Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it just me or has online dating going down the tubes?

channingtatum

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I first started using Match, PO, and OKC about 5 years ago, I was killing it. I live in Miami and often, I had too many prospects than I could handle. My looks are still the same, my profile is still solid, and my game has stayed solid too. For the past year though, the quantity of decent women on there as dropped significantly, the amount of flakes is way up, and it's plain harder to get anything good going. I feel as if Tinder and apps like that have ruined online dating - it went from a girl investing a little time to making a nice profile and emailing guys back and forth, setting up dates, to "swipe left, swipe right..I just love the attention". I thought it was just a fluke but it's consistently getting worse. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

Lozboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup.

Don't bother with online. If you do use it looking for a LTR then hit up the ones that take effort

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I hooked up 3 solid 7s for LTR off OLD in the past. Now I m covered in flakes. the dating scene generally seems to have gone to the pack in the last 10 years. you have to go multi channel now and always be on where ever you go.

channingtatum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup.

Don't bother with online. If you do use it looking for a LTR then hit up the ones that take effort
I've never mind putting in effort, it just seems all the decent ones are going elsewhere...and where elsewhere is, I'm not sure.

Agreed. I hooked up 3 solid 7s for LTR off OLD in the past. Now I m covered in flakes. the dating scene generally seems to have gone to the pack in the last 10 years. you have to go multi channel now and always be on where ever you go.
That's the same realization I've started to come to. I don't mind day/night game, online dating was just so easy, especially when you're strapped for time starting a business.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tender made looks all what matter , beside that now every one has these applications installed on their phone, so it really become meaningless to any one want something serious. I noticed most of them know chat with you until you ask for number or date then they go invisible.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I first started using Match, PO, and OKC about 5 years ago, I was killing it. I live in Miami and often, I had too many prospects than I could handle. My looks are still the same, my profile is still solid, and my game has stayed solid too. For the past year though, the quantity of decent women on there as dropped significantly, the amount of flakes is way up, and it's plain harder to get anything good going. I feel as if Tinder and apps like that have ruined online dating - it went from a girl investing a little time to making a nice profile and emailing guys back and forth, setting up dates, to "swipe left, swipe right..I just love the attention". I thought it was just a fluke but it's consistently getting worse. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?
Yes over the past few years, I've been striking out a lot more on online meet ups. I came to the conclusion that the whole OLD world probably didn't change that much, and if I'm striking out that means the females are choosing to hook up with some other SOB, so I concluded it was mostly me. I concluded that my looks must have changed as I've aged past my 30s.

Lozboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can only talk as a 27 year old who has dated a lot and has triple digit tally.

I find older women are looking for something more serious (29-32) but that's for obviously reasons. Younger women are flakes on the whole.

I want to impart some simple advice for you regarding OLD (having used Pof, okcupid, tinder, bumble and happn). It's all about looks.

That means you get your body on point! That means having great photos. That means smiling and having photos showing you as a fun person who does lots of cool stuff.

Online dating is about aesthetics, when you pick up in person you can get away with not being as good because of your game/confidence/humour (things that are hard to portray well on OLD)

Married Buried

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't give up i found my gf of 2 years online right after i got divorced from cheater. I think she is a good one. They still exist.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Its not the dating site its YOU....you will manifest in your life what you want. but yeah POF is full of whales (everybody knows that) OKC I didnt know people still used that. It is honestly all about TINDER. And its superficial as fuk. your better off living your life and being as alpha as possible and meet your bish in real life somewhere.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all about looks.

Despite what women and the stupid "site suggestions for men" will tell you, shirtless pics are your best bet. You have to back it up though, with a six pack. Your looks are the only thing that matters online.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the thing about OLD that makes me laugh. Guys have to be at their tip top physically but I see the same old type of broads on there. The young single mom that's in panic mode because the dude that knocked her up hauled ass, the girl that is drinking in all of her pics (hello lush that's banged everyone in all the bars), the fatso's, the girls that are cute but when you get to reading their profile they weird as fvck. It's like going to a buy here pay here car lot and expecting a brand new shiny sports car, but all you see is sh!t that's ragged out with a ton of miles but yet commands a high price.

Sprayarc

Banned
Reaction score
This makes prefect sense.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Fvck OLD

The majority of biatches on OLD are defective. The bottom of the barrel. They are either
socially retarded or physically defective. Look at it this way....it's easy for the average woman
to get laid/meet a guy.....because generally when they're out and about they are getting hit on...

So you have to ask yourself why aren't these biatches capable of meeting anybody in real??!!!!

Why are they online??? why are they not meeting people in real??? because they are defective bottom of the barrel ****e....

The problem also with OLD is that it was originally created for betas that can't meet women in real.....and just like on social media sites it's saturated with beta fvcks who are complimenting the fvck out of these defective biatches and thus giving them an overflated, exagerated opinion of themselves......fat whales thinking they are HB9's.......cross eyed Mary's thinking they are god's gift....

You'll always get the exception.......but generally I don't think it's worth the time suck.

Patience is a virtue, but we live in an instant society.

What kind of women are you after? Where/what kind of situations can you find her in real?

Last edited:

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvck OLD

The majority of biatches on OLD are defective. The bottom of the barrel. They are either
socially retarded or physically defective. Look at it this way....it's easy for the average woman
to get laid/meet a guy.....because generally when they're out and about they are getting hit on...

So you have to ask yourself why aren't these biatches capable of meeting anybody in real??!!!!

Why are they online??? why are they not meeting people in real??? because they are defective bottom of the barrel ****e....
Absolutely, the women are bottom of the barrel and completely undesirable. But the show stopper is the females go online dating to not just find someone they deserve or their equivalent, a bottom of the barrel male. No, they could get that easily in real life. Women go online to be even more hypergamous than they could in real life. It's the equivalent of a dive bar full of drunk, horny and desperate men hitting on anything and everything, except the men get the courage to 'approach' by simply logging on to the site. That's why you'll see many of the same women on OLD month after month, year after year riding the carousel, and they seem oblivious to the reality.

The problem also with OLD is that it was originally created for betas that can't meet women in real.....and just like on social media sites it's saturated with beta fvcks who are complimenting the fvck out of these defective biatches and thus giving them an overflated, exagerated opinion of themselves......fat whales thinking they are HB9's.......cross eyed Mary's thinking they are god's gift....
Yes, this goes to my paragraph above, but it's not just beta males feeding women's OLD super-hypergamy, but all the good looking guys who may even have some game who are willing to slum it with the old, fat and ugly for easy pvssy. I think this later group feeds and sustains the OLD female hypergamy even more than betas do. So fat whales get messaged by good looking ,smooth guys and the women think, "damn I must be able to attract hot guys like I want..I still got it yay! I'm not going to even bother with these 'average' looking guys" lol.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Here's the thing about OLD that makes me laugh. Guys have to be at their tip top physically but I see the same old type of broads on there. The young single mom that's in panic mode because the dude that knocked her up hauled ass, the girl that is drinking in all of her pics (hello lush that's banged everyone in all the bars), the fatso's, the girls that are cute but when you get to reading their profile they weird as fvck. It's like going to a buy here pay here car lot and expecting a brand new shiny sports car, but all you see is sh!t that's ragged out with a ton of miles but yet commands a high price.
Can someone else send this man a "like" please lol? The only thing I would change with this is to take out "OLD", and put in "this entire market of American women".

Sosuave is very much like the college system in this regard, they tell you to work on being the BEST you can be by picking up all of this education and doing the needed work on yourself, but they FAIL to tell you how ****ty the "job" market is.

This is the worse market of women in American history, fact. If you don't find a girl of decent quality it's OKAY. I've just settled in on spinning plates with these crazy, fickle, disloyal, DRAMA-FILLED, emotional pieces of shyt until they get too much to bare, then I replace them with another crazy, fickle, disloyal, DRAMA-FILLED, emotional piece of shyt until she gets too much to bare.....rinse, wash, repeat.

channingtatum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some interesting thoughts here. My pics are more or less the same, you can tell I'm in great shape. I do have a six pack, but I refuse to be a douche and throw up a shirtless pic - but perhaps I should living in a very vain city. I think 5 years ago OLD was still very new and many girls genuinely went on there to meet a guy. Now, they've discovered it's a source of attention outside of freaking Snapchat or IG. Sad, as I meet about 5 good LTRs off OLD in the past - solid girls, 8's. My day game is good, can always be better, but it just takes so much damn time to go out and prospect. I'm thinking of joining some volunteer groups or young professional groups to expand the good ol' social circle.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It could be numerical age is a factor in OLD now 5 years on. A lot of females will only go 5-7 years older, and some sites like POF don't allow more than 13 year age difference. I'm not sure how old you are but I know when my listed age was under 29 I had more decent matches in my search. Obviously the women were younger more and therefore more desirable but there are a lot more half decent women under 25 than older. The women online over 27 are mostly refuse.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely, the women are bottom of the barrel and completely undesirable. But the show stopper is the females go online dating to not just find someone they deserve or their equivalent, a bottom of the barrel male. No, they could get that easily in real life. Women go online to be even more hypergamous than they could in real life. It's the equivalent of a dive bar full of drunk, horny and desperate men hitting on anything and everything, except the men get the courage to 'approach' by simply logging on to the site. That's why you'll see many of the same women on OLD month after month, year after year riding the carousel, and they seem oblivious to the reality.

Yes, this goes to my paragraph above, but it's not just beta males feeding women's OLD super-hypergamy, but all the good looking guys who may even have some game who are willing to slum it with the old, fat and ugly for easy pvssy. I think this later group feeds and sustains the OLD female hypergamy even more than betas do. So fat whales get messaged by good looking ,smooth guys and the women think, "damn I must be able to attract hot guys like I want..I still got it yay! I'm not going to even bother with these 'average' looking guys" lol.
Totally.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/index.php?threads/old-is-not-the-domain-of-a-don-juan.228954/

Moy_1974

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used online dating from March 2013 - August 2015 and in that time it did nothing but destroy my self-confidence to the point where I am now no longer interested in women anymore as I genuinely believe that 'm not good enough for anybody.

Main problems:

1. I'm 5ft 8ins in height. I received a LOT of hate for this. I saw so many profiles with "Don't message me if you're under 6ft" etc. and I even saw fat women with the "Real men love curves" meme as part of their photo gallery parroting the "no midgets" (midget being any man under 6ft) mantra.

2. The absolute entitlement of the women on these sites. They receive so many messages from thisrty simps that their ego is boosted off the charts. Even the most average of Plain Janes soon believes that she is now a HB8-9 deserving of only the best, and woe betide any man who dares to message her if he dosen't fit her criteria!

3. The double standards. Fat women demanding men who are in shape, and who have no problem in shaming men under 6ft, even if they're 5ft 1 and 200+ lbs themselves.

4. Grannies in their mid 50s (I'm 41) expecting men 10+ years thir junior.

It was ridiculous. All I saw was a procession of narcissistic, spoilt brats demanding Brad Pitt when they had little or nothing to offer themselves.
Obese single moms on welfare demanding a 6ft Christian Grey type. Women who look like Chris Farley demanding a man who looks like Chris Hemsworth.
I was called all kinds of insults for my appearance and height, despite lifting 4 times a week and having a physique that a lot of guys ten years my junior would be happy with. Two years. No dates. A string of insults. I walked away in the end.