Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it up to the guy to initiate the hug?

cw92

Don Juan
Reaction score
good question, Ive experienced both.

do you mean hugs towards someone you like? a friend? or a random girl acquaintance you've made but are not sure what to do?

I usually make eye contact and initiate the hug. works for me usually.

peacefire

Don Juan
Reaction score
Daddy The Pimp said:
Are you fvcking kidding me ? Asking for a hug ?
I don't ask for it , i just do it. Its natural . Hug and a kiss on a cheek for every girl. Its not a big deal.
so you juz walk up to them and hug them, dont you say anythin first?? but what if ur not that close with the girl?? and when specificly do u give hugs?
it might turn out awkward.

peacefire

Don Juan
Reaction score
cw92 said:
good question, Ive experienced both.

do you mean hugs towards someone you like? a friend? or a random girl acquaintance you've made but are not sure what to do?

I usually make eye contact and initiate the hug. works for me usually.
I would have to say shes more of a random girl acquaintance youve made, wat do you say when asking for a hug? wow i feel so retatred lol, but i honestly dont know how to initiate.

cw92

Don Juan
Reaction score
peacefire said:
I would have to say shes more of a random girl acquaintance youve made, wat do you say when asking for a hug? wow i feel so retatred lol, but i honestly dont know how to initiate.
Actually this same scenario happened to me today.

First i would recommend hugging someone else you know better near her, before you move to the acquaintance.

Then as smoothly as possible as if you didn't really notice her, you say

Hey! How are you? (Smile, as genuinely as possible, make eye contact, and lean in for the hug) It will catch her a bit off guard.

Hopefully she will kind of hug you as an instinct. Or at least you will get one of those ****ty half-hugs.

After she answers, say "thats great!" if its something positive. Then try to make conversation, or MOVE ON so that she doesn't think you gave her any special attention, or any momentary "awkwardness"

tucking fypo

Don Juan
Reaction score
u must go in for the hug they will never hug you unless you hug them alot but still you have to be the one opening your arms

WalkingStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a lot of girls wont initiate, especially if theyre nervous around you.

Don't ask, just go for it. If you've established ANY kino, she won't be offended (and if she is, STAY AWAY ;))

If you initiate the first few times and stop, they WILL start to take charge.

Daddy The Pimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
peacefire said:
so you juz walk up to them and hug them, dont you say anythin first?? but what if ur not that close with the girl?? and when specificly do u give hugs?
it might turn out awkward.
If i know the girl , of course ill just say *WHATS UP* or *HEEY* while going for the hug. If you see it as awkward thing , she will see it in that way too. In my opinion , not hugging a girl is a weird thing . And she must think this way or ill think that she's unsocial dork that is not used to hugging and in that case, she's not worth even a look on her .

Have a stronger frame and make her work for your respect.

Following_of_Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't pay too much attention to hugs. It's just something of a friendly gesture. You can hug female friends after hanging out, but if you are looking for something more than friends, a hug isn't really what you are looking for. It just implies you are friendly, where a kiss implies that you like the girl and that you're man enough to act on it.

Triple T

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its just a hug. Just do it when you say good-bye, or greet them.
Simple as that.

"Hey how have you been?" *Hug*
or
"Well, I have to go now, I'll see you later." *Hug*

No biggy.

AlexParadox

Don Juan
Reaction score
man, in all honesty if you are asking questions like this i think you need to work on your inner game more.

Truly you need to man up and not care who hugs first. this is so trivial!

You give her a hug when you want, and receive whatever she gives you.
Its really nothing that will make or break anything.

TheEnergizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ what he said
dont walk up to her then suddenly wrap your arms around her unexpectedly of course, just do exactly what chinwaggler said, with a complementary greeting or good-bye or thank you, or whatever else goes with a hug. its only awkward if you think its awkward, and if you think its the least awkward thing in the world, then it wont be awkward, and if she still pulls away, SHES awkward, and unsocial, not you. though i have never seen that happen, except from awkward guys trying to hug. awkwardly. that word is getting kinda awkward now.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's up to the guy to initiate everything ;)

Irs88

Don Juan
Reaction score
ah yeea. guy initiate. dont make it seem like a big deal or itll turn awkward

Overcomer9

Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I gather it's genrally up to the guy to do everything.

I've had girls initiate though but I usaully wasn't interested in them and they were just friends.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't hug random people. But if you have some rapport when your greeting them or saying goodbye just open your arm and take a step forward and go in.

NEVER ASK FOR ANYTHING
Hugs, Kiss, Sex NO