Is it possible to get back in the game without social media?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is it a necessity these days to be successful in the game?
I don't think that it is. You have the opportunity today to find new women without either using social media or swipe apps. On swipe apps, you're just another penis among a sea of penis for women.

Finding new women from real life methods can be very time consuming. A lot of people who haven't done it underestimate how much time it actually takes.

Depends what age range of women you're looking at picking up ?

Unfortunately most older millennial women in their 30's that are single will have been at the tail end of the social media craze , they see the 20 something girls getting shed loads of free attention and naturally want a slice of it
I am a 40 year old man who has typically dealt with women within 5 years of my own age.

Women who are 35-40 years old today have spent their entire lives with social media. Both Facebook and MySpace launched in 2004, when these women were around 18 or so. I think a lot of people now forget how big of a deal Facebook was for university students in 2004-2006 when it was university students only. Women born in 1983-1988 were going through this if they were in college in the mid-2000s. MySpace exploded big time to everyone in 2004-2005 and then faded around 2008-2009.

Women 35-40 years old today are nearly as social media obsessed as the women born in the 1990s/early 2000s.

A 35-40 year old woman today that is single and has never been married is likely active on the personal social media platforms and also has a LinkedIn page.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes

I use IG for my business and FB to stay in touch w/relatives who aren't on IG, that's about it.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
As a 42 year old heterosexual man having been married for the past 17 years and missing the whole social media explosion, I have no online presence and really don’t want any? I don’t get it, I hate taking pictures of myself, and don’t like broadcasting my personal business to the world. Personally, I think it’s narcissistic and gay. I was always decent at getting phone numbers and spinning plates in my single days. But is it a necessity these days to be successful in the game?
I do not see why not. However, there might be some trepidation on the females from the millennial and gen z generations since they've basically lived their lives online.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not see why not. However, there might be some trepidation on the females from the millennial and gen z generations since they've basically lived their lives online.
That's exactly who @JBagz will be dealing with in his forthcoming interactions since he is an early Millennial.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
That's exactly who @JBagz will be dealing with in his forthcoming interactions since he is an early Millennial.
Well, then he's going to have to fake it until he makes it. Take pictures doing interesting things and hanging out with different types of people. It shows you have social proof that people want to be around you. This is simple to do as you can take pics when you go to meetups which travel or go to bar crawls. When everyone is having a good time, snap some pics and upload them to the Insta. As for followers, start tagging interesting sh!t and people will follow you. One can also go to Fiverr and have someone manage your Insta account and make it grow with followers and appropriate tagging. It will cost some dough, about 100 bucks or so, but if you want to build up the crowd, you have to play the game.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a 42 year old heterosexual man having been married for the past 17 years and missing the whole social media explosion, I have no online presence and really don’t want any? I don’t get it, I hate taking pictures of myself, and don’t like broadcasting my personal business to the world. Personally, I think it’s narcissistic and gay. I was always decent at getting phone numbers and spinning plates in my single days. But is it a necessity these days to be successful in the game?
Unless it adds to your overall presentation it doesn't make sense.

You should /could've built a somewhat decent following just by the people you know. But never forget its just another way for a woman to disqualify you.

Prepare for some odd situation to happen now you're back in the game. It's DEFINITELY not how it used to be 20 years ago...

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think that it is. You have the opportunity today to find new women without either using social media or swipe apps. On swipe apps, you're just another penis among a sea of penis for women.

Finding new women from real life methods can be very time consuming. A lot of people who haven't done it underestimate how much time it actually takes.
Not at all time consuming takes less than 5 mins to approach a woman you like and gauge initial interest , if she's interested you will know because she will ask you questions and the conversation will flow if she isn't the conversation will fall dead and you can leave theres nothing time consuming about it

If the conversation is flowing you can chat a little bit longer and get contact details , then you just have to hope you made a good impression and your texting / IG game is tight you will get a date and maybe sex

I know I have done it a few times this summer , been laid twice from cold approach and once from a swipe app so the stats speak for themselves

Men these days just aren't brave or bold and over complicate the process

Most normal women are as tired of swipe app interactions as we Are 9/10 they won't go anywhere .............women are craving REAL male interactions

Literally all you have to do is pick a woman who looks like she's within your ballpark and not be wierd

She will either respond positively or negatively

I can tell you now a positive interaction with a woman you have cold approached is one of the most exhilarating experiences a man can have its akin to modern day hunting

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not at all time consuming takes less than 5 mins to approach a woman you like and gauge initial interest , if she's interested you will know because she will ask you questions and the conversation will flow if she isn't the conversation will fall dead and you can leave theres nothing time consuming about it

If the conversation is flowing you can chat a little bit longer and get contact details , then you just have to hope you made a good impression and your texting / IG game is tight you will get a date and maybe sex

I know I have done it a few times this summer , been laid twice from cold approach and once from a swipe app so the stats speak for themselves

Men these days just aren't brave or bold and over complicate the process

Most normal women are as tired of swipe app interactions as we Are 9/10 they won't go anywhere .............women are craving REAL male interactions

Literally all you have to do is pick a woman who looks like she's within your ballpark and not be wierd

She will either respond positively or negatively

I can tell you now a positive interaction with a woman you have cold approached is one of the most exhilarating experiences a man can have its akin to modern day hunting
100%

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like it for contact closing

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have felt this. It happens.

