Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it mandatory to wear a helmet in your country?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no second meaning, I'm talking about safety helmets for motorbike drivers.

Personally I realize that a helmet is a safety measure and can save lifes in certain cases but at the same time Im kinda fed up of living a second tier experience when it comes of enjoying a ride.

Is it mandatory in your country and if so are there strict standards to follow?

I believe people looking for safety should stick to a car while guys looking for freedom should be free to take their risks.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Don’t risk it.
In 2009 after my do-rag only HD FXSTC wreck I spent about 40 days in a hospitalized coma, 6-8 weeks in an assisted living atmosphere as I learned to walk, talk, remember things, and convert from stomach tube to feeding myself again, then 2 months of what I think of as brain retraining school. After that, another 2-3 years of normal living until I felt mentally right again.
Your mind is the most important part of your existence, without it you have Nothing.…
Something to think about

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no second meaning, I'm talking about safety helmets for motorbike drivers.

Personally I realize that a helmet is a safety measure and can save lifes in certain cases but at the same time Im kinda fed up of living a second tier experience when it comes of enjoying a ride.

Is it mandatory in your country and if so are there strict standards to follow?

I believe people looking for safety should stick to a car while guys looking for freedom should be free to take their risks.
I've been riding cafe racers exclusively for years now, and there is no way in hell I would ride my bike or any bike without a helmet. Mandatory or not.

You have to realize that you are literally gliding through hard-solid pavement anywhere between 20-100mph on average depending on what type of bike you are riding. Your body, especially your skull/brain, is in no way shape, or form able to withstand any type of contact with solid materials at that speed. Even in a car, in which you are surrounded by metal and airbags, you still die or get heavily injured. Imagine on a bike where you are so exposed.

To answer your question, anywhere in the U.S. helmets are required. Occasionally I see the typical tough guy riding a Harley without a helmet thinking they look cool or at too tough. I just wish nothing ever happens to them, because if you have any chance, any chance at all, it will be your helmet (and other gear) that will give you that chance.

Anyway, if you are a rider yourself, stay safe out there. Cheers.

Modern Man Advice

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Daring,
You should worry,in Australia we even have to wear helmets on push bikes!

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just moved to the Midwest US Kansas. Helmets NOT mandatory. Where I escaped from was heavy traffic mixed with inconsiderate stressed out azzholes. I believe a helmet is highly advised, and you get fined without one.

Here in Ks in the small towns, I see riders without helmets enjoying themselves. But they're not dealing with idiots and there's no traffic so it seems more about policing yourself which I like.

Me: 40+years racing. Not having a helmet on is just weird. Mountain bikes, I like a helmet for the sun visor, sun protection, bug protection, ducking through scrub. And crashing. "and eye protection".

Motorcycles= where do I start? Sun visor, glare protection, warmth, wind burn, noise buffeting, eyes not tearing up.
Ever have a bee or a June-bug splatter you in the face at 75? Helmets save life's!

Helmet story: I'm in a race "off-road" noise dust hard charging. (next thing) its completely quiet, clear blue sky and Denise-Rescue-3 is over me gently removing my goggles while I lay there looking up. She told me later that the first thing I said to her was "are you an angel?" I guess I was loopy.

Last edited:

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hate wearing helmets.

without a helmet would already be dead.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t risk it.
In 2009 after my do-rag only HD FXSTC wreck I spent about 40 days in a hospitalized coma, 6-8 weeks in an assisted living atmosphere as I learned to walk, talk, remember things, and convert from stomach tube to feeding myself again, then 2 months of what I think of as brain retraining school. After that, another 2-3 years of normal living until I felt mentally right again.
Your mind is the most important part of your existence, without it you have Nothing.…
Something to think about
Tuffer than a boot sole. I tip my hat.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched my uncle go through a trail surrounded by trees, he caught his head on every single tree going full throttle while hammered **** I've never saw so much blood.

In most falls, to be honest whether you have a helmet on or not is not going to matter much until you land on your head... Not all of us are Brock Lesnar, this video is nuts.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Zimbabwe,
"We need to wear a helmet while you run"...Never heard that one,I am amazed,that might apply to me?...The Nanny State is completely out of control,this in the race that were the first to turn the Japs in New Guinea,and that with a significant component of young Lads pressganged off the Streets of Sydney three weeks before!