Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is my ex trying to woo me back in??

bignick79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Dons!

My ex is doing some very strange things lately and would like to get some of your expertise as to what she's doing and what I should do going forward.  We've been part for about 4 months now, she broke up with me. Prior to this story, I had gone no contact with her for over 2 months. 

The story begins about 3 weeks ago, I called her to see how she was doing...in hindsight, I realize this was a bad idea, but never the less, we talked for about 20 mins, I had some selfish reasons for calling, I was going to Vegas and I wanted her to see I was going out and having fun without her. I told her I was going, there was also some small talk, nothing earth shattering, but it was a decent conversation.  

Then the day before my trip to Vegas she sends me a text telling me to play roulette and bet on some numbers that her dog told her would be lucky and if I won, all her dog wanted in return was some bacon treats.  It was cute, I guess, I texted her back about an hour later and said sure if I win she can have all the bacon she wants and rub her belly for luck!  (sounds stupid, but her dog loved the hell outta me!). Anyway, that was that.

I return from Vegas and the next day I get another text from her..."are you back"?  It struck me as slightly odd that she would care, but I know she was wondering how my trip was. So I waited a while and called her back.  She asked about my trip and where we went.  Then, to make it like she wasn't calling about my trip, she asked me some random question about the computer I had bought for her while we were together.  Things felt better between us, so I suggested we get dinner sometime, if she wanted to, but just left it open.  

Now things get strange, a few days after this I get a text from her..."are you around"?  Again, I waited about 45 mins to respond, I call her.  She answers, how are you? What new? I'm thinking to myself we talked 4 days ago, could really be new?? Anyway, she goes on to say " I have something to tell you". She had an ex that was sorta stalking her while we were together, nothing violent, just creepy stuff. Apparently he got a hold of her and to get rid of him, she told him she was married...his response was, to who? And he said my name.  That freaked her out, cuz there is no way he should know who I am or what my name is.  I never met him before.  So she felt like she needed to call me and tell me this.  Personally, it sounded very much like a cry for attention.  

So the weekend passed, and Monday morning I get a text from her with a picture of her hand with a ring on it.  The caption reads "my wedding ring". Talk about creepy?? I'm shaking my head thinking she went to all the trouble to dump me, now she wants to pretend her and I are married...all I can think is what did I get myself into???  She was wearing the ring in case she happened to run into him, so she could confirm that she was "married".  All I could do was make a joke out of it and laugh it off.  But to be honest, the whole thing made me wonder what was she thinking???

Finally, this past Sunday I got yet another text from her..."how's it going"?  I was busy having dinner with my folks, so after about an hour and a half I texted her back that everything was fine and I was really busy at work, I got no response.  So the next day, I worked all day and tried to call her back, thinking some madness went on with "our stalker" and figured I should find out what's up.  No answer, but 20 mins later she texts me..."dinner?". Reluctantly, I agreed, we met and had a nice dinner and pleasant conversation.  At the end of the evening, she asked for directions to the nearest Jack n the Box.  I got my phone out, but I had a random picture of a girl I talked to once on my phone and she saw it!  This wasn't planned by me, but she asked, who's that?? I told her not to worry about it.  She persisted, who's that?? So I lied and told her it was some girl I was talking to on a dating site I joined.  She says, why didn't you tell me that?? I didn't really respond, I don't owe her an explanation anyway.  So I could tell that got her in a huff, she hurried up and left.  I haven't heard from her since, which has been a week now.

I'd like to get the opinions of the Dons here, what was she doing here??? My intention is to go back to no contact and if she ever calls me again, I'll see if it's worth even responding to.  How long do you guys think she will go silent for?? I'm done with the drama, but I'm the kind of guy who tries to understand why things happen and would like some feedback.  Thanks guys!!

Big Nick

bignick79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any opinions or comments here guys?

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is your ex... she is the past which means she shouldn't be in the present. She sounds crazy as cat sh!t anyway. Stop calling, texting, and talking to her. She broke up with you and you still want to go out to dinner with her and such???? Forget her and do something productive with your life.

SMS 48

Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like she's using you for validation, and nothing else.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do realize she's pawning you right? She handled this creepy guy horribly, dug herself into a hole, and she's using you to pull her out of it.

Your good points:
*Going no contact (although you screwed up hitting her up in the first place)
*Delaying in your response. I would have delayed even more for good measure. Nothing like a good 5 hour wait in between texts to get the girl's brain racking.

*Having the girl see Ms. new gash on your phone.

