Is it possible to have an alcohol free high school party?

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking of having a pool party sometime over the summer. The thing is my parents are consistently home, and the neighbors are rats. My parents would let me have people over, but theres no way they'd let me and my friends drink.

Is it bad that I don't think my friends and I could honestly have a good time without alcohol?

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just have no alcohol outside and if you drink you have to be in like basement or something. I guess also if your not totally wasted you can go outside just dont hav ealcohol outside with your neighbors.

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
navyseal2101 said:
Just have no alcohol outside and if you drink you have to be in like basement or something. I guess also if your not totally wasted you can go outside just dont hav ealcohol outside with your neighbors.
Between my neighbors, my parents, my sister and my grandmother living next door alcohols not really an option.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its perfectly possible. I've gone to more non alcohol parties in the last 4 years then other parties. Especially if its a pool party. It should be fine. Are you and your friends used to non stop drinking parties? It might be weird then, but its possible to have a fun party without alcohol

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make sure you have food though! Grill out with some hamburgers and hotdogs. Food is really the key ingredient.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheNewGuy said:
I'm thinking of having a pool party sometime over the summer. The thing is my parents are consistently home, and the neighbors are rats. My parents would let me have people over, but theres no way they'd let me and my friends drink.

Is it bad that I don't think my friends and I could honestly have a good time without alcohol?
I feel your insecurity; I would have worried about it too at your age.

Truth is, yes I agree its perfectly ok. Just make it plainly clear to your invitees that it will be a non-alcoholic party and if they ask why, just tell them the truth, and say "I hope you can make it" with a genuine smile.

But yeah sure, I don't have to have alcohol at a party to have a good time! Like the mod said, have some good grilled food and drink! If you cook it, they will come!

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. I'll invite some close friends and tell them to bring some friends and so on. None of this random people showing up because they heard about a party ****.

Mjazz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its situations like these they invented the pre-game for.

But seriously i wouldnt really think of it as a party party, more like a get together, but yeah it sounds like a lot of fun and people will definitely come if theres food

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No,it's not possible to have an alcohol free "party", but it's definitely possible to have an alcohol free "get together". Make sure you specify that it is a get together so people don't show up drunk.

Dark Chivalry

Don Juan
Reaction score
How about just calling it a pool BBQ and invite some girls who look good in a bikini?

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dark Chivalry said:
How about just calling it a pool BBQ and invite some girls who look good in a bikini?
That was more or less the plan. :up:

I honestly can't wait to see the look on my dad's face when a dozen hot girls in bikinis walk through my house. I have a feeling his view of me is still the introverted, insecure 15 year old I once was.

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been to parties without alcohol before. Also i see why my previous post wouldnt work sry. I think it could be fun as long as you dont invite AFCs, they may make things boring by making the ladies bored, of course you could stand out then.

baller1985

Banned
Reaction score
alcohol is for night parties, not pool parties

u gonna have drunk people swimming in the water or something? yeaa thats safe

especialyl since drinking makes you wanna take a piss, people will be pissing in your pool.

The only pool parties with alcohol are the ones at resorts during Spring Break