Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is 5'8 short for a male these days?

warrior1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Because I always see people mention with their preferences I want a guy that is at least 5'10. Isn't 5'9 average?

No bashing in this thread please. For instance when i look at myself in photos or in the mirror, i look a bit short. Yet how do woman who are like 5'4 may think a guy who's 5'8 be short? I mean since I am 5'8 and if i see a guy whos 5'11 he definitely looks tall.

I dont know. Do woman like 5'3 even look at a guy 5'7 5'8 and say they are short? I mean shes a good 4-5 inches shorter.

DarkShade

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'8" and the guys I notice getting somewhere with the checks are taller than me. Also I don't notice many guys around my height (below 5'9") getting any action.

I've yet to see an "alpha" male of the group that is short.

With that said, yes it is short, and yes it does affect the response from the opposite sex.

Night Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are concentrating too much on the packaging. Stop worrying about your height and work on the inner stuff. :cool:

DarkShade

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For being Chinese descent, 5'8" is slightly above average according to the chart.

warrior1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well I live in New York City. I am pretty sure most Chinese guys here are taller than the Chinese guys in China. Does that chart take this into account?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
warrior1 said:
Because I always see people mention with their preferences I want a guy that is at least 5'10. Isn't 5'9 average?

No bashing in this thread please. For instance when i look at myself in photos or in the mirror, i look a bit short. Yet how do woman who are like 5'4 may think a guy who's 5'8 be short? I mean since I am 5'8 and if i see a guy whos 5'11 he definitely looks tall.

I dont know. Do woman like 5'3 even look at a guy 5'7 5'8 and say they are short? I mean shes a good 4-5 inches shorter.
Yes, woman, no matter how tall they are, even if they are 5'0", have a preference for someone much taller, and to them 5'7-5'8" is short, go figure. Fortunately, that is just a preference, and not a must, in general.

Just like we have preferences, wether it be larger breasts over smaller ones, bubble buts over flat buts, wide hips over no hips, or vice versa, they have preference. And just like we might be into a hot chick who has perky B cups, while we might prefer full C's, they also make exceptions all of the time.

warrior1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well Wutangfinancial, i am very attracted to Asian girls. White girls are fine as well too. The only looks I get from are from Asian girls and a lot of them are pretty cute. I wished i wasnt such a damn wussy the last few years.

warrior1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey wutang i recalled you posted your pic here last time and that you are white.

By the way do you have a lot of hair? Reason i ask this is b/c to most ppl, I never been called short before. I have this spikey hair afro thing thats about 2 inches so it makes me look taller though that isn't my reason for having my hair like that. I measured myself last time and I am 5'8 barefoot, probably like 5'8.5-5'9 with my shoes and like 5'10.5 with my hair lol.

Do people call you short? No one has ever called me short except when i play basketball with a bunch of guys that are like 6'1 and 6'2.

TheIndianGuy

Reaction score
I'm an Indian guy (south asian) and I am 5' 6.5" without shoes....

would a white woman go for me...

I'm pretty confident and a good conversationalist...

Kupid Diggs

Don Juan
Reaction score
wutangfinancial said:
I suggest going to another country. Seriously. I mean, yeah, a guy with movie star looks can get girls at 5'8, but not a normal looking guy.

However, I DO sometimes see really hot Asian girls with 5'8 Asian guys, usually fresh off the boat. I DON'T ever see hot white girls with 5'8 Asian guys, ever. Also, Americanized Asian girls are completely obsessed with height.

Good news: 5'8 is not short in Asia or Latin America. You're not screwed at 5'8, far from it. Even in France, girls will gladly date 5'8 guys. It has to do with the height of guys around you.

Stuka is confused, because he likes to believe he is tall. Most guys, especially white guys, are around 6' these days in North America. Most Northern Europeans guys are close to 6'2.
People on here need to watch who they get their information from on this site. Like the kid above, he has no credibility on this site. If I were you I wouldn't listen to anything he says. One ear and out the other... He's an admitted drug addict. His problem is he has no game and he is lazy. He has all the $$$ in the world and he has no game. I wonder if he has any real goals.

But anyways, height doesn't matter. Its all about your confidence.

immrtlwun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls tend to like taller guys because they feel safer with them. Its part of a woman's instincts to choose a mate that will protect them. Being taller or more muscular helps with being perceived as a protector. So if you're shorter, you have to show in other ways that you can protect her. This doesn't mean you need to pick fights and stuff to prove your manhood, but doing other things to make up for it.
Basically height isn't going to be the determining factor in attraction, you might just have to work a little bit harder than a 6 foot guy.

Jokerlsk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im half chinese and i'm 6'2.... It's not about height really. If you have a good personality ladies will come.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about what you cannot control. Height is one of those things that is out of your reach to change (at least for now), so only negative thoughts can come of even thinking about it.

I've seen many 5'8 guys pull hotties all through out school here, 6+ guys are still looking for some. The most important thing deep down to a woman is how you portray yourself and how dominant you are compared to other males.

Other things like looks and height are just the first level of attraction that can be totally removed if you are a male of great status. Don't be fooled.. the taller men who keep hotties for awhile usually do because they are dominant and successful themselves.

DismantleRepair

Don Juan
Reaction score
5'8" is fine. Luckily you're still taller than most of the women you'll meet.

I'm Asian, 5'7", and I don't even think about it.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh height is one of those funny things, like penis size.

Everyone wants to be above average... unfortunately that's not how these things work.

So if you're average in a department you can't change, don't complain. You could be part of the 50% that's BELOW average.

And yes, 5'8" is around average.

Reaction score
In answer to your question...NO!!!!

I have seen plenty of shorter players on the playing field and winning lot's of fine women.

And for your other hidden question...NO again. Size isn't the issue either down there.

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To answer your question, 5'10 is average, but WHO CARES?!?

I know PLENTY of dudes MUCH shorter than 5'8 who are banging hot chicks left and right. The difference between them and you is that they don't sit around worrying about their height. They just get out there and put the screws to good-looking women.

Your insecurity about your height (which, incidentally, is still within the average range) is holding you back a lot more than your height is.