Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is Asking A Girl What Her Major Is The Kiss of Death

mastersylar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. I just graduated from college, but when I was in college I was always told never to ask what a girl's major was. I was wondering what u guys thought about this?

The problem is that when I approach a girl at a party I never have anything to say and major is the most appearant topic to talk about.

baller1985

Banned
Reaction score
always get the girl's life story.....check out how well a convo could flow if u ask her what her major is:

Yo whats your major?

(blablabla)

Oh nice I hear its alotta hard work but the pay off is tremendous

(blablabla, whats your major?)

Oh mine is XXXXX im happy with my choice…so tell me how did u get into bein interested in that major of urs?

(blablablabla)

Oh damn really? That’s amazing, did u have any backup choices?

(blaaaaaaaaaa)

U get the point, if u have good convo skills and are actually intersted in a person, then u can ****ing talk about whatever the **** u want, stop worrying about trivial ****

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I meet someone and I feel a lull coming up in the convo I just ask her to tell me about her day. Yea, I know her answer is going to be boring to me, but girls open up a surprising amount when you ask them this question. They tell you all about their day and then they seem to feel closer to you.

baller1985

Banned
Reaction score
ask them anything, as long as u make it look like your actually interested in hearing the answer

baller1985

Banned
Reaction score
thats why PUA canned lines are horrible for 99% of people who try to use them - cuz its just canned and the person asking the shyt like "who lies more?" dont actually care about the answer

however, the PUA's who made these lines famous, they actually DID care what the women had to say, which is why the lines work for them

For instance, if my friend and I are arguing, I mean arguing for real!!! And the argument is about “whos better, red sox or yankees?”…….if im genuily interested in people’s opinions, and if I go ask a girl this question, it wont be fake of me, because I actually wanan hear her answer, and after that the chances for a good convo are even better, because I had interest in what she had to say!

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think it can really mess things up with a girl, so you have to make sure you establish some rapport talking about other stuff before you ask her what she's studying

I mean, she's a girl...Girls usually don't make money anyway (and definitely won't give any to you), and even if you're both studying the same thing, they hate talking about serious issues. So who really cares what she's studying.

GtarPlayr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeez almighty, is society going mental?! Asking a girl's major is "the kiss of death"??? It shouldn't even begin to be a problem. If it is, wow. God help us all. When the f*ck is it gonna end with all of this egg-shell, tip-toe bull$hit??? F*cking girls are human, not royal goddesses...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mastersylar said:
The problem is that when I approach a girl at a party I never have anything to say and major is the most appearant topic to talk about.
You're at a party and the most apparent thing to talk about is school???!!! WTF??!! Stop going to parties, re-enroll and just hang out in the student lounge.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, i agree with him. Parties aren't usually the ideal place for actual conversation.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
well, i agree with him. Parties aren't usually the ideal place for actual conversation.
Yeah, too many people talking about boring things. My gosh fellas; make an effort, sing a song, tell a joke, pull a rabbit out of a hat, make an impression, get noticed, do something!

Reaction score
GtarPlayr73 said:
Jeez almighty, is society going mental?! Asking a girl's major is "the kiss of death"??? It shouldn't even begin to be a problem. If it is, wow. God help us all. When the f*ck is it gonna end with all of this egg-shell, tip-toe bull$hit??? F*cking girls are human, not royal goddesses...
Yeah, may as well open with 'so how many guys have you fvcked?' and grope her on her a$$ it's far less offensive than asking about a major. Or how about this opener: "I like your dress, wanna fvck?" Again, less offensive than asking about a major.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
You're at a party and the most apparent thing to talk about is school???!!! WTF??!! Stop going to parties, re-enroll and just hang out in the student lounge.

Exactly. Asking lame questions like that is just the sign of you running out of ideas in a dying conversation. It shouldn't ever come up if you're running game right.

Reaction score
Serialized3 said:
Exactly. Asking lame questions like that is just the sign of you running out of ideas in a dying conversation. It shouldn't ever come up if you're running game right.
Best topic to talk to chicks is SEX! If you can`t talk about sex with a girl then... you`re screwed. Sex is the most interesting topic for them anyways, I highly doubt that any of you will have a fun time talkin about guys... so ya stick to sex, gossip and all that chick stuff. Talkin about school at parties is LAME... if you can`t think of anything to talk about... drink alcohol and get really buzzed... don`t worry u won`t get laid anyways. :crackup:

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wutangfinancial said:
The only thing I do is brag about how much money I'm going to make/already make in a subtle way...i.e., I don't literally say "I'm going to be rich", I say "yeah, so I'm not so into I-Banking, instead I'm interested in a managment consultancy" I DON'T talk about school, I talk about my career. Girls like money, purses, jewlery, ego, blah blah and I like sex. They don't care about my thoughts on Stochastic Processes and Linear Algebra.

