Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is day-game riskier to do than night-game?

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approaching is in general risky. That's why so few men dare to, they chicken out, wanks off or swipe. It's the burden of man because of the asymmetry in interaction between the sexes. While man poses a physical threat to women, the woman is a legal and social threat to him. Many men knows this and therefore don't dare to approach (sober). In Scandinavia this isn't acknowledged in media, there's a systematic bashing of men, while women are on a pedestal. I want to do something about this at some point. But maybe we mostly need better men.

Gym or some kind of regular is in particular risky. If you mess up such that a girl complains, you're out or got no strikes left and basically have to stop at that venue. I've burned myself at night game, but I approach without a flinch at my gym. Statistics is beyond lousy, though.

In this app/pr0n and swipe age, people talk and approach less. During soon a year in two decently sized cities I've seen two men cold approach.

I got a comment from a bouncer once, and he was kinda balanced. He said a girl had complained, but as having had an impression on me (and I haven't had any alcohol) he said that I hadn't necessarily done anything wrong and that we're all being social, but that some girls are very young (18+) at that place and not used to talking.

My opener to that girl was "Nice bracelet, have you been to India?". The last comments was (me): "Hey, do you wanna talk, or?"(yeah, crappy game though) She: "No thanks, it's fine." Me: "Sure, have a nice evening", returned to the bar. Then she went to the bouncer. This is the kind of risk in a middle-sized city in Scandinavia, I'd say. I don't think it would have happened in Miami or NYC, because of more worldly city life. But hey, the greener grass.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can’t blame them tbh they are just being woman, best thing you can do in such cases
is to charm her friends and not letting it affect you

If the friends like you they will even help you and won’t have any problem letting her go with you or might even join you, unless you have to deal with one of her miserable jealous male/female friends
Personally, I'm very good at talking with people so I can work a group no problem. Most of the time, I do it knowing there's no sex coming out of it. I did manage to get one girl one time because she and I was chatting for a while. I didn't even have to engage her group. Then the one fat girl approach saying "you should buy us a drink cause I helped you get with her." The f*cking nerve! Ridiculous. Inside, I was going: You didn't do a damn thing and you're just jealous cause of your hotter friend.

Girls do themselves a disservice bringing along their non party friends. At least with the hot friends, you won't be ****blocked entirely like a chubby/ fat/ no-fun career woman will. It's not just fat women, whenever a girl brings along their introvert friend wearing pants, it's over.

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls do themselves a disservice bringing along their non party friends. At least with the hot friends, you won't be ****blocked entirely like a chubby/ fat/ no-fun career woman will. It's not just fat women, whenever a girl brings along their introvert friend wearing pants, it's over.
Can confirm completely. Bar/street game. It's as if a script was written. I think it's an evolutionary mechanism, they instinctively realize they've been deselected and try to do something about it. Thanks for the reminder, it's as if one should avoid such sets. One method is to first completely validate the ugly/fat, then she doesn't get it and is pacified.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can confirm completely. Bar/street game. It's as if a script was written. I think it's an evolutionary mechanism, they instinctively realize they've been deselected and try to do something about it. Thanks for the reminder, it's as if one should avoid such sets. One method is to first completely validate the ugly/fat, then she doesn't get it and is pacified.
Pacifying her is annoying. Because it doesn't work out sometimes, and she's usually "smart" enough to catch on. It makes more sense to ignore her cause then it gets HER hamster wheel turning and it might work out in your favor. At least you get in her head. Better than sucking up to her. If it was a business deal going on in the office, sure. But out at the bar, there's nothing to gain from playing up to her. Treat her as she dressed up as.

PlatoPacks23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am once again reminded after going out why I prefer day-game wayyy more than night-game

nightgame is way more looks based imo and dealing with the loud ass music makes it tough to talk, plus her friends etc...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so what are positives and negatives of daygame then?
Positives

1. No late nights and no need to consume alcohol.

It's possible to do approaches during the middle of the day when you are most alert.

If you're a guy that works a Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-5:30 PM type schedule, you can spend weekend afternoons doing approaches in non-bar venues and arrange bar dates. Also, it'd be possible to do approaches in a gym on weekend evenings. During times of the year when the sun doesn't set until 7 PM or later, there's potential for outdoor approaching after work. Men with white collar jobs with at least partial work at home schedules can often do approaches mid-day somewhere. Even white collar or blue collar men needing to do in-person work could do an approach or two around lunch time in a few different ways.

You'll likely have healthier sleep patterns as a daygamer.

