Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it ever ok to be labeled a NICE GUY?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just when you think you've shaken that nice guy monkey from your back, some chick(s) comes along and reminds you that you aren't cured.

A few weeks ago I went to pay my rent at the leasing office, where several chicas work. I talk to them all briefly from time to time, but nothing to the point where they could really formulate an opinon about me. I hand one of the girls the check and made some kind of comment to which she replies, "You're so nice!" with the long, drawn out, sickening pronunciation of the word "nice".

Then a week or so later I met a chick at a club. She was stuck to me like glue, complimenting me, showing her amazement of the fact that I am single, fondling my ass, you name it. Then I see her the next week, pretty much the same situation except this time she has to drop the "NG" bomb. Ugh.

So last night we run into some girls we met the week before. My buddy opened them by saying something stupid, I don't remember what. For some reason he is on this "say whatever" kick. So he is basically acting like an ass around them. Didn't stop them from hanging out with him, but they kept telling me "We don't like him, we like you, you're a nice guy". (puke) They kept saying they think he's a player, blah, blah.

Both times I heard this in the club the girls were saying this but at the same time they were grinding their asses all over my D. They were obviously attracted to me. It's not like I was hearing it from a girl I've spent the last six months trying to get with.

So, I know being called nice isn't a good thing, but in situations such as above where they are drawing their conclusions on limited interactions, is the dreaded NG label not such an insult?

I mean, it isn't like I've built up a reputation for kissing up to these women by buying them drinks and crap. Hell, if I wrote every word I've ever spoken to all three combined it probably wouldn't be half as long as this post. So what gives?

jlujan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Off course, women want a man, a real man, and a real man is not an azzhole, azzholes are insecure men who show their frustrations by acting like idiots.

A man that manages to be confident about himself, shows hes in charge, is fun and funny to be around and its cool and not an azz, is a definite DJ.

LouieVaton Don

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It could be that you listen when they talk, that you say please and thank you.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jlujan
A man that manages to be confident about himself, shows hes in charge, is fun and funny to be around and its cool and not an azz, is a definite DJ.
Thats the thing. These girls saw that I was cool and fun to be around, not an ass. There really had no basis to hit me with the NG thing, cause I didn't kiss up to them or anything.

I guess women can have more than one meaning when they make that comment, depending upon the situation. It isn't always the kiss of death.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't sweat it ...

It's strictly a matter of context.

It looks like they were comparing you in a positive light to someone they viewed negatively. As long as they don't treat you like "one of the girls," it's OK.

htemorp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To me when a girl says i am nice, it's like saying I am boring and lack entertainment. I think I am more offended by people saying I am nice than anything else...

I am a f*cking as*hole, now that's what I like to hear.

vdk

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I am a f*cking as*hole, now that's what I like to hear."
If you gonna think like that you are no LTR material. Sure you might get the chicks but they or you will eventually dump them within 6months.

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is where i see that nice can have two meanings for women. As long as you dont smother a girl or put her on pedestals like those wussy guys...youre ok. Let me give you an example of what happened to me once...

I was out with a girl and i told her that im supposed to walk on the outside of the curb. We were walking to the retsurant and i just pulled her to the inside of the curb without saying another word. So she then looks at me with a smile and says, "wow...youre a nice guy". What she was really saying was that "i feel protected around you", which is a good thing.

The problem i see is that people dont use the right words sometimes. See, a girl knows that she dosent like thise guys that she can control but she still says she "wants a nice guy". Notice that as women grow older, they stop using the word "nice". So, we usually hear this from younger girls who dont know how to term what they like. We guys (DJ's more specifically) have already attached some negative connotation with the word "nice". Consequently, when we hear that word, we feel the need to detach ourselves from it. The irony is that what she may mean is not "nice" in the way we use it but in the way she knows that describes how we term DJ.

thejuice

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are phrases I hear all the time:

"Ah, that's so sweet!"
"I LOVE you!"
"Thanks, sweetie/babe/honey."

I notice it comes almost exclusively from women who themselves are very nice, sweet. Nice people like nice people.

Also, I notice I never got nearly as much admiration before I began trying to improve my appearance. The vast majority of women used to be predisposed to feeling either neutral or nothing for me, and so rightfully during that time hearing "nice" or "sweet" shattered wine glasses.

Currently, I as much as possible try to play upon being the nice guy I genuinely am. I stick to just a few ground rules, thanks to this site. Also, I occasionally like to play against type by dressing like a punk while coming off as very nice; Tough + Soft; it's an interesting duality.

So, with all this said...
I know being called nice isn't a good thing.
You can get that stigma out of your mind. Women LOVE nice guys, but we all know what type of nice guy they don't, which dominates discussion on this board. Oddly enough, I practically never actually hear the word 'nice'; if anything, it's always 'sweet'. Also, even back in my chump days, only once did I ever hear "You're such a nice guy".

