is 2 workouts enough?

hot stuff

Banned
Reaction score
is two workouts a week enough if you eat like a horse in between and do everything correct?!! BTW that is working each muscle group once a week, as i dont work on my legs and do squats

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hot stuff said:
is two workouts a week enough if you eat like a horse in between and do everything correct?!! BTW that is working each muscle group once a week, as i dont work on my legs and do squats
not if you're not doing squats. are you deadlifting even?

why aren't you doing them?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why on earth wouldn't you work your legs? Thats the most functional part of your body. Without leg strength, you'll get owned in anything physical. Besides, chicken legs get made fun of big time.

Plus, squats and deads are just "leg exercises".

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're not doing everything correct if you don't do squats.

2x a week is a lot better than nothing. Not optimal at 3.5, but still good.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you refuse to do squats & deadlifts, then most guys here won't really have much advice to offer. just a piece of advice.

hot stuff

Banned
Reaction score
i dont do squats as natuarally my legs are quite muscular by nature and are the part of my body i feel i can do without bulking FOR NOW!! i do deadlifts yes, but not as consistently as i should.

if dead lifts are so important i will properly incorporate them into my routine from now on!! should i do them on the same day as my back and triceps, or my chest and biceps??

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bulking= Diet Term

Cutting= Diet Term

Add muscle and lose fat= Diet Term (best imo)

The weight training is always the same. Squats don't have anything to do with bulking, your diet does.

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Woah stop. When you said 'back and triceps' and 'chest and biceps' you actually meant back and BICEPS... and chest and TRICEPS. They're the muscles that link with the exercises, you should be doing them together.

In my opinion anyway, haha.

hot stuff

Banned
Reaction score
i didnt think it mattered that much whether you did back and triceps together rather than back and biceps!! does it make much difference??

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What matters isn't doing them together, it's the amount of rest you get in between exercising those muscles. Since you use your triceps while benching, you don't want only one day between your back/tris workout and your chest/bis workout. This would make it so that you worked out your triceps and biceps twice in three days.

You also might want to think about your shoulders workout. During your presses you're working out the tris also. This means that you're going ot have THREE days in which your tris are stressed. For this reason alone I workout my tris with my shoulders 3 days after my chest workout, the day before my leg workout.

My workout is a 4 day split:

Mon: Legs and Abs
Wed: Chest and Abs
Fri: Back and Bis and if I'm up for it some more abs
Sat or Sun: Shoulders and Tris

I usually throw 3 sets of underhand EZ curl bar curls in on monday just to remind my biceps I havent forgotten about them.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read that your lower body has 85% of your muscle mass.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
even if your legs are well-developed, you should be squatting and deadlifting because

a) they are both full body compound lifts
b) they together work nearly all the muscles in your body
c) stimulating that much muscle (85% sounds a bit high but not outrageously so) releases naturally anabolic compounds that boost the rest of your body's development

You can be successful with a 2, 3 or 4-day split, depending on your experience and genetics. I've always gotten the best results from 3-day splits, so that's what I tend to recommend.