2. Reduces possibility of bad first dates.

A good, non-bar approach resulting in a 5-15 minute conversation and an agreement for a future date is better positioning for a first date than a conversation under the influence of alcohol late at night or some swipe app or DM based first interaction.

In the book "Game", written in the late 2010s, Roosh noted that night game has fallen off as a source for finding future dates. He had noticed a change from the early to mid 2000s as compared to the 2010s for successfully getting first dates from bar interactions. Roosh believed then (before his Christianity conversion) that night game approaches were better suited for the same night lay. Accepting a phone number/arranging a future date should be a last resort unless she refuses leaving the venue together for same night sex.

Negatives

1. Getting and Keeping Attention

This is the worst part of non-bar approaching. Earbuds have made the general gym floor, parks and paths, and the street much more difficult for approaching. Part of why women wear earbuds is to reduce approaches.

In order to get a date that has a good chance to succeed from a non-bar approach, you're going to need at least a 5 minute conversation. Getting a woman to give you five minutes in a non-bar setting as a stranger is quite difficult.

Additionally, women are not accustomed to being approached in a non-bar setting. Some women don't understand a non-bar approach and don't know how to mentally process it. They are that socially inept. This has gotten far worse in the last 10-20 years with the decline in social skills as Millennials and Gen Z make up more of the single populace. 20 years ago, it would have been far easier to approach a Gen X woman in a grocery store or even after a fitness class as she grew up in an era (1980s-early 1990s) where people needed to interact in person. She was accustomed to human interactions. This got progressively worse once the Millennials started to dominate the scene in the 2000s and beyond, and later Millennials were worse about this than earlier ones.

2. Women with Boyfriends and Husbands

When approaching in non-bar settings, you're dealing with the general populace. I have tended to approach in parts of my metro area with a higher concentration of unmarried people. In the general populace, even in areas with more unmarried people, most women are in a relationship at any given time and not opened to finding new penis. Additionally, in the general non-bar settings, it's a good idea to quickly glance for a wedding ring before making an approach. While I do this in places like the grocery store or the mall, I never do this in bars/nightclubs.

A lot of daygame approaches go nowhere because of this, though the typical daygamer wouldn't know this. A lot of the women with boyfriends won't bother to engage you in conversation, letting the conversation fizzle out within 30-60 seconds. They mostly won't say "I Have a Boyfriend" but they'll be dismissive. However, women without boyfriends who aren't interested for whatever reason do the same thing, so it's difficult to determine the difference.

In theory, bars/nightclubs are supposed to have less attached people. Why would an attached/married woman go out to a bar? However, @oldmanofthesea indicated in another thread once that the theory of fewer attached people in night venues doesn't always play out like that in reality. I'm conflicted on this one.

I'm 39 years old and I became more of a daygamer vs nightgamer around age 30. I read Roosh's "Day Bang" soon after it's 2011 publication, and it became the basis for me choosing to do more daygame than nightgame from that point forward. I had heard of daygame as far back as the mid-2000s but had never figured out to implement it until "Day Bang". So I was mostly doing nightgame with in-person game until the tail end of my 20s.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are two other downfalls of nightlife I did not mention.

Very city dependent, most cities do not have that great of a nightlife.

In Miami, the nightlife is all clubs that open at midnight. Don't want to deal with the loud music and nightclub BS? Tough luck. In most cities, the nightlife is very focused on a few bars and that is it. Most guys will not live in a Vegas or an NYC. Smaller city nightlife is all social circles and people that roll into big groups and know each other. Good luck ever getting anything going there. I have learned the hard way since moving to Miami that unless I want to game at uber loud nightclubs, nightlife is not an option.

Daygame can be done in most places though with varying degrees. In a big city, you can do a lot of approaches. In smaller cities, you might need to be more focused on doing a few approaches right. However, you can do it if you pay attention to social norms.

Money.

I don't care what anyone claims but nightlife is a wallet drainer.

If you don't drink, you come off as that weird dude who is there with an agenda. People wonder why you are even there and you stick out in a bad way. Sure, some guys can pull off being sober and cool but those guys are not reading this post or in any way involved with PUA. Even then, those guys do not go out unless they have been forced to by an event like a friend's party. You have to a uniquely strange guy to want to deal with loud banging music and crazy drunks while being sober yourself. It screams "I am only here for the p*ssy".

Then you add in Uber and then the lost costs of partying all night so you cannot get up early enough. At the end of the day, it is a drain on your wallet.

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Less people do daygame - girls are more receptive to day game than night game, contrary to what you might think. Day game is quite ineffective, but it does leave you with a valuable skill.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are two other downfalls of nightlife I did not mention.

