Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is living at home with my parents going to be a problem?

killerasp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been living away for the past 5 years. But in the next 2 months, I will be making my way back up for financial reasons.

I quit my job 2 years ago to persue the world of entrepreneurship and eventually work on my own startups. My partners and I came up with an amazing idea and after some due diligence, we decided to go all in on it. So we have been spending the last 5 months workin on the business and are about to launch. But during this time we did no consulting work so we were not making any money. We fully understood the risk, but its such a great idea/market, we had to go all in to make it really work. We didnt want to half ass it.

So with my apt lease coming up for renewal and me investing all my time/engergy/money into this business, I decided it was not in my best interest for long term survivability to keep burning money into an apt that I am never in.

Every relationship I have been in has been while I was living on my own. I've been in several relationships over the years and have been enjoing the single life over the last year. Over the last 6 months, I have been putting more effort into meeting quality women that I could see myself being with in the long run. Now that I am moving home, I keep thinking that will affect my chances of maintaing a relationship with someone that I like. I keep thinking this will be a crutch.

I am a super outgoing confident person that has no problem meeting women and going out with them. But I keep thinking that once I tell them that I live at home with my parents for strategic financial reasons, they will see it as a negative.

TLDR: Will women want to date a guy that temporary lives at home with his parents because its saving him a ton of money while he commits his life/energy/time/money into his passion/work?

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
I'd love to move back home man, I envy you. Support network, Free Food, Nice house.... man I wish I could go home. If she doesn't understand that, dump her and find someone who does.

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I still live at home till I can find a full time job (hours got cut instead of being laid off)

It's honestly not a problem, I just look for women who have their own place because if they do that means they consider themselves "independent" and are too busy gloating in their own success to really care about why you're living at home.

The ones that might make an issue of it are the ones who also live at home because then it becomes a situation where you both might feel weird having the other over.

It's no biggie though, don't act like it is and they won't care.

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm almost 26 and still love with my parents, always have, just a high school diploma unfortunately, but I do have a job and a car at least, although I only make 13k a year

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bring super good looking girls back to my parents sorta like a bragging rights thing. Like check ur son out. I do have a good job but I like my parents so I stick around. Girls don't care at all....and when I find a one night stand, I pay for a hotel...the only issue I have is the occasional grief parents give me when I come home late or not at all. Just think. They won't be around forever....so....enjoy them.

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
_sideways_ said:
I bring super good looking girls back to my parents sorta like a bragging rights thing. Like check ur son out. I do have a good job but I like my parents so I stick around. Girls don't care at all....and when I find a one night stand, I pay for a hotel...the only issue I have is the occasional grief parents give me when I come home late or not at all. Just think. They won't be around forever....so....enjoy them.
Liking some of the responses I'm hearing so far, I feel it will help me not worry about this as much

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends how loaded they are :)

Seriously, if the woman (a real one, and not a bar skank) is not impressed with your focus and priorities, it does kind of reflect her inability to see past the now. Not a chick worth investing much time/thought/money in.

However, for the casual FB, why would she care? She's only their for a shagging ... right? As long as you can offer her some privacy (like a basement), she shouldn't care either.

In short, the only ones who would be put off by this would be the low brow, double digit IQ scum 51uts that are just over entitled users. They're not real people anyway. Would you let an animal in your parents house?

Good Job OP!

SH

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
You'd be amazed what women will ignore if your game is tight.
this response I love the most, that's giving me motivation and inspiration to not worry about the fact I still live at home

lifeislearning

Don Juan
Reaction score
Couple months ago I was worried about the same thing. Dad's teasing is gonna be your biggest issue

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am astonished at the responses here. I guess times have changed. When I was in my twenties, the guys at work and my friends shamed me all the f-ing time for "living under mommy and daddy's wing". It was a real big deal. And it did prevent me from attracting much of any women.

I hope you guys are right about this, cause that's where I am now. Recovered from a stroke, taking classes, living with parents and my daughter.
My divorce should be final within the next week. She put it off til first of the year, benefitted her taxwise. You know how women are...

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are your parents massive c0ckblockers?

