Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is intelligence truly attractive?

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, intelligence is attractive but where it falls on a person's scale of preference differs. Personally I prefer being with a moderately attractive but intelligent girl to being with a quite dumb hot girl

Instances would eventually come up where you realize looks is not all that matters

I think intelligence works best in situations where you don't need to say you are like topping your class or winning a competition. It would boost your chances with girls

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intelligence isn't sexy. Intuition is sexy.

When I was in the UK a local 15 year old girl was into me. She would help me take my car apart and expected nothing in return. She displayed almost psychic intuition; I would come across a bolt that needed loosening and she would hand me the relevant tool without me ever asking her. I would need the seat moving forward and before I'd even realised she was moving it forward for me.

We would have probably had the best sex ever.

I was 20, and tempted. She was cute and busty even at 15. I was scared of getting her pregnant, as I wasn't infertile yet. I was also scared of the legal consequences if she suddenly stopped liking me. She ended up getting pregnant a couple years later.

As for girls finding intelligent guys sexy, no chance. Again, intuition probably helps. If he's already hot and popular of course. Otherwise forget it.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find people with an agenda hate people with intelligence. They fear smart people will see right through them and expose them. People who have no agenda and just want to live and let live find intelligence refreshing.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intelligence isn't sexy. Intuition is sexy.

When I was in the UK a local 15 year old girl was into me. She would help me take my car apart and expected nothing in return. She displayed almost psychic intuition; I would come across a bolt that needed loosening and she would hand me the relevant tool without me ever asking her. I would need the seat moving forward and before I'd even realised she was moving it forward for me.

We would have probably had the best sex ever.

I was 20, and tempted. She was cute and busty even at 15. I was scared of getting her pregnant, as I wasn't infertile yet. I was also scared of the legal consequences if she suddenly stopped liking me. She ended up getting pregnant a couple years later.

As for girls finding intelligent guys sexy, no chance. Again, intuition probably helps. If he's already hot and popular of course. Otherwise forget it.
Very intelligent women will tend to prefer an intelligent man.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When it comes to intelligence, men and women sink or rise to their own level. But the way the person wields the intelligence determines if it is attractive or not. "Mansplaining" something to a woman does not moisten panties. But being quick witted about a comment or observation sparks an interest in a woman. Can you describe what your career is about succinctly to a woman, and tell her about a challenging situation you dealt with at work without boring her? That takes intelligence to read her interest, and use terms she can relate to.
There are a number of smart people who are not intelligent. They don't wield it well. I once had a friend of a female I was chatting up exclaim to me "We get it, you're smart, just let it go ok?" I was either not calibrated in my approach or she was jealous that her friend was in to me. ( I prefer to think the latter)

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just looked up this dude from high school he was intelligent as most in my private college prep hs were. He used to do a lot of drugs was always chubby unathletic. My first ever joint was at his parents’ (money) house which was right next to the school. It was laced with what he called “Russian” didn’t know what that meant but I knocked me off of my feet as I was thinking your first time it’s not supposed to work. I thought I was dying.

anyway just looked him up last night and he’s surprisingly married with kids to a prominent real estate woman andshe’s hot n blonde with nice hooters. His pics you can see his boyish looks from our youth but the nasty hard drug use - mainly acid shows remnants there in his face namely his nose and eyes looks like a bird of some sort. Having connections helped him gain a family but also he could speak was intelligent though much of his life criminal without getting caught. Just think bronco or blazer-ridin high school kid with fuzzbusters beepers the first cellphones all these gadgets along with the dope in the suv.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men who are intelligent with credentials to match, do far better than their lesser educated rivals; a big reason for this is that a large sect of men are not attending post secondary, so any that do will be getting an even bigger increase in dating value than a normal dating climate.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Correct. I said I stand out amongst hot women. Not women...hot women. Agree 100%, lol.

Beauty and brains and a little sass does the trick.
Sounds like a good summary of my GF. Not gonna deny that her sexual attractiveness is a factor, but it's not the thing that keeps me around. It's the teamwork, the banter, and being able to effortlessly maintain interesting conversation. Those are things that make spending time together rewarding.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men who are intelligent with credentials to match, do far better than their lesser educated rivals; a big reason for this is that a large sect of men are not attending post secondary, so any that do will be getting an even bigger increase in dating value than a normal dating climate.
how does that work? how do you see/explain this one?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had my share of "dumb f*cks" and they had their purpose, but the older I get... the more I enjoy company while driving around or in the living room etc...

The one drawback from intelligent women though... is that they can appear feminine on the external side.. and are great conversationalist... but behavior wise... the more intelligent, the more androgynous.

In fairness, I think the same equation also applies to men. You'll notice that the ones that appear rather thick in the head seem to score quicker than the analytical types.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how does that work? how do you see/explain this one?
You have to compartimentalize Alpha and Beta, she needs qualities from both, a provider and a protector.

We talk about 20% of men, the minority, these are the men that possess qualities of both.

Intelligence is a quality of provision in our society, even though its viewed as a beta thing that doesnt make it any less necessary.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to compartimentalize Alpha and Beta, she needs qualities from both, a provider and a protector.

We talk about 20% of men, the minority, these are the men that possess qualities of both.

Intelligence is a quality of provision in our society, even though its viewed as a beta thing that doesnt make it any less necessary.
james bond; type

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@metalwater or you mean why men arent going to school? I wish i knew
easy, whose job it is to teach young men to go to school. those dudes are so very busy being alpha that they don't take care of responsibility.

<sarcasm>it is so sexy to not mentor your own son. The OLD profiles say no kids wanted. better ditch those cause it doesn't look good and find some sad mom with beta man and screw her kid's life up also because I can; its alpha baby...feels good</>

No, we should carry, teach, defend our sons, until they can and will for us.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was enjoying some coffee this morning at my favorite coffee shop and a couple walked in and sat in the table in front of me. The woman was a short, but very pretty brunette, possibly latina, with a smoking body. I’d say an HB 9. The dude was white, skinny, around 6’2” and vaguely good looking.

The guy was leading leading 90% of the conversation, which I couldn’t help but overhear because he was talking so damn loud. Most of it was dumb, asinine bull****. The girl just nodded along.

This interaction got me thinking about how much we truly value intelligence. Everyone loves to say they’re looking for someone intelligent, but do we really? I mean, it makes sense from a reproductive standpoint. Intelligence is a largely inheritable trait that improves an individual’s chances of surviving and thriving in its environment. Yet it seems that, beyond a modicum of social intelligence, it does more harm than good when it comes to attraction. Most of the highly intelligent people I know don’t have very prolific sex lives.

Is intelligence truly attractive? Or is it just something we tell ourselves to feel less superficial?
It's certainly a bonus but let's be honest, it's not our main priority. A nice ass is far more important for most guys. However, very stupid women are a bit of a turn off, no so much because I care but because they tend to do annoying and stupid things that create hassle for me.