Very city dependent, most cities do not have that great of a nightlife.

In Miami, the nightlife is all clubs that open at midnight. Don't want to deal with the loud music and nightclub BS? Tough luck. In most cities, the nightlife is very focused on a few bars and that is it. Most guys will not live in a Vegas or an NYC. Smaller city nightlife is all social circles and people that roll into big groups and know each other. Good luck ever getting anything going there. I have learned the hard way since moving to Miami that unless I want to game at uber loud nightclubs, nightlife is not an option.

Daygame can be done in most places though with varying degrees. In a big city, you can do a lot of approaches. In smaller cities, you might need to be more focused on doing a few approaches right. However, you can do it if you pay attention to social norms.

Money.

I don't care what anyone claims but nightlife is a wallet drainer.

If you don't drink, you come off as that weird dude who is there with an agenda. People wonder why you are even there and you stick out in a bad way. Sure, some guys can pull off being sober and cool but those guys are not reading this post or in any way involved with PUA. Even then, those guys do not go out unless they have been forced to by an event like a friend's party. You have to a uniquely strange guy to want to deal with loud banging music and crazy drunks while being sober yourself. It screams "I am only here for the p*ssy".

Then you add in Uber and then the lost costs of partying all night so you cannot get up early enough. At the end of the day, it is a drain on your wallet.

Old Return of Kings article about why the era of meeting women at night was over in 2016.

PlatoPacks23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Less people do daygame - girls are more receptive to day game than night game, contrary to what you might think. Day game is quite ineffective, but it does leave you with a valuable skill.
I don't find night game that effective though either imo, day-game at least evens the playing field out if you get them at a good time

shwami_salami

Don Juan
Reaction score
Men who live in metro areas with millions of people are not going to have problems with reputation. The areas are too populated for that to happen.

In most daygame or nightgame settings, after a failed approach, I never saw the woman again. It's difficult to see the same person again when daygaming in retail settings (malls, bookstores, grocery stores, etc).

If a man decides to do approaches within his own gym, then he will likely see the same woman again after an approach, a failed first date, or after a relationship fails. I've dealt with that and it is unpleasant. I had a harsh rejection at my gym once from one of the most attractive women who attended that gym. I had to see her for a while until she changed gyms.

This sentence would have been more true 15-20 years ago than it is today.

Night game has been affected by online game. In the 2000s, when dating websites were around, the impact on night game was minimal. However, once dating apps replaced the dating websites in the early 2010s, the apps became more of a thing than the websites were in the 2000s/early 2010s. Also, over time, sending DMs on social media started to become more a thing. I arranged dates in the mid-2000s sending DMs on MySpace. That was somewhat unusual then. Now, far more men are arranging dates in the DMs on Instagram and on Twitter to a lesser extent.

It's been possible for at least 10 years to arrange plenty of dates solely using swipe apps or DMs on social media without ever doing approaches at bars. I'm not including daygame as part of this analysis because daygame has always been a bit of a niche. However, daygame has always had the potential to replace night game for arranging dates. However daygamers typically will need to go to bars to have a few dates before having sex with a woman.

Night game is the default form of in-person game for men who don't use the tech methods and don't have a social circle capable of arranging dates. The tech methods have made night game a bit redundant. Additionally, social circle has been in a long term downward trend for decades. Fewer people have had viable social circles for decades.

View attachment 9601

Daygame is rare. If you look at the chart from above closely, there's nothing about daygame there. I would guess daygame would be lumped in with bar/restaurant meetings, because I think the researchers had used the classification of "bar/restaurant/other public place" in 2009. Other public place would count as daygame.

Daygame isn't that common because most men don't have the ability to randomly approach women in retail settings (malls/grocery stores/bookstores etc) or outdoor areas (parks, walking paths, etc). Most men need to do dedicated approach sessions taking hours outdoors and that's not fun to do. I can't tell you how unpleasant it feels to do a 2 hour approach session outdoors and not come away with any dates or any approaches that lasted longer than 60 seconds. It feels like a giant waste of time. Additionally, indoor retail approachers will also need to linger around that setting for hours to find a woman receptive to the approach.

Doing that shiit sober is too tough for most men, especially men with lower testosterone levels than the men of 30-40 years ago. The men of 30-40 years ago didn't even like doing that.

There are still enough men out there willing to do daygame because they don't enjoy alcohol/loud music/late nights, aren't having good experiences on swipe apps (most men don't), and don't have social circle options.
That chart is so amazing. Look how much people are meeting online now. Wow. Bars are going up too. Sad one is how family and grade school plummetted, but we are PUAs, this ain't about love lol.