Kidding. You gotta take care of yourself first and foremost and do what's necessary. Where there's a will there's a way. My uncle lived off and on at his mom's into his 40s, and he dated all kinds of women.

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I believe that shows anything is possible, at the same time living at home still will limit your options but not hopeless though, as long as it is not hopeless then that is what should really matter, I'll be 26 tomorrow and I still live at home

pierce_r

Don Juan
Reaction score
killerasp said:
I quit my job 2 years ago to persue the world of entrepreneurship and eventually work on my own startups. My partners and I came up with an amazing idea and after some due diligence, we decided to go all in on it. So we have been spending the last 5 months workin on the business and are about to launch. But during this time we did no consulting work so we were not making any money. We fully understood the risk, but its such a great idea/market, we had to go all in to make it really work. We didnt want to half ass it.

So with my apt lease coming up for renewal and me investing all my time/engergy/money into this business, I decided it was not in my best interest for long term survivability to keep burning money into an apt that I am never in.

<snip>

TLDR: Will women want to date a guy that temporary lives at home with his parents because its saving him a ton of money while he commits his life/energy/time/money into his passion/work?
Absolutely. I talk about the mature man having to make his way in the world in order to attract women. This is a great example of carving out a corner of the world for yourself. (If you were living with your parents and delivering pizza at your age, I'd tell you to pull your head out.)

There is no shame in what you're doing, and I'd think some women would find it gutsy. And smart.

If you meet a girl and start dating, and you're still living at home in five years. . . :nervous:

movistar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JaegerPilot217 said:
Wow, I believe that shows anything is possible, at the same time living at home still will limit your options but not hopeless though, as long as it is not hopeless then that is what should really matter, I'll be 26 tomorrow and I still live at home
26 at home is nothing, you are good to go. Just make yourself a little pad in the basement and refer to your parents as "roommates". I lived at home wayyy tooo long(like 30ish) because I had such a sweet deal. Didn't move out until I bought a place.

I will say that having your own place is a turn on for chicks as well, I also live in an expensive area, and chicks are always surprised that I own it. I play it cool with the "doesn't everybody have a place like this" attitude.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
killerasp said:
Ive been living away for the past 5 years. But in the next 2 months, I will be making my way back up for financial reasons.

Every relationship I have been in has been while I was living on my own. I've been in several relationships over the years and have been enjoing the single life over the last year. Over the last 6 months, I have been putting more effort into meeting quality women that I could see myself being with in the long run. Now that I am moving home, I keep thinking that will affect my chances of maintaing a relationship with someone that I like. I keep thinking this will be a crutch.

I am a super outgoing confident person that has no problem meeting women and going out with them. But I keep thinking that once I tell them that I live at home with my parents for strategic financial reasons, they will see it as a negative.

Dude dont worry what other people think. If you have a solid plan and the passion to go for what you want, then go ahead and do it. The Economic times we are living in is trash and you need to secure your financial future. Focus on your future to build a business that will help you do well down the line. Living with your parents for now should only be viewed as a sacrifice so in the long run your ahead of everyone else. Like the saying goes "Sometimes you gotta do what you dont want to do, in order to get where you wanna be"

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
movistar said:
26 at home is nothing, you are good to go. Just make yourself a little pad in the basement and refer to your parents as "roommates". I lived at home wayyy tooo long(like 30ish) because I had such a sweet deal. Didn't move out until I bought a place.

I will say that having your own place is a turn on for chicks as well, I also live in an expensive area, and chicks are always surprised that I own it. I play it cool with the "doesn't everybody have a place like this" attitude.
and plus I live in Southern California, it's more expensive to live here than just about anywhere else, hopefully women can understand that, I do have a job and a car at least, although the highest level of education I've completed is just a high school diploma

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And I wonder if most women want and expect a man to have a college degree of some sort?

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
does anyone know of any guys who just have a high school diploma only and they have banged, or just been able to date, attract women that have a bachelor's degree or higher? now don't get me wrong, i'm not solely going for women like that, i'm just saying that me only having a high school diploma, I still find myself attracted to women that have a college degree and it's because i'm physically attracted to them, I could care less if they have a college degree or not