Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is crying infront of girls a thing now?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost a great dog that meant the world to me. About 2yrs later I was thinking about my dog and started teared up. My gf had the balls to call me out on it. I will never forget it. It reminded me of how they lack empathy for men's emotions and want you to always be the rock that never cracks. I say dont be a pu$$y but fuhk them.
I keep score. Too many demerits next to your name and I will replace you at some point.

MtmVaott

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost a great dog that meant the world to me. About 2yrs later I was thinking about my dog and started teared up. My gf had the balls to call me out on it. I will never forget it. It reminded me of how they lack empathy for men's emotions and want you to always be the rock that never cracks. I say dont be a pu$$y but fuhk them.
I keep score. Too many demerits next to your name and I will replace you at some point.
Why did she call you out on it? This sounds like if she is either toxic, or if she drew the hasty conclusion you are crying for pity.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're crying pitifully because of something she did, it's over.

If you have a couple silent tears over something genuinely emotional/moving? I don't see the issue. One girl recently even told me she falls in love with men who can cry (but who knows who true that is).
Agreed. I tear up whenever I concentratingly listen to the song "Alone Again" or watch the train station scene from "Les Parapluies de Cherbourg".

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why did she call you out on it? This sounds like if she is either toxic, or if she drew the hasty conclusion you are crying for pity.
I don't think she understood how that loss effected me and thought I should have been past it by then.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only time I've cried in front of women was relatives
when my brother passed last year. That one hurt deep

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've cried in front of 1 or 2 girls, only relating to psychological trauma and/or death.

I'd never cry BECAUSE of a woman, never. Never even felt close after I've been dumped. That's next level weak.

MtmVaott

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The problems isn't that.

The problem is that girls instantly lose respect for you when you show them your emotions. So you cannot really be let' say "emotionally honest" to them.

I could wish it was like that (because it would just be easier too etc.), and then that you really loved you for the person you are (e.g. non conditional love), but that is not how it works. Women love conditional, that's it. That is what they feel for you, right now and what you do for them right now.

We men are destined to walk the lonely road of life; sadly but true. You are way better of crying in-front of you parents, sibling or a very close buddy. We all cry sometimes, but as guy you just cannot do it anywhere and everywhere like girls do.

The basic problem is that women has no understanding or sympathy for men's emotion or what it is to be a man. Call it toxic femininity if you will... Women do not give a shiete about your male feelings. They might lie to you and say that you want men to do it, but watch their actions and you will see they lie to you because they really do not want that.

Being emotional is as we all know a female feminine trait. If a guy behaves in a feminine way then both women and society condemns it as we're expected to be "The masculine rock" at all times.
I am still not 100% convinced on this one. I can see why it's better not to get swept in the emotions and I agree.

A few months ago I became frequently sad if I saw people being happily together as a pair or in groups. I would then shove the emotion deep down and put up a face of stone, until I was in "safety".

Some years ago, I was doing a travel vacation. I left a city where I had a very good time and felt included in a group of people. I arrived at the next city, feeling very sad. On that vacation my self esteem had sky rocketed from constant self validation, so in this city I was comfortable in displaying my sadness openly. I remember walking to the port getting emotional, and then crying at the water because I made it to the sea (I started my travel at another sea). Then I did a tourist thing and met a group of people. In the evening, they did a tour. I was reminded of my loss in the city before, and became sad again. There was a picture with the whole group, and my face in it was like I was about to cry. Later that night, the girls in the group repeatedely asked me, if I was "having fun". I didn't open up, I thought they were covertly telling me they are uncomfortable with me being sad and wanted me to go. In hindsight, I think they offered me a helping hand, too.

Despite this being a night I kind of feel ashamed of now, I know it was one of my strongest. I was never again that sure in myself to display my vulnerability that openly. But that night, I did.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am still not 100% convinced on this one. I can see why it's better not to get swept in the emotions and I agree.
It lies on "it depends".

You mom, dad passes away or something other really horrible situations = Ok, she might even love you more for it.

While...
You boss been acting like a real arse (Or friend or whatever)/lost that promotion to someone else after yo worked really hard or and you are really sad over it,(Maybe not the best example, but that what I could stir together atm.) = She will laugh at you and lose her respect for you.

MtmVaott

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It lies on "it depends".

You mom, dad passes away or something other really horrible situations = Ok, she might even love you more for it.

While...
You boss been acting like a real arse
(Or friend or whatever)/lost that promotion to someone else after yo worked really hard or and you are really sad over it,(Maybe not the best example, but that what I could stir together atm.) = She will laugh at you and lose her respect for you.
Ah I see. I think we are on the same page.
The two examples and OP's break up examples have the connotation of helplessness. The thought pattern that leads to this feeling is a weakness in itself, but they even expressively demonstrate it in order to gain pity and soothing like a little boy. No wonder a woman would laugh.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you want to get rid of her.

For extra benefit, crap the bed while sleeping with her, wake her up by crying and say something like:

"OMFG! It's starting again! WAAAAAAAA"
I’ve tried all those things and she’s still here. What else you got?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that women become greatly alarmed internally when they see their man cry. It shatters the illusion they maintain that you’re a rock and she can depend on you to protect her. She knows she’s an emotional mess, and when you become like her, it is very troubling to her.
We might have to chalk this one up to nature. Life is anything but fair. We men are called upon by nature to be stoic and overcome emotion.