To answer the OPs question. Daygame is less riskier than night. As you lose a girl to chaos way easier in the night time (girls pulling their friends away and so on) Now, yes dont be going into a panties stores trying to pick up woman, so you could only get kicked out. I mean you can do it (for purposes of seeing a fine ass 10), but it ain't consistent. Grocery stores are king for that. Best middle ground for a PUA daygamer. Can say it all balances it out day and night, but it is your preference of where you want to fit in. Rare is okay, more for you. Just gotta go in and get what you want. Only way, and daygame just sounds easier, to me.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
day game has less players and high value guys dominating
It's true that fewer men do approaches in non-bar settings.

High value men dominate either nightlife approaches or the non-bar approaches.

The highest value men are dominating on swipe apps, Instagram, or nightlife venues, so they often don't need to do daygame. Daygame is often done by the men who have value but aren't as competitive on swipe apps or in nightlife. These are more upper tier normies than top tier men in daygame.

I disagree on receptivity in non-bar venues. In some non-bar venues, such as the grocery store or mall, women can be receptive. The increase in use of earbuds/headphones and increase in dog ownership have made women less receptive to being approached outdoors (parks and walking paths). Earbuds/headphones have made the general gym floor much more challenging too.

shwami_salami

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's true that fewer men do approaches in non-bar settings.

High value men dominate either nightlife approaches or the non-bar approaches.

The highest value men are dominating on swipe apps, Instagram, or nightlife venues, so they often don't need to do daygame. Daygame is often done by the men who have value but aren't as competitive on swipe apps or in nightlife. These are more upper tier normies than top tier men in daygame.

I disagree on receptivity in non-bar venues. In some non-bar venues, such as the grocery store or mall, women can be receptive. The increase in use of earbuds/headphones and increase in dog ownership have made women less receptive to being approached outdoors (parks and walking paths). Earbuds/headphones have made the general gym floor much more challenging too.
I'll still approach earbud girls, you would be surprised some don't even have music on lol. But you are right, earbud girls could be a bit more diffcult than a girl without em.

Yeap, high value men are on tinder. Yea I'm like the only pua in my zip code for daygame. If you are looking it from the outside, all it is, is a guy saying hi to people. Nothing bad about it. Even girls on phones, it works; I say hey I want to ask you something really important, so I'll wait over there while you finish your call, and some will reapproach you. Some will go, oh go ahead, etc. Some will just walk off lol.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll still approach earbud girls, you would be surprised some don't even have music on lol. But you are right, earbud girls could be a bit more diffcult than a girl without em.
Yes, it's possible to approach women using earbuds. I've done it. However, the earbuds have prevented me from doing more approaches than I have done. When I have passed on approaching women wearing earbuds, I have likely prevented myself from dealing with a lot of unpleasant approaches. While many of those earbud wearing women have boyfriends and are actively looking to reduce approaches, there are unattached women wearing earbuds. Unattached women wearing earbuds would defy rational thought. A lot of these unattached women wearing earbuds are not lacking for dating options. If they are using a using a swipe app, they can have hundreds of options in less than a week. Most unattached women under 40 use Instagram, so there's a backlog of men sliding into their DMs on Instagram. In terms of quantity, the swipe apps and Instagram DMs are usually enough. The only reason an unattached woman would need to be open to getting approached is if she were unsatisfied with what's in her swipe queue and/or in her DMs.

Yeap, high value men are on tinder. Yea I'm like the only pua in my zip code for daygame. If you are looking it from the outside, all it is, is a guy saying hi to people. Nothing bad about it. Even girls on phones, it works; I say hey I want to ask you something really important, so I'll wait over there while you finish your call, and some will reapproach you. Some will go, oh go ahead, etc. Some will just walk off lol.
Most high value men do not have a need to do daygame if they are doing well on the swipe apps, Instagram, or nightlife.

One of my good friends is a 6'4" ex-NCAA athlete in a country club sport. He's White. Being a tall, White male with a college degree and ex-NCAA athlete status is desirable to women. He is married now, but when he was unmarried, he exclusively did nightlife venue approaching. He never once thought to do non-bar approaching because he had abundance from nightlife.

The only reason a high value man would do non-bar approaching would be based on his personality and his desires. For most of the top tier men, they'll be more easily able to achieve abundance on apps and nightlife as compared to approaching in any non-bar venue.

A lot of non-bar approaching is having decent social skills.

A lot of women immersed in their smartphones aren't all that interested in talking to a man. While a man can do the approach, most of those approaches will be complete shiit. The woman will have a bad attitude about it in most cases.