. Maybe i am crazy, but I want to be in quite a few serious relationships so I know what is required and what to expect. Eventually I plan on finding a great girl (I mean in a long time) and settling down with her. I dont think that I will be happy if this girl has ****ed 20 guys who she never saw again. I would hope she would think the same towards me. Of course, this seems to be a hard expectation of most hot women because it seems like I am all alone in my beliefs here.

Outside of religious fanatics I dont think there are many that agree with me. I am not religious at all... but I am about as moralistic as an atheist can be.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
dude, i feel that way too, but in my opinion that is the way of teenagers today. It's about getting the experience of getting laid for most people, just so they can say "i've done it". I know 2 nice girls, who i feel stuff for, who havn't had sex, thats it. Two.

glad to know i'm not alone.
 

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
524
Reaction score
0
Age
38
While not as 'moralistic' as you, we seem to share some opinions. For one, I also prefer LTRs to casual dating or one night stands. Secondly, someone mentioned that if the level of kino escalates in the early stages of relationship, it will most likely 'squash' the strong emotional bonds that would have developed otherwise. But I do not wholeheartedly agree with this opinion (the more I am attracted to a girl, the harder it is to keep my hands off her ;)). I jump from one LTR into another, because somehow emotional aspects play an equally important role for me, and try to let the physical and emotional sides grow together.
 

Zoso

Don Juan
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Location
Zoso
Don't worry about what other people are doing, they just have different priorities than you. Wanting to have an emotional connection to the girl as well as a physical one just shows that you have principles and standards. This is a good thing - it will make the sex and the relationship all the more powerful, and the girls you find will be of better quality and character, with real personal value beyond their physical attributes.
 

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
2
Location
Mi
I totally agree
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
If your thinkin it, and we're thinking it, there's other hotties that are thinking it.
 

HHloser2

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by R3N3GAD3
If your thinkin it, and we're thinking it, there's other hotties that are thinking it.
Yep. And i agree with you. I like LTR over one night stands.
 

Jester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 6, 2001
Messages
1,949
Reaction score
7
Location
NJ, USA
Physical vs emotional

you are trading one hollowness for another.


anyone else see the irony of this thread?

You guys like ltrs better than one night stands. Well then my friends how many ltrs have you had? How many of them now mean anything to you at all? And don't bullsh1t me because ill smell it on your breath. They dont mean sh1t to you now. Guess what a one-night stand would mean to you now.....sh1t.


Kidding yourself definitely sounds appropriate.
 

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
524
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Who cares what past LTRs mean now. I prefer to live for the process instead of the 'final accomplishment', or the 'goal'. Quite frankly, I find it much more enjoyable to spend time with a one girl for whom I have real feelings rather than casually seeing a few girls at a time towards whom I feel nothing. But that's just me. Most of my friends just want a hot piece of ass by their side, and I don't question them.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Just say "No" to Hos!!!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Jester
Physical vs emotional

you are trading one hollowness for another.


anyone else see the irony of this thread?

You guys like ltrs better than one night stands. Well then my friends how many ltrs have you had? How many of them now mean anything to you at all? And don't bullsh1t me because ill smell it on your breath. They dont mean sh1t to you now. Guess what a one-night stand would mean to you now.....sh1t.


Kidding yourself definitely sounds appropriate.
One night as opposed to 5 months? Both temporary. Both nothingness in the continuum of Time.
 
Top