And yeah, I'm not a DJ yet, but I HAVE elicited the gold digger gene before.
Girls don't like guys who brag about the money they have. It's cool if you can let her know you don't do bad by the way you dress or the car you drive, but actively bragging about it is a big turn off.

Much less, bragging about the money you DON'T EVEN HAVE YET, c'mon man. That doesn't even make sense. That's like a real skinny guy bragging about how huge he's GOING TO BE when he starts working out.

baller1985

Banned
Reaction score
my advice shouldnt be overlooked here, just read it, take it in, and your all set with the issue

mastersylar

Don Juan
Reaction score
f**k. i guess I am just going to read cosmo for material to talk about.:cheer:

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would disagree. If anything, once you find out, you can tap into her desires/dreams/future goals. Of course, i think the only time it would backfire is if she hates her major/ or career (job)...you've got yourself a pessimist there.

I think asking a girl where she goes to college is probably worse off, some are uncomfortable saying so because her college might not be that good. Plus the Uni one attends can easily be associated with their social status, girls dont like to be looked down on.

Reaction score
ScrewIt said:
I would disagree. If anything, once you find out, you can tap into her desires/dreams/future goals. Of course, i think the only time it would backfire is if she hates her major/ or career (job)...you've got yourself a pessimist there.

I think asking a girl where she goes to college is probably worse off, some are uncomfortable saying so because her college might not be that good. Plus the Uni one attends can easily be associated with their social status, girls dont like to be looked down on.
Damn... I asked this chick about college and she said she was going to a community college... I laughted and kinda stopped talkin to her... :nervous:

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DevanE said:
Dude...it's not that the thing is that this is probably the most annoying thing to ask a girl...I swear EVERY f*kin guy on my campus asks girls the same sh**.

"..Soooooo what's your major...?"

I don't understand what YOU asking what her major has to do with something that might interest her in talking to you. Seriously probably the most lamest sh** in the world. That's why when I listen a conversation that starts of with that and I look at the girl's face...she is bored to fukin death!!!!. Seriously, look at a girl's face WHILE she is talking about her major.

What a lot of guys fail to realize is that women in colleges are DYING to talk to someone interesting, someone larger than life, someone exciting (if your not exciting be a little exciting), most of all someone spontaneous. I swear I look at women and I can SMELL who is lonely and who isn't, they WANT to be seduced and fuked like the animals they yearn to be...oh wait let me find out what her major is before I hit her doggy style...get the fuk outta here with that.

DON'T ask a girl about her major because SHE doesn't give a fuk and let's be honest I personally don't give a fuk and I KNOW many of you DON'T give a fuk. So let's cut the BS and yes it is the DAMN kiss of death. Even sometimes girl's ask me what my major is and I completely flip that sh** around into something else and have them rolling and laughing their asses off. Be creative...see by reading some of the responses on this thread I can tell who here actually talks to women and who doesn't. :box:
I don't carry alot of clout, but c'mon, isn't this a bit overanalyzing? It is not the FVCKING KISS OF DEATH. It is four words. Not the ideal starter for a conversation, but not every fvcking sentence have to be making the girl cry out in tears from laughter as not every conversation with a girl is just for one goal only. Is it better to say something that is more interesting? Hells yeah! Should you panic if such a line was used? Fvck no! Don't usually conversations quickly drifts into something more interesting anyways?

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
What about when girls ask you what your major is? I actually get girls asking me a lot too...I should just reject them, no matter how hot they are, because it's the kiss of death. In fact, now that I think of it, the last couple of times I asked was when the girl asked me first.

Actually, let me share. Last time a girl asked was a few days ago. She was like "so...what's your major?" exactly like that, with a slight pause after she said "so..." LOL. I actually do find it a little common, but hey, can't blame her, she's just making conversation right? It does make for a boring conversation though, and you have to change topics. Still, fact is, you wouldn't reject a girl for asking you, so why the double-standard?