Is having a 9-5 job important to women?

B

Bud_Fox

I was just wondering how important it is to women for a man to have a steady 9-5 job?

I know that working a lot of evenings and weekends can sort of ruin your social life, so is this a turn-off for women who are looking for long-term relationships/marriage?

Thanks

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't think that matters all that much... more important than the job you work is that you are happy a bout what it is that you do.

I mean, if your at a club and a girl asks what you do, you could probly even say something like 'I panhandled for 3 hours just to pay cover."

Not that I'd recommend saying that, just that there are more important things about you than what you do for a living.

samueladams

Don Juan
Reaction score
women will trip all over themselves if you have one of the "elite" careers...ie (celebrity, pro-athlete, lawyer, doctor)...you get one of those you'll have to beat them off with a stick once they find out what you do. Otherwise everyone else short of the homeless bum on the corner is on a level playing field

persiangino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
samueladams said:
women will trip all over themselves if you have one of the "elite" careers...ie (celebrity, pro-athlete, lawyer, doctor)...you get one of those you'll have to beat them off with a stick once they find out what you do. Otherwise everyone else short of the homeless bum on the corner is on a level playing field
Women love money. Women can smell money on men through body language. Some of the 'elite' career oriented men don't know how to project a 'money' image and thus don't beat women off with a stick. Entrepreneurs get the most women cause they seemingly have a better understanding of life economics, but no doubt you don't need a high paying career to fool women in thinking you are rich.

2Cool

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes and No. Yes, if you are in the elite career fields then the money chicks will show up out of the woodwork, and no if you can support yourself.

If you are self sustaining with a half way decent vision of your future and what and where you are going this will be more than sufficient. No need to fool them. That would be antithetical to being a dj.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Question to the question

I think it all comes down to value, how the woman perceives herself (and her interests) will affects the reaction.

I've found women to be interested in a wide variety of careers, some obviously have their perks with ladies because it makes it "OK" for them to sleep with or pursue the man. "Yea but he was a rock star", "well he wasn't great looking but he was a doctor"

To women of really low value, it probably doesn't take much. They don't expect a Physician to be interested in them, and that may be enough to get some initial interest. Other women might even go for a married guy because "he's married to a hottie but he'd still rather sleep with me, I am validated for my <blank>".

The problem of course is that sooner or later it gets boring, and unless a guy can genuinely make her feel good with something other than money, she will begin to look for greener pastures.

The real issue is having an interesting and happy life that women want to be apart of. Money helps, those trips around the world are fascinating afterall, but unfortunately a lot of men with money are boring, so they will end up divorced and she'll be taking me out to eat with the maintennance checks and child support =) At any rate, I wouldn't change my dream career to cater to womens' desires, as that is not required to attract more women than any one man could ever be with anyway.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women will trip all over themselves if you have one of the "elite" careers...ie (celebrity, pro-athlete, lawyer, doctor)...
sweet, I'm about to head off to law school :yes:

samueladams

Don Juan
Reaction score
The career thing is a two fold problem...Some women find it attactive you're a lawyer/doctor b/c of the money factor.

Others, generally the more intelligent women, appreciate it b/c they respect that you've worked hard to get to where you are in life. You're clearly not stupid and to top it off its a well respected career.

If you really want to go for women w/problems chase after female law/med students. A lot of them will qualify men based on their careers...which after a few years leaves them with few options and then you can pounce and tie up a sugar momma!

but no career doesn't matter...it helps pique interest at first but as stated if you're lame then it won't last regardless unless they're pure gold diggers

Rata Blanca

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bud_Fox said:
I was just wondering how important it is to women for a man to have a steady 9-5 job?

I know that working a lot of evenings and weekends can sort of ruin your social life, so is this a turn-off for women who are looking for long-term relationships/marriage?

Thanks
Actually I think it's the opposite having a 9-5 job will attrack girls who want LTR/Marrige and your steady paycheck.

2Cool

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the value propostion that was suggested. If a woman has decent self esteem she would expect that a doctor/atty/etc. to at least give her a chance. Hey, why not? She thinks she's worth it.

The interesting piece of the earlier suggestion is that some of these doctors/lawyer types are boring. Hence, why the emphasis (at least mine) on the book of Pook. Be a man of action. Find that or those thing(s) that are of interest to you. Flying, rock climbing, sailing, diving, traveling, basketball, tennis, whatever. You become much more interesting and dynamic.

Couple this with a decent job, you look really good. Put this together with an elite career, look out!

afrojiggles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
sweet, I'm about to head off to law school :yes:
mmmm..gd move playa jion me in chewing those boring law books,lol..am currently banging a hot asian i got and i flatly told her i make 5 digits cash and cant give much but she loves the ideal me, the funny me from the sosuave arsenal so the bottom line is not to be a boring man like the lawyers i know are, just brag about how they are the highcourt advocates and the cases they handle, bullsit which gal wanna listen to all crap ..!! they all love to be talked to about feminism and themselves, right dudes?:yes:

arvind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who love you for what you do for a living only like you for your money and what you can do for them

afc_2_dj

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think part of what Bud_Fox was getting at is is having a job that requires strange hours more detetrimental than a job that has fixed hours between 9-5, aka standard work hours, assuming for example they pay the same.

I've never worked shifts, etc, but I must say I noticed that friends who had shift work as opposed to 9-5 work that is had negative effects on their relationships, especially when the partner worked normal 9-5.

My work requires[ed] me to sometimes work evenings/weekends, and I know I got into trouble for that despite the fact that I could often work from home [ the fact that my work paid the rent/food/bills didn't seem to count!! :) ]

IMHO with the right partner it should not be a train smash, just something you guys work around.

Rata Blanca

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
arvind said:
Women who love you for what you do for a living only like you for your money and what you can do for them
Oh the melancholy. Women use men for everything and men use women for sex...

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't think 9 to 5 jobs were sexy? That sounds like clerical work to me. Just become a "manager" of talent. Then you have the Svengali thing going for you.

Girls only for sex? Geez, I guess since the American chub has become independent that is the case. You guys really are screwed. Sex isn't worth the trouble that you guys go to in order to get what you get. Just get a hooker.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
everyone loves a WINNER. even the people that hate Bill Gates, Kobe Bryant, and the NY Yankees LOVE to hate them.

win with style and you are golden.