Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is baldness really that big of a deal?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Around the age of 23 I started noticing that my hair was thinning, though I can look at photos from before that time and see it had gradually been going down that path. At 24 I started "shaving" my head with the buzzers, so I essentially had a permanent boot camp look to me. At 28 I started using the razor, more so out of convenience as I found it to be much quicker and easier. Anyway, I've actually had people, many of whom I don't even know, complement me and give me praise for it. Many said I actually looked really good with it, that it suited me/my style. I have had a few other men say that they'd never be able to do what I do, I guess out of confidence or what have you. Granted, it helps that I'm 6'4", broad shouldered and fit with a good skull/face shape.

Is it really all that big of a deal when it comes to dating and attracting women or does the issue lie more with the fact that thinning hair results in lower confidence, which in turn lowers your attractiveness to a woman. However, I do feel that some men this just does not suit them at all and it does in fact look bad on them, especially men that are really pale and/or have a odd or round shaped skull, are fat, etc.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Around the age of 23 I started noticing that my hair was thinning, though I can look at photos from before that time and see it had gradually been going down that path. At 24 I started "shaving" my head with the buzzers, so I essentially had a permanent boot camp look to me. At 28 I started using the razor, more so out of convenience as I found it to be much quicker and easier. Anyway, I've actually had people, many of whom I don't even know, complement me and give me praise for it. Many said I actually looked really good with it, that it suited me/my style. I have had a few other men say that they'd never be able to do what I do, I guess out of confidence or what have you. Granted, it helps that I'm 6'4", broad shouldered and fit with a good skull/face shape.

Is it really all that big of a deal when it comes to dating and attracting women or does the issue lie more with the fact that thinning hair results in lower confidence, which in turn lowers your attractiveness to a woman. However, I do feel that some men this just does not suit them at all and it does in fact look bad on them, especially men that are really pale and/or have a odd or round shaped skull, are fat, etc.
There’s plenty of men out there with women who are bald or balding. It’s about how the male perceives himself after losing the hair

Billtx49

Reaction score
There’s plenty of men out there with women who are bald or balding. It’s about how the male perceives himself after losing the hair
Exactly right. If it shakes his confidence, that’s not good and he’s not centered. Looks change as we age, it needs to be accepted …

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are plenty of sites and dating board where women mock bald guys as much as we mock fat girls.

Does it means that being bald is a death sentence? clearly not as long as you can afford that look.

Generally a manly man can afford it and sometime even benefit from it but for the average guy is a look destroyer especially for those men with delicate facial features or irregular head shape.

It also depends on your age and skin tone, young white men with pale skin are those with the biggest damage.

Its not only a matter of proportion but the cultural thing behind it, girls may like a guy despite being balding but most of the times it makes you look older or weak (according to your jawline or eyes).

You really need hair if you are an older guy looking for young girls in the 18-24 age group, its much less important for older women.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP it depends, if it bothers you I would look into getting a transplant, they are expensive but the results can potentially be quite good (assuming you haven't gone all the way slick up top and are open to taking finasteride).

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP it depends, if it bothers you I would look into getting a transplant, they are expensive but the results can potentially be quite good (assuming you haven't gone all the way slick up top and are open to taking finasteride).
It doesn't bother me, as I've never considered a surgery or taking health damaging pills that may keep my hair intact.

The intention of this thread was whether or not being bald or balding does in fact have an impact in regards to attracting women, meaning a man's dating life would suffer for it.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
honest truth

if you're a light skinned white guy or asian with a weak jawline, thin eyebrows, weak facial hair, then yes balding is death sentence. If you have a good shaped head, good jawline and chin, thick facial hair, thick eyebrows, preferably olive or darker skine tone, then it's no big deal

Also you HAVE to be muscular and low body fat%. There is no way around this. You have no margin for error

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My head shape is like dudes in the last picture except I have olive skin

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
My head shape is like dudes in the last picture except I have olive skin

then you're fine. I would strongly urge to get as low body fat as possible

the lower the body fat, the more prominent the chin/jaw is which gives your face more balance with the shaved head. Look at first dude I posted, he's got a massively prominent chin/jaw due to a very low body fat% which is why it looks so good

a thick neck is huge also

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The media has already brainwashed people into believing that bald muscular men are sexy.
Mr.Clean is a prime example of this. Plus, you have popular celebrities that represent bald men such as Michael Jordan, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Jason Statham, Samuel Jackson, Joe Rogan, Vin Diesel, Bautista, Georges St-Pierre, Shaquille O'Neal.

It's not a big deal as long as you're in shape.
A balding fat guy is considered ugly or unattractive.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I get way more women bald than vice versa. If you’re balding, cut that **** off.

you should probably tell people you're black or half black. Darker skin toned men see no difference when they shave their head

Jeremy Meeks looks better with shaved head than with hair

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you should probably tell people you're black or half black. Darker skin toned men see no difference when they shave their head

Jeremy Meeks looks better with shaved head than with hair
I don’t think race matters. If you’re noticeably balding, the shaved head just looks better. It’s especially good with a well manicured beard.