Something tells me women make a distinction between nice and sweet.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh god! Thats so terrible! I can't believe you got called nice!

You should next time go and beat the sh*t out of those women and their mothers, so they won't call you nice again!

htemorp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I do hope I have more to offer, and somehow my personality can kick in after we been together for a while. But as a start, I rather be consider a jerk than a nice guy.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna be str8up with ya ;)!

When you treat a woman WELL, they will respond and say things, like "you are such a nice guy.",

Then later :
her: You're such an *******.
Me: But you like it, so why are you complaining??? ;)
her: *smiling* blah

Just to say that there is nothing wrong with being called a nice guy, if you are in control. Control is (I believe) a big part of the difference between the nice guy and the jerk.

Also, in your examples; the being called a nice guy was clearly a stroke to your ego. Did you stop progressing with these women after being called the nice guy? Or did you stop in your tracks, and instantly turn yourself into a friend? Man, that sucks when you don't realize untill it's too late that you ruined a perfectly good opportunity. It all comes down to fear, but that is another story.

It also sounds like your buddy is just making a fool of himself and being obnoxious. Obnoxiousness, loudness, is not confidence, more often it is a form of insecurity.

If a chick is all over you : ANYTHING THAT SHE SAYS THAT CAN BE TAKEN IN A GOOD WAY IS MEANT IN A GOOD WAY!

Reaction score
i'm not a nice guy.........i'll kill you, and your mom and then toke a bowl afterwards......he he jk...........you don't want to a be a nice guy, you wanna be a great guy!

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You be taking it to literally Str8. You have to remember context, its like the discussions newbies post about what is AFC and what isnt. If you think like that you are still and AFC so no matter what you do it will be AFC. Its the same thing with the nice guy stuff. If your a gentleman but also aggressive within reason she will think your nice, but at the same time want you to use her ass as a hat.

Just remember context my boyo and you will be fine :D

PiNkMaGGiT

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a difference in being nice and being a "nice guy". For instance the other I was macking on this chick that I've been working on for about a month (she's a HB9.5 seriously, so I'm takin it slower than I normally would)... and she jokingly said that I was mean... I replied by saying that "no, I'm nice, I'm just not a 'nice guy'". She flashed me one of those awesome smiles and agreed and said "you have the best of both worlds cause you're an awesome person but you're not a loser like so many other "nice" guys." That cleared up the debate in my mind about the nice guy stuff... It's cool to be a nice person, I would never want to be an azzhole, as long as you don't be a puzzy nice guy. And we all know thats pretty much just an AFC.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't take anything a woman says literally, remember.

Though I'll admit that I always get a big smile on my face when a girl playfully calls me a jerk :D

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is kinda funny....being always told I was too nice when I was younger, then later in life coming to the realization that this part of my personality was at least partially responsible for keeping me from my full potential with women I automatically assumed that women only had one meaning for the words "nice guy". Now that I look at it from a different perspective (not hearing it from someone I've known for awhile) I can see that it isn't necessarily the end of the world.

Maybe more like an early warning. I still don't see any good coming from giving them ANY kind of reason to label you in that way though.

Its the same thing with the nice guy stuff. If your a gentleman but also aggressive within reason she will think your nice, but at the same time want you to use her ass as a hat.
See, I don't think a woman is going to label you in that way if you ARE agressive enough. She's either not going to label you of it's going to be something other than "nice". It's almost like no matter what it is a sign that you need to be stepping it up. Maybe next time I hear that I need to do something to change her opinion of me.

Come to think of it, right before the chicks made that comment to me last night my buddy grabbed one of the girls ass. She turned around and gave him the death stare but I know she was diggin the attention (she was the married one in the group...you know she needs affirmation that she's attractive). I walked over a minute later and said to her, "you know I don't condone that kind of behavior" jokingly. After that they were pretending to be disgusted and ignore him. I hit the boys room and before I could get back out on the floor the little asian chick I was grooving with most of the night found me and pulled me back over to them.

Alright it's settled. From now on if I hear that I know I need to be stepping it up, but depending upon the situation it doesn't necessarily mean the death sentence.

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats the spirit Bud. You have to realize I dont always mean literally exactly what I say. When you start hearing nice comments you just have to either play with it or step up the level of bad assery.

calvran

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was called conceited a few nights ago. That one made me really happy.
Her : blah blah blah you didn't call me
Me : I didn't say I would, I said I might.
Her: Well, I thought you would, you ruined my night.
Me : I didn't make you sit around all night waiting for me to call.
Her : You honestly think I sat around all night waiting for you to call?
Me: I know you did.
Her : You're conceited!
Me: I'm not conceited, it's true!

However, her cute friend called me boring, because I got my ice cream in a cup, not a cone.

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You *****. Eat out of a cone or get out of my country. unless your american, then stay there.