"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Is it never a good idea to compliment alot?

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
I'm not talking about a cold approach, I'm talking about if you know this girl is a little insecure about her looks for some reason.

You compliment her often(not everyday, so shut up), to appeal to her vanity. thoughts?
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
968
Reaction score
3
Hey bootlegger, long time no see.

My last gf I constantly poured on the compliments to let her know how much I really thought of her. *cough afc cough* Of course she dumped me but now that I think of it she was really shallow and self centered. So whatever you do, don't compliment a self centered shallow girl.

Anyways your girl sounds insecure so maybe an occasional compliment would be okay. But maybe not until after you hook up with her? Afterall, you don't want her to start thinking of you as an "ass kissing wuss" right? She would never hook up with you then.]

If there is one thing I've learned about women, they hate wusses. And no I'm not really David Deangelo ;)
 

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
ever onward!! how the hell are you. One of my favorite posters.
Hope you're here to stay this time.
---


I was just thinking, about how many women get seduced b/c they never hear these compliments. I think this girl, does have low self esteem...

The one time I did compliment her, I got a great reaction. I got the DDB look, a huge smile, blushing. It just appeared she doesn't hear that stuff often.
 

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
if you compliment about looks this does not make her like you more. But if you agree with her if what she says is agreeable and tell her shes cool or you like her (not as fancy) then she well actuly like you more for saying it! as long as you do not say it too much or for no reason.
 

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2004
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome, Italy
The one time I did compliment her, I got a great reaction. I got the DDB look, a huge smile, blushing. It just appeared she doesn't hear that stuff often.
That's great, do it once in a while, 'cause you're not gonna get this kind of reaction if you do it all the time, it's gonna seem insincere.
Women aren't stupid, you're talking to her, that indicates interest, the interest you're showing speaks for a thousand compliments, even for an insecure girl.

So, answering the main question
"Is it never a good idea to compliment alot?"
Yes.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
968
Reaction score
3
ever onward!! how the hell are you. One of my favorite posters.
Hope you're here to stay this time.
Dude I haven't left the board! I haven't seen YOU around in forever.

onward,
 

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
310
Reaction score
9
Location
England
Compliments can show confidence if they're done in the right way, after all, a lot of people simply are afraid to tell a girl they think she's nice looking.

Obviously if you're drooling at the mouth whilst complimenting her, she's probably going to think you're weird, as well as being a wuss.

Just the same way as if you always succomb to little tests like,

"I am I better looking than her?"

I made quite a good compliment the other day actually, I was talking to a girl at College about hot celebritys, and she asked me if I preferred Britney Spears or some other singer, can't remember who.

I said Britney because I prefer blondes, the girl who I was talking to was a natural blonde.

It got a straight reaction as well, smiling and blushing.

This paticular girl had actually being asking me previously whether or not I thought she was nice looking, I never gave her a straight answer so she was more desperate to know, I suppose.

If you make girls work for compliments then you'll find they're far more appreciated.
 

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
658
Reaction score
1
Age
59
Location
Spokane, WA
If you make girls work for compliments then you'll find they're far more appreciated.
Agreed. The only way your compliments will have meaning is if she has to earn them, and even then use them sparingly.

Think of compliments like currency. You reward her for good behavior, but you don't over-pay her.

Compliments can show confidence if they're done in the right way
Not only that but your compliments have much more weight if done the right way.

It has to do with how well respected and liked you are by those around you, what sort of image you project, and what the rapport level is with whom you are complimenting.

Knowing when, where and how to compliment is an art form itself!
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by LuisGarcia10


I said Britney because I prefer blondes, the girl who I was talking to was a natural blonde.

Britney isn't a natural blonde and is constantly changing her hair color. If you preferred blondes and you were talking about singers Jessica Simpson would've been better. Not that this is important at all, just felt the need to point it out.:D
 

klaz

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Ireland
One Main Note: I'm NOT a DJ.

hoever i would say, avoid compliments. It puts you into the friendship[ category unless your kino is amazing. I'm a friendship victim. Compliments are the yellow brick road towards being a "friend". And u won't get sex that way. Belive me.


However, random compliments work. Target jewellery, clothes etc, and its a Boon to your conversation.

hope that helps somehow. Altough you're probably gettin more sex than i am, Hehe.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top