Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is a woman married if......

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she has a ring on her right hand? Before I even consider gaming a woman I look at her hands to see any rings on them (so I don't embarrass myself trying to game a woman that is already taken).

Can somebody explain to me the ring differences?

1. correct me if im wrong, the wedding ring finger is the finger left to the middle finger in the left hand. Now why in the world do I keep seeing women with rings on their right hand? what does that mean? does a ring on the right hand mean that they are engaged and soon to be married? or is it just for fashion and bling bling?

First day of school, 2 hotties sit at my table. Both have rings on their right hands! so I say "hm probably taken" but then I learn they are younger than me (this is college) so the chances of them being married already are very low. So what do their rings mean?

T Money

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dude. You're in college?

If she has a ring on her right hand it means "Don't approach me! I'm going out with the starting quarterback"

If she has a ring on her LEFT ring finger it means "Hit on me, i'm available."

T Money

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well dude if you can tell i'm joking, then you probably know that if there's a ring on her left ring finger she's either engaged or married.

If it's on her right finger, that' just her style. No commitment there.

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple dude:

"Hey that's a nice ring, but isn't it on the wrong hand?" *smile*

or even more direct:

"Is that a wedding band?" but this may show that you don't know what things are supposed to be like.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gay as it sounds, it's all about the diamond. The ring on the left ring finger with a diamond on it signals married/engaged. At least in the chumpified US culture.

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she has a ring on her 'ring finger" on her left hand, it most likely means engaged/married.

If she has a ring on any other finger it has an ambigious meaning, but it does not mean engaged/married. If she has a ring on her right hand, clearly she wants to point out she is single.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok let me get this straight for me and all the other guys that don't know about the wedding rings.

if a woman wears a ring (with a diamond) on the finger left to the middle finger on her right hand = she is engaged

if a woman wears a ring on the finger left to the middle finger on her left hand = married (whether it be regular ring or those with a diamond)

is that correct? are the rings that have nothing on them called wedding bands?

T Money

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
...*cough*.

George Carlin once said:

"Think how dumb the average person is, then realize that 50% of the population is dumber than that."

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Europe a lot of people wear wedding rings on the right hand. Traditionally it's worn on the left hand here but it's hard for me to tell anymore. Use an indirect question like the one legolas posted, if you gotta know.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you need to know if she's married?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe The Homophobe
she has a ring on her right hand? Before I even consider gaming a woman I look at her hands to see any rings on them (so I don't embarrass myself trying to game a woman that is already taken).

Can somebody explain to me the ring differences?

1. correct me if im wrong, the wedding ring finger is the finger left to the middle finger in the left hand. Now why in the world do I keep seeing women with rings on their right hand? what does that mean? does a ring on the right hand mean that they are engaged and soon to be married? or is it just for fashion and bling bling?

First day of school, 2 hotties sit at my table. Both have rings on their right hands! so I say "hm probably taken" but then I learn they are younger than me (this is college) so the chances of them being married already are very low. So what do their rings mean?
promise rings can be worn on the opposite hand, because they are suppose to end up matching the wedding ring and engagement ring that go on the left hand. however, hardly anyone, ends up marrying that guy in high school that gave them a promise ring.

also i heard gay people wear them on the right hand, but dont know why.

Johnnie5

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most women pick their engagement ring

now what happens is when they split from their husband or divorce they dont want to get rid of the ring and it often moves to the right hand

check what rings they are , the style etc and its not hard to work out their status

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
european countries some of them have the wedding ring on the right hand

what country is she from ?

what nationality is she ?

it may be she has it on her right hand due to her families tradition

LIT :D