is ANY girlfriend better than NO girlfriend ?

scordate

Don Juan
Reaction score
what are the considerations regarding having ANY girlfriend compared to no girlfriend

is it ok to have a 3-5 when you are normally attracted to at least a 7

/ scordate

Magico

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's ok till your friends find out :crackup:

just kidding. if she doesn't play any games and isn't high maintenance, and doesn't take too much of yours time, than it's ok. but for me hanging with a 3-5 would be a loss of time. just a thought.

scordate

Don Juan
Reaction score
magico

i know exactly what you mean

however from various mails / experience I have gotten the general impression, that girls higher on the scales, while being babes in the beauty department, lack other qualities

they might be self-centred, narsicistic, materialistic, expensive to maintain, used to get whatever they point their little fingers at, humorless, brainless, bad tempered, ill-mannered, solely centered on appearance etc etc

so you might grow tired of them pretty quickly

/ scordate

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by scordate
magico

girls higher on the scales, while being babes in the beauty department, lack other qualities
they might be self-centred, narsicistic, materialistic, expensive...
scordate,

Thats a very valid statement.
Although your original question is odd...really...you want to KNOW
if it is ok to be with 3-5? What is the reason behind yoru question: you want guys' approval of your gf?
Man, this is not the best idea to think of...

Moreover I am a little confused: if she is 3-5 but you like her - what is the problem? What makes you think "is it ok to be with her"?
But if she is 3-5 and you do not like her... why are you still thinking about her?

I do take "measurements" of women (1-10), yes, but I dont act on it... I am trying to to care about what OTHER would think about her. I reply solely on how I like her, not other.
Does it make sense?

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No

Next Question.

You are having a GF - for the sake of it.

Why would you do this if you are not attracted to her? it makes no sense - and smells of co dependence.

If we are talking fvck buddies - then fine. But not a GF.

Oblivious

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you like what you like, go for what you like and don't settle. That's the whole DJ theme, isn't it? I am not a big fan of wasting someone's time for your own selfish gain, whatever it may be. Karma is a beeeoch and will definitely catch up to you. If you don't like these said 3-5 then leave them alone. Someone out there may think they are 6-7, maybe even 8-10.

But don't get mad when someone rejects you based on what you may look like. DJ skills can only get you so far. If a chick isn't attracted to you, she isn't attracted to you.

I don't think it should be that way though. Yes, looks may bring you in, but substances keeps a person around. Alot of those 3-5 could be quite attractive if you got the time to know them. But if you just want to stick with you ideal of a 7, then by all means go for it. But don't just get a girlfriend to have one. If you are such a DJ, get your 7 and girlfriend her. Are you a 7 by the way?

It kills me that you guys talk about getting women out of your league. But I tend to believe that like attracts like. Its like I've got a job, my own car, my own money, attractive, etc. So I am looking for someone who has those things as well. I'm not going to do too much reaching until I've achieved that status myself.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its always been my observation, but women seem to date DOWN in the looks department while men tend to date UP on same. Thats why we always see this knockout with her dribby BF. Men must have higher self esteem or something

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is better to have an ugly Fcuck buddy than no Fcuck buddy!! It is not better to any old girlfriend than no girlfriend. Do not settle, you will find yourself quite miserable in the end!!

Junior Sanz

Don Juan
Reaction score
im one of those guys that never "settles" id rather be by myself then to be with a chic i see has half-a$$ed....

id get sick of her in .02 seconds...

Oblivious

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not a self esteem issue if you think women date down in the looks department. I would think its more of a self esteem issue that you feel that its neccessary to go after the hotness chicks. And mostly its because of social pressures that guys want the hotness chicks--vain purposes solely. They don't call it a trophy wife for nothing--its all about appearances. When you have to cover up with shiny things, that signals some self esteem issues. If you are secure in yourself looks wouldn't be the most important thing.

Most women choose mates on a deeper level than looks. Can he provide, is he kind, can he protect, does he love me unconditionally, will he be a good father, can I count on him. Most dudes who are stuck on looks and think they are Adonis himself are so shallow and don't spend the time of day to work on the internal stuff that matters.

But I can't hate. I want to be attracted to whoever I'm with. If I am not I probably can't get beyond it unless there is something other than looks that draws me to him. People have a way of growing on you sometime.

Junior Sanz

Don Juan
Reaction score
when a chic is shallow it has to be the #1 turnoff ever. i live in New Jersey and 95% percent of the girls around here are extremely shallow. dont know why this is but it is FACT.

i like was oblivious said earlier. its one thing to be attracted to someone but its whats in the inside that really captures your interest.

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by scordate
what are the considerations regarding having ANY girlfriend compared to no girlfriend

/ scordate
Hmmm. If you want just ANY gf for the sake of having a gf, or to help you occupy a lot of lonely time that's otherwise spent alone, or to impress everyone with the trophy hanging off your arm, then I think you may have insecurity or self-esteem issues.

So, some people are willing to settle for less, while they're waiting for something better to come along. My take on this is to keep your standards high but realistic. That way, you won't settle for something less than what you want, and you won't inadvertently hurt the girl when you unceremoniously dump her 'cuz you found someone who really gets your blood flowing. Of course, this works best if you're interested in LTR's.

If you just want to screw anything with two breasts, the correct plumbing, and a heartbeat, then you can pretty much throw your standards out the window.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's something to consider, scordate is in Denmark. In my travels, a European 5 can be as impressive as a North American 7 or 8. I would consider it if I were across the pond but we're comparing apples and oranges geographically.

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BS, Fran. The 1-10 scale is universal.

And anyway, he considers her a 3-5.

I think a 5 in bed beats 10 in the head.

And, if you are happier, it will attract more women.

I would keep her around until you have something better, score.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is having any watermelon better than no watermelon?

uh no, some water melon is rotten!!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iveyleeger
BS, Fran. The 1-10 scale is universal.

And anyway, he considers her a 3-5.

I think a 5 in bed beats 10 in the head.

And, if you are happier, it will attract more women.

I would keep her around until you have something better, score.
Have you ever been to Barcelona, Ibiza, Madrid, Naples, Catanzaro? I doubt it...

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No. But my point is, if the women are hot, they are not "hot 5's." They are 7's. Or whatever. I'm not buying the BS that "my 5 is your 7" or whatever.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iveyleeger
No. But my point is, if the women are hot, they are not "hot 5's." They are 7's. Or whatever. I'm not buying the BS that "my 5 is your 7" or whatever.
Oh, then why just admit that it goes beyond your level of understanding and just leave it at that? :rolleyes: