Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is baldness really that big of a deal?

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Is it really all that big of a deal when it comes to dating and attracting women or does the issue lie more with the fact that thinning hair results in lower confidence, which in turn lowers your attractiveness to a woman.
It is how attractive you look without hair, it’s your SMV.

Let’s face it, some men look like sht bald - george costanza, others not - donald trump.

I haven’t balded at age 38 or 39 yet, fck younglings, do you belive I forgot my age again, I’m 1981. Why in the world do some men bald so young? Being bald my friends is same as hitting wall, for women. But being pretty bald neutralizes it to null.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In 2016, i had a casual encounter booked with a chick. Betas call this a date.

I decided to get a last minute haircut. I got ****ing butchered. My hair stylist and barber were both mia. I made the mistake of going rogue with a unknown.

Picture going from long hair to jon bernthal punisher crew cut.

I was not impressed. I almost did not go but I am a bad ass so, I went, got the girl, and wheeled. I do that.

She even **** tested saying she doesn't like shaved head or balds. I finger blasted in the parking lot.

OP, its a non issue or better put, its a big as issue as you let it be.

I have grown my hair out well after. I have buzzed it. It makes no difference. I get girls.

If you still have issues get a transplant like Connor Murphy. Gear or genetic predisposition. He's getting girls still.

Listen to Steve Austin on hair loss. Get deezed and go dwayne Johnson on the world.

Alternatively, try rogaine. Try holistic shampoos. Try essential oils like rosemary oil.

I love my hair but without hesitation I would go monk mode if the time came.
I'm being brutally honest. If you have an odd shaped head, fine facial features, no facial hair or thin facial hair, really light skin tone - the bald look is generally going to be horrible. Also I think buzzing with a 0 looks better than a razor shavethe stubble on the side still gives your face some framing

Something like this is what you want to aim for

Thats a beard advertisement. Showing the power of the beard.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm balding, but I haven't hit no wall. I'm getting in shape clear skin, baby face. If anything I need to hit puberty lol. Some black chick was hitting on me when I was rocking the castanza cause I was to lazy to shave for a month. Said I look 16 and was hitting on me

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can mix up 1000 different combinations of skin color, jaw angle, BF%, all of that...at the end of the day....for me....the VIBE a man radiates TRUMPS all of that!!
You're saying it's not how you look, it's who you are. There's some truth in that, but when you're talking about dating and SMV, a person generally has to pass a looks test before he can move on to other filters. Also, are you saying that it's all about vibe for men only, or do you think this applies to both men and women?

It would be nice to say that a person is as hot as he "owns his look", but life isn't all that fair. Fact is, some people look better than others. Head down to the local Wal-mart, look around, and compare if you don't believe me.

Now just because a guy isn't very attractive, that doesn't mean his life has no merit or that he can't ever get a date or a girlfriend or whatever. But if I had said someone doesn't look good in a certain shirt, or if some guy doesn't look good in a mustache or whatever, or if those glasses doesn't suit his face, no one would have batted an eye. But because I said I don't think I would look good bald, now it's all about vibe.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@zekko in red, LYD in black

You're saying it's not how you look, it's who you are. I am saying that who a person is BEING, in any moment, radiates a VIBE. That VIBE is felt and experienced by others, some more consciously than others. That VIBE creates an experience for the others. How others experience it depends on their own individual filters. Through their filters it is translated and is received/perceived along a spectrum ranging from incredibly attractive to incredibly repelling.

There's some truth in that, but when you're talking about dating and SMV, a person generally has to pass a looks test before he can move on to other filters. As Guru said this morning...

SMV means shlt, when your vibe is off. Trust me on this one.

Also, are you saying that it's all about vibe For me personally, it is predominantly about VIBE.

for men only, or do you think this applies to both men and women? As a woman, I am certainly not going to declare how most men experience attraction. What I can say is that I experience it on both sides of the equation. As a woman, I experience men's attraction to me is GREATLY amplified or diminished depending on my VIBE, at the time. It is modifiable to convey if I wish to be approachable or not at all. It's not just male/female dynamics. We do it 24/7, whether we are aware of it or not.

It would be nice to say that a person is as hot as he "owns his look", It is more inclusive then simply how he looks. I used that phrase to keep it simple in my earlier post. A bald man that 'fully owns his look'...radiates an energy that communicates far more than just what clothes he is wearing and his lack of hair. Depending on the man it communicates qualities like strength, dominance, confidence, tenacity, vitality, sexiness, playfulness, masculinity, etc.

but life isn't all that fair. Fact is, some people look better than others. Head down to the local Wal-mart, look around, and compare if you don't believe me. Physical appearance is but one factor. It is stated to be the driver for men's attraction. I hear that.

