Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it really only a small amount of men understand women?

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I often hear people and books claim that only a small number of men understand women. This number has ranged from something as small as 3% to 20% but I can't help but feel this is a lie. I see guys everywhere I go with gf's yet I'm like one of the only few guys without a gf. It feels like everyone learnt game but I somehow was left out of this for over a decade and are now suddenly playing catchup. I have met up with and see a tonne of pick up artists here in Toronto somewhere in the hundreds. If only a small number of men know women, then why is it that almost everywhere I go everyone seems to have a girl around their arms but mines are empty?

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because a guy has a girl doesn't mean he understands women through and through. When I was an AFC I still was able to land a chick and thought I knew everything, only to fumble the ball - badly.

Forget about silly statistics and what everyone else knows or doesn't know. Worry about yourself and what you know. Keep learning and I guarantee you will be in the extreme minority of men who get it.

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thunder_god said:
I see guys everywhere I go with gf's yet I'm like one of the only few girls without a gf.
Wrong forum?

:whistle:

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All you need is decent social skills to get a gf. Any average joe can stumble into a relationship. The quality of those relationships is the real test of a man's game.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing average guys seem to understand is, "girls like *******s and nice guys get screwed. That's about it for the majority. They don't know what to do about it, except become a real ******* - and I mean a bitter man with a true hatred of women - which typically doesn't work in their favor. They don't see the forest for the trees. They don't understand why women like the qualities found in jerks, but not necessarily the jerks themselves. They only see a portion of the picture.

Of course, a nice guy (the majority of men today) can still get laid, and can still find themselves in relationships. The thing is, those relationships don't last. So, yes only a small minority of men truly understand (if you want to use that word) women.

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eph said:
Of course, a nice guy (the majority of men today) can still get laid, and can still find themselves in relationships. The thing is, those relationships don't last. So, yes only a small minority of men truly understand (if you want to use that word) women.
A guy I know from school who is ultra-beta, I mean beta to the core, has been married since 2001 now. He has two kids with his wife. This guy has been wanting to be married since he was a kid. He got engaged at 15 to some hor (till she cheated on him) and proposed to at least one other before he found someone desperate to marry him. Now I remember, he also cheated on his first girlfriend. I still can't believe he had it in him.

Genos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Espi, i dunno man, I think it's a dangerous road if you go on the path of starting to think "women are such an enigma, no one knows they're thinking, it's the 8th wonder of the world, I can't try to figure it out"

This mentality is something i bought into for a long time, and it's what society implicitly has fed us since we were young.

The reality of the situation is, yes, women are the more emotional of the two sexes. But that doesn't mean that their emotions don't follow some logical rules and general principles. Learning what motivates them, drives them, attracts them, etc. can be very powerful. And really, this applies to any group of people, and even individuals. Learn about those around you - seek to understand others, and your social awareness and observational skills in interpersonal interaction will skyrocket.

I'm no expert, but since I've taken on the journey of trying to understand everyone around me (particularly women), I've seen better results in my general social game.

Here's an interesting blog post - take note of how he cold reads at the beginning of the article. One day I want to be at that level where I can tell that much about a person before even speaking to them; and after speaking to them, possibly know them better than they themselves XD. http://www.solvemygirlproblems.com/2011/07/lock-stock-and-two-smoking-barrels/

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all you really need to know about women is that they never say what they mean, and what they do say, is usually one of about 30 ways to say the same thing(how many ways can a girl turn down a date with you that means that she just doesn't want to go? exactly)

jimmy18

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is OK to seek to understand the skills required to pick up women IN GENERAL. But you should never try to understand/overanalyse a certain girl's actions or words, as that road only ever leads to misery. Simply observing a woman's behavior towards you will tell you all that you need to know regarding whether she is worth keeping around.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1764969&postcount=4

Pook said:
Do not try to get into a woman's head. I've done so and I've wasted countless time in the process. Women are meant to be loved, not understood. If you understand them, you can never love them. So choose to love them; it's a happier life than that of a dried up philosopher.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, anyone get a get a girlfriend. I could have one now if I liked fatties.

I think what you mean is why don't I have a HOT girlfriend?

Look, many guys I know have girlfriends. But most of them I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. Some guys have really fat wives and they stay together for years. I'm sorry, but I'd rather be single.

I'm willing to hold out for a while to find a girl who I actually like. That's going to mean that I'll be single for a while. I could have fvcked hundreds of girls by now but I chose not to.

It is not hard for me to find A girlfriend. To find a quality girlfriend who's good looking and smart? That's very difficult. That's why I get made fun of on this forum - for not having a "high lay count". But any guy who has fvcked tons of women probably has really low standards. only celebs get to fvck tons of hot women on the reg.

thunder_god - don't ever think you're less of a man for not having a GF. Many guys with gfs have to deal with their PMS and b!tching all the time and probably want out. To find a girl who you actually like for more than 6 weeks is hard, which is why being single can be pretty normal.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
who said you had to understand a woman to get laid.

Just because you understand how to build a car engine doesn't mean you automatically drive a ferrari lol

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My 2 cents: logically, women are not hard to get. However, the problems arise when a man's ego convinces him to believe that the way in which women are don't apply to him. For example: all guys know women think emotionally more so than with what I'll call "guy logical brain stuff", and yet a guy will think when a woman is going through an emotional issue with him that he can be the ONE guy who will FINALLY be able to use his logical powers on her as a means to get her to see his point. Why? Again, ego. So, when it doesn't happen, he can't understand why she's still mad or doesn't get it, and the only conclusion he can come to in the moment is "I guess I don't understand women!" Uh, no, you DO understand them, but you're not allowing your knowledge about women to effect how you interact with them because you think YOU are the exception that will change the way she operates. It won't.

crazyboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There no need to understand women this less you try see what they're thinking and just act on your intuition better off you be. like that pook quote up there. just love them who they are and keep it moving you have an easier life with women anyways lol