Nothing trumps an ex more than seeing you with a new girl. it tells her you're happy and over her. But what the fvck is up with your terrible response?

"A girl on a dating site I joined" ARE YOU SERIOUS? So after your breakup, you're telling her that couldn't meet a girl IRL?

You should have told her, right after she asked: "You dont need to know," or, like you said, "I don't owe you an explanation anyway."

Do yourself a favor and don't hit her up. If you reeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyy want to get back with her, perhaps seeing new gash will send her ego spiraling right back onto your c0ck.

bignick79

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know my response was a little weak...i totally wasn't planning that and it caught me a little off guard, but she definitely got bent...the tone of the evening changed dramatically and she left rather quickly! Lol

The plan is to go no contact now...next time I'll wait a few hours before responding, make it really sink in I'm not at her beck and call. I think she will definitely text again, but my feeling is she will go dark for a while, maybe a couple months or so. What do you all think??

In some ways, I almost feel like she used the story about her stalker ex just to have a reason to talk to me...there is almost no conceivable way he could know my name unless she told him directly in the past. I'm not even worried he's gonna do anything to me anyway. I'm sure she probably mentioned my name to him at some point and he just drew the connection when she told him she was married. I believe she just missed me and this was a perfect chance for her to get into my head. Too bad I'm over that BS and I don't give a rats ass what kinda mess she gets herself into. Although, the sex was pretty bomb!! Maybe I get her to swing from my c0ck a few more times?? Opinions???

Big Nick

P

perseverance

I'd have nothing more to do with this girl.

It sounds like she has one too many loose screws in her head, she's manipulative, deceptive and she sounds controlling.

Just be thankful she hasn't bothered with you for over a week now and if she does try and get back in contact with you, save yourself the hassle and don't reinitiate contact.

bignick79

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would agree...it seems to me like she was lacking some attention and what better way to draw me back in than with a drama filled story!

I found out a lot about her reasons for ending it, which actually make it so much easier for me to not want to go back. I found out this stalker ex cheated on her, a friend of hers works at a bar and stalker ex showed up there, problem is he doesnt drink and he left with a another girl...she did the math and dumped him. I'll give her credit for that. Also, her dad also cheated on her mom, so in her opinion, all guys are cheaters, given the opportunity. I never cheated, maybe my eyes wandered and I did look at another girl here and there. When she noticed me look, she would storm off, get upset and ruin whatever it was we were doing.

Another thing she mentioned was that because we were an inter-racial couple, I'm white, she's half cuban half black, she noticed other black guy and just other people in general, staring at us. She said I was completely oblivious to that and she carried that burden alone. I said to her, "so what if other people are looking at us. If they have a problem with us being together, that's on them! It's not our problem! I don't care what anyone thinks about us being together, let them think whatever they want!". It bothers me that she let these external forces dictate our relationship. It's actually kinda sad, don't y'all think??

Big Nick

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bignick79 said:
I would agree...it seems to me like she was lacking some attention and what better way to draw me back in than with a drama filled story!

I found out a lot about her reasons for ending it, which actually make it so much easier for me to not want to go back. I found out this stalker ex cheated on her, a friend of hers works at a bar and stalker ex showed up there, problem is he doesnt drink and he left with a another girl...she did the math and dumped him. I'll give her credit for that. Also, her dad also cheated on her mom, so in her opinion, all guys are cheaters, given the opportunity. I never cheated, maybe my eyes wandered and I did look at another girl here and there. When she noticed me look, she would storm off, get upset and ruin whatever it was we were doing.

Another thing she mentioned was that because we were an inter-racial couple, I'm white, she's half cuban half black, she noticed other black guy and just other people in general, staring at us. She said I was completely oblivious to that and she carried that burden alone. I said to her, "so what if other people are looking at us. If they have a problem with us being together, that's on them! It's not our problem! I don't care what anyone thinks about us being together, let them think whatever they want!". It bothers me that she let these external forces dictate our relationship. It's actually kinda sad, don't y'all think??

Big Nick
As a personality disordered woman who is projecting all the time (see all men are cheaters) to her her image is everything. What people think about her and the man she's with defines who she is. So yeah, the external forces dictate the relationship.

bignick79

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never thought of it that way, thanks AlexDP. It's sad because she will never get over that and the next guy will have the same problem I did. He better buy some horse blinders! Haha

Big Nick

bignick79

Don Juan
Reaction score
She's so cynical on her view on guys and cheating. I see where she got her opinion of us, but I never cheated...I might as well have though! So sad!