I contend that VIBE matters to men too. Take two women sitting at a bar. HB9 Gorgeous to look at--yet her VIBE radiates irritation, distrust, and a sense of fear. Then there is HB7 Nice to look at--her VIBE radiates warmth, playfulness, and a sense aliveness. What is the deciding factor for the men present? Do they try to chat up HB9 and take her home despite her sh!tty VIBE or are they drawn to HB7 because they can sense her warmth, playfulness and vitality VIBE? Looks hit one dimension. A great interaction is made up of much more than looks alone. I would venture to say, most men want GREAT interactions, over crappy interactions, with a body that looks good. I am not a man. That's my sense and understanding, from the other side as a woman.

Now just because a guy isn't very attractive, that doesn't mean his life has no merit or that he can't ever get a date or a girlfriend or whatever. That was the point of my post!!! Bald men can still be incredibly HOT (even without hair)!!!!

But if I had said someone doesn't look good in a certain shirt, or if some guy doesn't look good in a mustache or whatever, or if those glasses doesn't suit his face, no one would have batted an eye. Of course not, all of those come and go and are easily interchangeable. People usually do not make them reflections of their self worth either.

But because I said I don't think I would look good bald, now it's all about vibe. I am not sure why you would have thought this may be directed at you. I brought it up because it is a thread on baldness, countless men face it, and most end up feeling worse about themselves because of it. I hoped to change that for men that came across my post. I hoped they could realize that they can still be HOT to women, even once they are bald!!!

@zekko- I am not here to argue or justify my experience, or see how it fits in with PUA models of how things supposedly work. I have no interest in that. I leave that for others who are. I simply wanted to let bald/ing know that they too can be incredibly HOT!!!

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now just because a guy isn't very attractive, that doesn't mean his life has no merit or that he can't ever get a date or a girlfriend or whatever. That was the point of my post!!! Bald men can still be incredibly HOT (even without hair)!!!!
Well, I don't think you have to be "incredibly HOT" to get a date, or have a girlfriend. I know some guys here think that way, with the hypergamy and the top 20% and all that.

But I never said a bald man couldn't be "incredibly HOT", nor did I ever think it. I said I don't think I would look good bald. While it's a very good look for some, I don't think every guy is going to look good bald, anymore than every guy is going to look that good in the first place. That said, if a guy is unattractive, for whatever reason, he really doesn't have any choice other than to "own it". As I said to BigDave, no matter what your circumstance, you'll probably do better with a positive attitude than a negative attitude. Even an ugly dog can be kind of cute, I guess.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares what women think, the world doesn't revolve around them nor their opinions. Find some other outlets in your life this is depressing

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If your head isn't mis-shapen or dented, then being bald should be fine. That said though, most younger men on this site still have years before they need to worry about it

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"its all in your head bro, the hair on your head make no difference on how you look if you dont let it affect you"

Looking like that "old man" or looking like a "mature businessman" has nothing do with that.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Baldness is half way to incel-tier destiny, although some men can pull it off.

That said, "Jewish" baldness (i.e., just a hole at the top, hence the yarmulke) but with a strong, thick front can be OK.

Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"its all in your head bro, the hair on your head make no difference on how you look if you dont let it affect you"

Looking like that "old man" or looking like a "mature businessman" has nothing do with that.

I remember when I was in my late 20s, dating a gal the same age, and Connery was picked to be "Sexist Man Alive" at age 62. This gal was fawning about how sexy he was, and it was the first time in my life that I realized that age is not so important in a man.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it was the first time in my life that I realized that age is not so important in a man.
I saw so many examples of this throughout my entire life, that I swore I would never let my age bother me when it came to women. And for the most part it never did, although I have to admit as I'm approaching 60, I've faltered a bit with my attitude.

We've seen 80 year old dudes with younger women, but by that point I'm not sure anyone is going to claim that it's a physical attraction. There's a line somewhere.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Baldness is half way to incel-tier destiny, although some men can pull it off.

That said, "Jewish" baldness (i.e., just a hole at the top, hence the yarmulke) but with a strong, thick front can be OK.
I was under the impression that crown balding was worse than receding in the front. But not 100 percent sure.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was under the impression that crown balding was worse than receding in the front. But not 100 percent sure.
Hard to say, the crown is not critical if the rest is in place in terms of body shape while its a deadly blow if you are skinny fat or have a dad bod.

The receding hairline screws up the proportion in your face so again it takes a very masculine face to balance it, anyone with a delicate face suffers most of the damage.

In that case an average looking but manly guy gets struck less hard than a good looking guy with a delicate boy like face.

I believe hair problems when it comes of looks are the second biggest issue after being short.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would think the receding front would be worse. Girls are shorter, so they look up at you. Half the time they probably wouldn't even see it if your crown was thinning. And you wouldn't see it in the mirror so it would be less likely to mess with your self esteem.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I would think the receding front would be worse. Girls are shorter, so they look up at you. Half the time they probably wouldn't even see it if your crown was thinning. And you wouldn't see it in the mirror so it would be less likely to mess with your self esteem.
I only get self-conscious of the crown while seated at the bar (because it’s near eye-level). Not a big deal while standing.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know bald dudes with dad bods getting ladies. Just get to low bf