Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is Instagram needed to convey status?

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I been hearing a lot on the 4 pillars of masculinity.

Game, looks, status, finances

But it seems now a days, status is tied with Instagram. Do y’all think it’s true? I have Instagram but I rarely like to post stuff about my life on mine. But it feels that a weak Instagram profile is now a detriment.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t have it or Snapchat or TikTok and it’s never been a hindrance for me.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’ve actually had one person I met through OLD say to me that my lack of participation in social media was a red flag for her. She ended up being one of those people who lived in her phone - like textbook short attention span issues, except when it came to her phone.

I swear she’d post the most inane Shiite to social like “I’m making waffles”, or “I didn’t wake up feeling too well”, and consistently check back to see who liked her posts. And this was a Gen Xer.

Waste of whatever surplus intellect she possessed, ended up walking away from that.

I’m much too private a person to post every inane detail of my life or ANY detail of my life for everyone to see. I just don’t get this need some folks have. Are their lives really that devoid of anything else?

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The more you know, the more you realize how little a lot of these details matter. The ammount of insecurity on these "game" websites is ridiculous.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more you know, the more you realize how little a lot of these details matter. The ammount of insecurity on these "game" websites is ridiculous.
That’s an ad hominem. These details matter to women. If you follow more people than follow you back, women perceive your Instagram as lower status. Instagram only helps branding if it conveys high status. That means lifestyle photos and abundance of followers.

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s an ad hominem. These details matter to women. If you follow more people than follow you back, women perceive your Instagram as lower status. Instagram only helps branding if it conveys high status. That means lifestyle photos and abundance of followers.

Dude if they met you in person, that will be the primary driver of their opinion.
I agree if they have not met you, and all they are looking at is a profile.

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone here sell anything over instagram, or use it to market their business?
I do this. It does work to passively garner a few customers and gain reputation. I post pictures of my business operations, and my freinds are constantly reminded I am in business.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In terms of conveying status I'm not really sure how many girls pay attention to my tons of travel pictures and pictures with pretty girls I hang out with. So I can't say for sure how much it helps, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

One thing Instagram is definitely good for is interest levels. There's a lot of ways to tell if a girl should be pursued or not. Whether or not she follows you, let's you follow her, likes your posts and views your stories, etc. You can see if shes online and if she read your texts.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They pay attention. Social media for most guys is a net negative. If it ain’t helping, it’s hurting.
It's yet another pitfall for average dudes.

They'll travel and do all these activities just to be perceived as "high value ". Meanwhile its draining them, especially if the main goal is to be interesting to women.

It ain't special no more, but on a individual level it's always better then a subpar Instagram with bad content. Just like fitness and the body, or driving a nice car. It ain't special no more, because every guy uses the same formula, but if you can't even compete with the average dude you are basically invisible to women.

I agree its better to have no instagram, or just a business oriented one.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Does anyone here sell anything over instagram, or use it to market their business?
I use it for "business", criminal investigations. People advertise their wrong doings, I look at it, and then I arrest them :rofl:

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It will hurt you if it's not a good account. Meaning, 500+ followers, good travel pictures, pictures with other women and not just selfies, etc. Also needs to have years of content and not just a recent photo dump of the 1 vacation you took with your two weeks of PTO this year.

All in all, the juice isn't worth the squeeze in my opinion if you are over 25.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
You dont need Instagram if you have a solid frame

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to bang clout chasers with fake tits and lip injections, then yes, you need a a good Instagram.

For other "normie" chicks, I don't think it's that much important. You can accomplish the same thing by having a strong network of friends. Being the guy everyone knows, wants to talk to, gravitates to, and respects. Status is more than followers and a blue checkmark. What good is 100k followers if you go to a party and nobody cares that you're there and disrespects you?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

But it seems now a days, status is tied with Instagram. Do y’all think it’s true? I have Instagram but I rarely like to post stuff about my life on mine. But it feels that a weak Instagram profile is now a detriment.
Those are the 4 pillars of masculinity? Man, no wonder why men are weak these days. That is truly disappointing to hear men think those are masculinity pillars.

What about honor, respect, courage, etc, etc?

Now if you meant that those are factors that come into play in the art of seduction then I would agree.

And btw, I was recently studying this video about the art of ignoring women. It's based on the idea that most women innately seek external validation. This is why there are Instagram "influencers", etc. Men should NOT be thinking or behaving like that. That is WEAK! Lose it.

Modern Man Advice

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Now it's the five pillars of masculinity. The fifth one is Instagram.

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Those are the 4 pillars of masculinity? Man, no wonder why men are weak these days. That is truly disappointing to hear men think those are masculinity pillars.

What about honor, respect, courage, etc, etc?

Now if you meant that those are factors that come into play in the art of seduction then I would agree.

And btw, I was recently studying this video about the art of ignoring women. It's based on the idea that most women innately seek external validation. This is why there are Instagram "influencers", etc. Men should NOT be thinking or behaving like that. That is WEAK! Lose it.

Modern Man Advice
Honor, Respect, Courage?

LoL. Wtf, you living in Middle Earth right now, trying to pull a William Wallace?

Sh1iiiiiiiiiit.