It's not time consuming to do one approach if all you consider is the one approach. The problem is that most approaches fail so it might take dozens to even 50+ to get a date out of approaching. Then a certain percentage of dates fail to lead to anything, which leads to needing to do more approaches. To go from approach to solid girlfriend is time consuming.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have felt this. It happens.

It's not time consuming to do one approach if all you consider is the one approach. The problem is that most approaches fail so it might take dozens to even 50+ to get a date out of approaching. Then a certain percentage of dates fail to lead to anything, which leads to needing to do more approaches. To go from approach to solid girlfriend is time consuming.
We could say the same thing about OLD or social circle, night game etc.

If you need 50 approaches to get a date, you do something wrong.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a relationship between [accepting lack of social media presence] and [the age of person not using social media].

As in, someone in their 40s not having a social media presence wouldn't seem too far off-brand.

I'm 29. If I didn't have a social media presence (I don't), it would probably seem quite off-brand.

Thoughts?

JBagz

Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s simple when they ask you say “I have an account but I see no reason to share details of my life millions of people…”

If they have half a brain it causes them to stop and think and usually it starts a different conversation.

I guess it depends what you’re after if you want a little f-toy that would cry when her Internet connection is down, and be anxious about it, go for it.

I’d rather a woman that isn’t glued to her phone 24x7 and believe it or not, they do exist.
My wife is 40 and is glued to social media 24/7. She makes plans to go places just to post pictures and get her dopamine spikes from likes. She takes pictures of all her meals everyday. She never has time to clean up and cook, but spends hours on her phone.

She ruins every nice moment with taking pictures, and filming videos. Every time I see the phone come out I run the opposite direction. It’s a living nightmare and creates a lot of anger and anxiety

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wife is 40 and is glued to social media 24/7. She makes plans to go places just to post pictures and get her dopamine spikes from likes. She takes pictures of all her meals everyday. She never has time to clean up and cook, but spends hours on her phone.

She ruins every nice moment with taking pictures, and filming videos. Every time I see the phone come out I run the opposite direction. It’s a living nightmare and creates a lot of anger and anxiety
Have you asked her to just... not?

Sounds like you need a trip over to r/MarriedRedPill but they won't be gentle.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to build up an IG, wait until you gather s
I'm 29. If I didn't have a social media presence (I don't), it would probably seem quite off-brand.
I don't think you need social media to meet women and date them, regardless of your age.

Sounds like you didn't discuss boundaries before you married her. Have you talked with her about leaving her phone home (or even in her purse/pocket) when you're out together?

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I find fascinating is that when you do a cold approach on a woman and you do it well

Because its usually so rare for her she will give you a lot of bonus points if you let her relax around you

The majority of interactions attractive women have with men in the real world are either going to be boring or weird because men do tend to get very weird with attractive women either completely hiding their sexual interest or displaying far too much of it

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The majority of interactions attractive women have with men in the real world are either going to be boring or weird because men do tend to get very weird with attractive women either completely hiding their sexual interest or displaying far too much of it
It helps to date models for a while if only to inundate yourself to female beauty. When you understand how much of her 'beauty' is manufactured, you start viewing 'hot' women differently.

raven white crop top and pants tight pokies parking garage looking lost.jpeg

I'm rarely if ever impressed by a woman's appearance, so it's no big deal for me to have good interactions. When you stop trying to impress women, they start qualifying for you instead of the other way around.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm like you, social media really isn't my scene. I do alright but I won't pretend that a well run instagram page wouldn't make things a little easier. You just have to decide if it is worth the investment to set one up. And if you do decide to join IG, do it right. A half-ass low effort IG is the same as not having one as far as introducing you to new vagina.
There Is some advantage of not having it too.
Chicks cannot stalk you on the internet and also all they can do is to give out there numbers and not collect you as another dumb thirsty follower on their retarded IG.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It helps to date models for a while if only to inundate yourself to female beauty. When you understand how much of her 'beauty' is manufactured, you start viewing 'hot' women differently.
Lol I'll get right on that.

Another approach to this is to stop rating women 1-0 scale and start using the "boner test". If she gives you a boner, she's hot enough to flirt with. Makes it feel less pressuring.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another approach to this is to stop rating women 1-0 scale.
Rating people on a scale is stupid, creating an imaginary hierarchy based on subjective aesthetics.

... start using the "boner test". If she gives you a boner, she's hot enough to flirt with. Makes it feel less pressuring.
Much better to use 'attractive' and 'not attractive'. I don't always get an immediate boner just from looking at a woman, unless overly sexualised. But an attractive face / attitude is much more reliable than leaving the decision to my trouser snake. :cool: